*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

The Dream Team never saw teams like the current international squads. Not saying they would or wouldn't win.. But you cannot directly apply what they did 20 years ago to the game now. That's part of what made the 92 team so special, their impact on global basketball.
It was a joke from Twitter.. Sarcasm doesn't go over well on the Internet.

Can't believe i'm saying this but.....Lebron
pimp.gif

This will b there toughest game by far remember in 2000 Lithuania almost beat the KG VC squad think it was a 2 point victory

Now that Spain have lost to Russia theyll likely play the US b4 tha final so whoever they get in tha gold medal game will b a weak opponant.

Only possible tough game remaining is if they face Russia or maybe Lithuania again

Some of tha players KD CP etc didnt really wanna shake hands so wat woulda happened if they had lost I wonder?

Peace

Scottie

Of course this would happen. When usa had those exhibition games you could predict that usa would struggle if they jacked up 3s. 10 for 33 :x 30.3%.

How does chandler grab 1 rebound :x

LTU caught them sleeping. :smh:

Tyson needs to play more to protect the rim. Lebron going into finals mode at the end got the win for us.

Well ill be damned. *throws on jersey as my day's fit*

laugh.gif

On another note, I always liked Kleiza(sp?) when he played on the Nuggets. He still in the league?

Last edited:
Kobe shouldn't even be there.
Can't believe I'm saying this either, LeBron :smh:

Don't go to the extreme and say he shouldnt be there now thats just nonsense. :lol:

But he def was pressing for the big play down the stretch.Terrible shot selection, bad gambling on D and just not in the flow on offense.

This game did a complete 180 when Chris Paul and Deron were in the back court late in the 4th.....Chris Paul had huge steals, assists down the court, and critical rebounds to give USA the lead, he was the MVP down the stretch.

I really wanted Lithuania to win this game (since it doesn't affect Team USA), they played a tough hard nosed game. Nothing but spread floor, and pick and rolls ala D'Antoni system.

This USA team chucks 3's and relies on fast breaks, sus defense.

Last edited:
Missed most of the 1st half but overall not a good game for Team USA.

Poor shoot selection, abysmal free throw and 3 point shooting.

Think those Nigerians scammed them into thinking the rest of their games would be easy.

LeBron going into 2012 playoff mode, putting the team on his back.

Despite the scare USA needed a game like this. It should help them refocus, so that 12 missed free throws games don't happen for the rest of the tournament.

Props to Lithuania.

It's still striking how much more athletic the US team is compared to the rest of the world.

Today suggested to me that it will be their ability or inability to leverage their athleticism, particularly on the defensive end, that determines whether or not they win gold.

USA spent too much time in the village and messing around. they should be on it. they ain't beating no dream team.

USA needed this game, just like the Brazil game in 2010 (which was just downright ugly).

They need this type of game to get focus on the next few.

All these teams with NBA players are not afraid of us. :smh: people not accepting that the world is catching up.

Damn, that was close. I agree, USA did need this game, after winning by 83 points, you need something to bring you back down to earth, we don't want this to happen in the gold medal game. Gotta give props to Lithuania. Say what you want, the Dream Team did not face this level of competition.

Last edited:
Dream team would have smacked up this team. Acting like anyone they saw today is better than Tony Kukoc. Jack some more threes. Continue the lay up line. Lucky lebron decided to win them the game. :smh:

way to come through in the clutch Bron. and CP3 had some huge plays as well in the last 5 minutes.

but still the defense was awful today. i feel at times the team plays way too aggressive on ball d that we easily allow drive and kicks. if we didn't play so risky then the game wouldn't have been so close. But long term its good for this team to have a close scare like this, they know they can't mess around now.

and like i said way back during the scrimmages...what exactly does Kobe bring to the table for this team?? I'd much rather have Dwill or Westbrook on the floor

Back
Top Bottom