*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

russ being russ
laugh.gif

**** the haters

Last edited:
:smh: at all these damn whistles.

From Simmons in 2008:

You can't beat three incompetent FIBA refs speaking different languages for providing an I-hope-this-doesn't-turn-out-like-the-last-three-seconds-of-the-'72-Olympic-gold-medal-game edge. Just when Spain was fading, Fernández caught the on-fires from Navarro and YouTubed Howard with a hellacious dunk. But he fouled out on an egregious touch foul (Kobe's game-altering four-point play), and Spain cried conspiracy after. Problem is, those bozos called a whopping 55 fouls and looked more wobbly than a 93-year-old backing out of a driveway. Fun wrinkle, especially if you wanted to have a two-hour heart attack.

With all the whistles in FIBA, it's a good thing they don't have TV timeouts (at least in Olympic play). Games would take four hours.

Next go around 2016, send at least three 7 ft C's please. Fab Melo. DMC. Mcgee, whoever. I know we rely on athleticism but we need some big bodies.

I am not a fan of the refs interpretation of what a travel is or isnt, the refereeing was inconsistent for the whole game for the most part. I remember not being a fan of it in 2008 but if this is any indication of whats going to happen in London then this will be the worst officiated olympics I have ever seen.

Glad to see USAs lack of size get exposed, theres not much they can do about it now in terms of personell but maybe now from here on forward they will realize that they cant just get by being more athletic than everyone else, especially with the refs who arent used to seeing it and as a result are very quick on the trigger

a few pointers I thought of while watching the game

- Am I the only one who think Davis should play over Chandler? Tyson is a hacker and is scared to even look at the basket cause he's so awful at offense.
- That Durant and Lebron pick&roll is so unguardable its ridiculous. that really should be our go to play whenever we really need a bucket
- Kobe is basically useless on this team. He should get the 7th or 8th most mins on the squad unless we need him to lock up a 2guard
- Melo killin, dude thrives in olympic play.
- As great as CP3 and Dwill are, the offense runs best when lebron is the decision maker. especially if the defense is in a zone
- and lastly we will definitley be seeing Spain in that gold medal game. With Marc added in that size of theres does scare me, especially if we pick up all these dumb fouls again. But as long as we sustain no major injuries this gold medal is ours

Last edited:
This guy lebron needs to remember how he won the finals. He's incredibly frustrating to watch sometimes. He could drive in for a dunk, get fouled, or kick out every. Single. Play.

Melo stroke

Refs suck in every country

Tyson got screwed, but also needs to play much better.

Flops everywhere

DVR rules

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom