*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Originally Posted by crowelliowa34

i had a question IF D. Rose & D. Howard wasent hurt who would y'all take. Im sure a lot of people added Westbrook & Bosh but would you have them on the team still if the Inj didn't happen? i would of had Bosh Yes
If fully healthy, the team would have been (or should have been):

CP3, Deron, Rose, Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Carmelo, Bosh, Love, Chandler, Howard

That would have been disgusting.

Anyway, Bosh has plenty of international experience and is going to be on the team, whether people like it or not. He's a good fit for FIBA. Right now, I'd say barring further injuries, these are the eleven certified locks now:

CP3
Deron
Westbrook
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Carmelo
Durant
Bosh
Love
Chandler

Now it's a matter of plugging in that 12th spot.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I'm just hoping the coaches for team USA wake up and put Cousins on the team over Griffin.

Griffin brings absolutely nothing to this team. Team USA needs another center and Cousins fills that void.
Im not the biggest Griffin fan in the world (I don't enjoy players who can't shoot), but he is going to MURDER someone in the Olympics....you just know it, so it will be all worth it.   I don't even think he is going to play that much, he is essentially the last player on the roster, can't shoot (they play zone in FIBA), and he isn't a good FT shooter either. 
Cousins wouldn't even touch the floor.

I hate Griffin, and I certainly don't care, or know who DeMarcus Tantrum Cousins is, but Griffin is a lot more athletic thatn cousins.  STrength wise, Griffin will pummel these frail armed foreigners.

Think katie perry's ex husband and luis scola on the same team and getting abused by our big boys.  I don't think Russel is a ball handler by any means.  He is quick though.

I'd like to see a TRUE PG.  Billups was this, but now he's done.  Deron was this, but now he looks like the overwieght baron davis in charloote days.

They need a REAL PG. a REAL ONE!

I agree w/ going w/ rajon, but he's a bit of an alien looking guy. he might do a chest bump.

Love has to start. He should do kill in international play.

Cousins shouldn't even be considered, but Rondo wouldn't be a bad fit. If you put him in there instead of Westbrook you know you won't have any problems with Rondo shooting. like Russell might. With USA guards, I don't think we could go too wrong no matter who plays.

Cousins shouldn't be considered? He's a top 5/ top 3 center in the league that would be playing on a team short on centers. Why wouldn't he be considered? And if it's up to Griffin and Cousins, that's an easy take. Cousins skill set is superior to Griffin's.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Cousins shouldn't be considered? He's a top 5/2 center in the league that would be playing on a team short on centers. Why wouldn't he be considered? And if it's up to Griffin and Cousins, that's an easy take. Cousins skill set is superior to Griffin's.

agreed, griff is one-dimensional at this point of his career.

Rose is not going to play.
Chris Paul and Rondo for the US as point guards and we should be perfectly fine.

I'm just hoping the coaches for team USA wake up and put Cousins on the team over Griffin.

Griffin brings absolutely nothing to this team. Team USA needs another center and Cousins fills that void.
Im not the biggest Griffin fan in the world (I don't enjoy players who can't shoot), but he is going to MURDER someone in the Olympics....you just know it, so it will be all worth it.   I don't even think he is going to play that much, he is essentially the last player on the roster, can't shoot (they play zone in FIBA), and he isn't a good FT shooter either. 
Blake Griffin this year 16-23 ft - 37% http://www.hoopdata.com/p...spx?name=Blake%20Griffin
Kevin Love this year 16-23 ft - 36% http://www.hoopdata.com/p...r.aspx?name=Kevin%20Love

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

i had a question IF D. Rose & D. Howard wasent hurt who would y'all take. Im sure a lot of people added Westbrook & Bosh but would you have them on the team still if the Inj didn't happen? i would of had Bosh Yes

CP3, Deron, Rose, Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Carmelo, Bosh, Love, Chandler, Howard

Anyway, Bosh has plenty of international experience and is going to be on the team, whether people like it or not. He's a good fit for FIBA. Right now, I'd say barring further injuries, these are the eleven certified locks now:

CP3
Deron
Westbrook
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Carmelo
Durant
Bosh
Love
Chandler

Ok I see somebody agree with me Bosh is no push over you ask me i jet feel him joining the Heat he is getting over looked & some people forget he always been a finesse player and people look for him to be on the blocks being the trash man thats not his game, also yes Bosh is a very solid international player. Lastly i had Westbrook also the odd man out at the Guard position but i think of all the pg's he would be able to play a little Sg if needed and that would be good for him 

Not trying to nitpick, but funny you guys consider Cousins a center when he sees himself as a power forward (peep his twitter)
laugh.gif
dude really doesn't like banging and posting up in the low post. He likes to operate in the mid range, high post area and go off the dribble from there.

CP3
Deron
Westbrook
Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Carmelo
Durant
Bosh
Love
Chandler

Ok I see somebody agree with me Bosh is no push over you ask me i jet feel him joining the Heat he is getting over looked & some people forget he always been a finesse player and people look for him to be on the blocks being the trash man thats not his game, also yes Bosh is a very solid international player. Lastly i had Westbrook also the odd man out at the Guard position but i think of all the pg's he would be able to play a little Sg if needed and that would be good for him 
I was going to add a side note that Westbrook is a good combo guard for the team. Realistically, he's the 12th man and won't play as much, but he's good insurance in case CP3 or D-Will go down.

Also, for those interested, tickets for the exhibition in Vegas go on sale at 11 am today.

Griffin is a better fit for the Olympic team, imo... They're going to need his athleticism. Plus I can only imagine him on the break
sick.gif
eek.gif
Nobody is going to be able to stop him out there.

hmmm these games never sellout. Do you think any tix will end up on stubhub????

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Blake Griffin this year 16-23 ft - 37% http://www.hoopdata.com/p...spx?name=Blake%20Griffin
Kevin Love this year 16-23 ft - 36% http://www.hoopdata.com/p...r.aspx?name=Kevin%20Love

what the hell are you trying to prove?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

what the hell are you trying to prove?
He's directly responding to the 'can't shoot' comment (bolded). 
Interesting stat. Obviously Love is a much more effective 3 pt shooter...that would be great for spacing and creating lanes / getting the opposing big men out of the paint so LeBron, Durant, Wade, etc.

Cousins is just a guy I wouldn't want on the team. He still acts like a baby. Maybe considered, but not on the team.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Link?
http://www.unlvtickets.co.../spe/310/usa-basketball/
pimp.gif
....Thanks man, did you get them? I'm looking at hotels + flights right now.
Yeah. I'd already booked the trip because I wanted to go to the game. Ended up being cheaper because it's mid-week. I say go for it.

And I have a hard time imagining the game would be a sell out. It's just an exhibition against DR. But who knows.

30t6p3b.gif
@ the Cousins disrespect

David Stern wants to restrict Olympics to 23-and-under players

By Royce Young | NBA Blogger

Olympic basketball might be changing yet again. At least if David Stern has his way. 

Speaking on ESPN Radio, Stern said he would be in favor of making a new age restriction on who can participate in the basketball tournament.

"My own view is that post-London, we should be thinking about even what soccer does and make it 23 and under," Stern said Monday.

Stern said the league doesn't try and encourage players to play though.

“No, we stay out of it," he said. "The problem is that it's so [ingrained] into the international players that they just always play. And so we were contemplating, even back in the day when we thought we maybe wouldn't allow NBA players to go, that would have deprived us of Yao Ming because the Chinese government never would have let him come to play (in the NBA). And the international players were going anyway. So then it would apply only to American players? So we found ourselves in a bit of an interesting dilemma with the whole thing.

I didn't need that wall of text to know Love is a far superior shooter to Blake G tho man. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom