*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

i hope JaVale McGee makes the roster this time,

imagine Maniac McGee on a worldwide stage

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Stop acting like Blake "Nike's Golden Child" Griffin isn't going to be on the Olympic team.
Like I told you before
Golden Children have signatures and actual Nike Commericals

He will after this season. They already put out every color of every shoe he ever puts out on his feet.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

i hope JaVale McGee makes the roster this time,

imagine Maniac McGee on a worldwide stage

embarrass america on a world stage?
edit. or is he good now since denver idk i followed his thread here and only saw bonehead plays 

Did y'all not read that article?
Only players from the pool of 20 will be selected for the team.

That means no McGee, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Marcus Camby, or any other big man from USA.
I could see them making an exception for an old vet like Duncan or KG, but I doubt either of them want to play.

Which leads me to believe that BG will make it over Russy or Rose.
Reason I say Rose is b/c he's been injured all season and I could see him resting during the offseason (and he'd be the only non-Nike athlete on the team I think
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Stop acting like Blake "Nike's Golden Child" Griffin isn't going to be on the Olympic team.
Like I told you before
Golden Children have signatures and actual Nike Commericals

He will after this season. They already put out every color of every shoe he ever puts out on his feet.
Might as well....
But lets be even more real and say thats the reason Bosh gets left off.

Then you risk pissing Bron and Wade off.

Sohi If Derrick wants to go he goes its pretty much that simple. These guys +!+*# about playing in July, by August he and Russell are already running dudes who think they want to train with them off the floor. Dude is gone be bored imo.

If Blake Griffin is on the team, I'm flying to Vegas and putting $1,000 on Spain to win gold. He is a total liability in a game featuring the Gasols and Serge Ibaka. He won't do squat against them, especially in a physical FIBA game. And that leaves Team USA with Tyson Chandler and Kevin Love, one of which will probably foul out. At least Bosh can hit a mid-range shot and play SOME defense.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If Blake Griffin is on the team, I'm flying to Vegas and putting $1,000 on Spain to win gold. He is a total liability in a game featuring the Gasols and Serge Ibaka. He won't do squat against them, especially in a physical FIBA game. And that leaves Team USA with Tyson Chandler and Kevin Love, one of which will probably foul out. At least Bosh can hit a mid-range shot and play SOME defense.

Go lose a g I guess....
As much as people want to get around it he is on the squad....

I've been saying this.... but yall are vastly underestimating Bosh in international ball, and I hate the guy
laugh.gif

Cp3/rose/dwill
Wade/Kobe
Kd/Carmelo
Lebron/bosh/griffin
Chandler/love

I think this team can pull off gold...

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Cp3/rose/dwill
Wade/Kobe
Kd/Carmelo
Lebron/bosh/griffin
Chandler/love

I think this team can pull off gold...

That should be the team right there. Oh, and Bron and Wade could probably give a flying %%## whether or not Bosh is on the team. Come on now......we're talking about Chris Bosh. He's the redheaded stepchild of that team, they probably can't wait to get away from dude after each game is over.

Blake Griffin isn't suited for the international game, not just yet at least. Would much rather see a shooter taken over him.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I've been saying this.... but yall are vastly underestimating Bosh in international ball, and I hate the guy
laugh.gif
A lot of people seem to have no idea what they are talking about in regards to international ball.  Thats why I havent really participated a whole lot in this thread.  People are using their biases and reactions to NBA play and are applying that to their opinions about the Olympic team.  International play is a very different animal.  Most just dont seem to grasp this concept.  Yes, Bosh should make this team.  Shouldnt even be a question.

(An example of this for me is Kevin Love.  I think Love is the best PF in the NBA.  But I am not 100% in favor of him being on this team because I am not sure how his game will translate.  I think it could, but Im not sure.)

Kevin Love would be money in the Olympics. The fact that he could extend to the perimeter and hit the open jump shot, as well as rake the boards will be substantial. Him and Bosh need to be on that team.

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
A lot of people seem to have no idea what they are talking about in regards to international ball.  Thats why I havent really participated a whole lot in this thread.  People are using their biases and reactions to NBA play and are applying that to their opinions about the Olympic team.  International play is a very different animal.  Most just dont seem to grasp this concept.  Yes, Bosh should make this team.  Shouldnt even be a question.

(An example of this for me is Kevin Love.  I think Love is the best PF in the NBA.  But I am not 100% in favor of him being on this team because I am not sure how his game will translate.  I think it could, but Im not sure.)

For someone who seems to fancy themselves an expert on FIBA, then how can you possibly question K-Love's game? He's perfect for FIBA. He's a rebounding machine who can hit a shot from anywhere (including threes). The only knock is he doesn't defend the rim very well, but he doesn't need to do that.

I keep Bosh absolutely, but get Griffin the hell away from that team. Replace him with Iggy or Russ.

CP3/Deron/Rose
Kobe/Wade/Russ
LeBron/KD
Love/Carmelo
Chandler/Bosh.

I think that's the lineup you gotta roll with. Maybe take out Russ for Iguodala, but that's the only change I'd make. The 08 squad did just fine with Carmelo, Bosh, and Dwight handling most of the big-men minutes. Replace Dwight with Chandler and Love, they'll be fine.

laugh.gif

For someone who seems to fancy themselves an expert on FIBA, then how can you possibly question K-Love's game? He's perfect for FIBA. He's a rebounding machine who can hit a shot from anywhere (including threes). The only knock is he doesn't defend the rim very well, but he doesn't need to do that.
Love was fantastic in his limited role during the 2010 WC....

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Love was fantastic in his limited role during the 2010 WC....

dmbrhs- I am not claiming to be a "FIBA expert," nor am I saying that Kevin Love cant succeed in international play.  Im just saying its still a little bit of a question mark.  Like rck2sactown said, he was great in a limited role in 2010.  I think he can do it.  I just think you kind of took my quote a little extreme.  I just meant that its still sort of an unknown.  But I do agree he needs to be on the team and would serve a purpose. 

Rose/CP3/DWill
Wade/Kobe

Durant/Melo

Lebron/Bosh/Griffin

Chandler/Love

I would def. rather have someone like Cousins over Griffin. The only time Griffin will play is at the end of blow-outs or to get the crowd going with his dunks. Dude brings nothing to this team. This mentality of thinking the USA will flat out dominate the competition is ridiculous. The world caught up to us awhile ago, although I think we will win gold, it wont be easy. Lebron at PF? 
laugh.gif
 What post moves does he have? The Gasol brothers will eat him alive, I hope Love & Bosh can hold their own though against them.

indifferent.gif
if Blake Griffin gets on this team.

Some of you guys sound completely arrogant/ignorant about how the international game is played. The big man positions are probably the most dangerous positions to guard because of how quick and athletic most bigs are internationally. You're going to need tough, physical and defensive minded bigs if you want to win on the international level. Blake Griffin doesn't fit that bill.

laugh.gif
at you guys thinking we're going to win easily with just Kobe/LeBron. it's that exact mentality we had back in 04' that won us the bronze.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

laugh.gif
at you guys thinking we're going to win easily with just Kobe/LeBron. it's that exact mentality we had back in 04' that won us the bronze.

I 100% agree with what you are saying...... but in 04 it was AI, Timmy, Marbury
laugh.gif
and then Marion, Odom, Jefferson and a young Wade behind those guys...... and then after those guys were basically 4 empty spots with Melo, Bron, Amare, and Okafor
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Here if you wanna make that same argument, we got Kobe and Lebron leading the way sure.... and then Durant, Melo, Wade....... followed by our PGs who can all score with CP3, D-Will and maybe Rose??? All we need are some capable, smart big men that can hold their own on D and set some picks here and there and we should be fine. Chandler, Love and Bosh fit the bill..... and then I wouldn't mind seeing a Griffin or McGee to fill out the roster because we do need big guys
ohwell.gif

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that every single dude on the roster has a role. Look at 08, Prince had a few games where he stepped in a D'ed up huge, Redd also had a game or two of just catching fire.... only dude who didn't have a role (oddly enough) was Boozer and that was weird especially since he's a Dukie
laugh.gif
 In 04, those dudes literally were thrown together and LB hated half of em. Coach K is gonna have a say in building this team and I trust those dudes. Plus, really we all can pretty much agree on the 8-10 guys who should make the team.

Back
Top Bottom