*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Melo in the last 4 games:

FG: 29/45
PTS: 82
FG%: 64%
MIN: 68
Dude is ballin' out of this world right now. He has to easily be the most efficient player in the Olympics right now :pimp:

Last edited:
What people fail to realize is that what separated the Dream Team from the rest of the world was their ability to pass & play defense. Those were the two areas most lacking in today's game and it showed. I have yet to see Melo try on defense and all those dribble, drive, throw up a shot moves today almost cost them the game. Not to mention that there was no attempt to crash the boards after shots either.

Say what you want, the Dream Team did not face this level of competition.

Can I say that Lithuania are 1-3 and were BLOWN OUT by Argentina? Yeah, that's some major competition. :lol: So insecure using the competition excuse as the last line of defense.

The 1992 Croatia team with Petrovic, Kukoc and Radja was easily better than this Lithuania team.

The weakness of this team was exposed today. Countless times where a Lithuanian perimeter player drives past the U.S. player defending him, except there's no center waiting for him to protect the basket and instead it's a wide open layup.

That Croatia team is better than any team they will play including Spain. The whole competition level is overstated. Yes the average player is better. But they still aren't playing an elite team like the Croatia team besides maybe Spain and honestly petrovic was probably better than Pau.

Coach K has to get some of the blame too. I don't think they are running any offense. This is some Mike Woodson type offense. I have no idea why Chandler was not in the game most of the second half.

Coach K is just focusing on defense and allow the players to freelance on O. He actually got on Chris Paul for calling out plays

I believe the Team isnt as focused as it should be and Coach K. giving them days off isnt helping. This mostly young team has talent & legs but they are not consistent enough with their shooting (or how about maybe not shooting 3's when the can move the ball & drive instead?). Their defense and speed will get them the Gold but if they are not shooting at unconscious level like the Nigeria game then other teams playing basic team ball can make it close. OR just have Lebron play the whole game like the 4th against Lithuania. No doubt Lebron is the best in the world and really wish he would just dominate by going to the basket instead of just coasting until he's needed. I would also like the Team to stop with all the sight seeing, visiting other events & late night clubbing if they are not mature enough as players to be able to do that AND dominate in the games.

Can I say that Lithuania are 1-3 and were BLOWN OUT by Argentina? Yeah, that's some major competition. :lol: So insecure using the competition excuse as the last line of defense.
The 1992 Croatia team with Petrovic, Kukoc and Radja was easily better than this Lithuania team.
The weakness of this team was exposed today. Countless times where a Lithuanian perimeter player drives past the U.S. player defending him, except there's no center waiting for him to protect the basket and instead it's a wide open layup.

90's babies may not know who you're talking about...

I believe the Team isnt as focused as it should be and Coach K. giving them days off isnt helping. This mostly young team has talent & legs but they are not consistent enough with their shooting (or how about maybe not shooting 3's when the can move the ball & drive instead?). Their defense and speed will get them the Gold but if they are not shooting at unconscious level like the Nigeria game then other teams playing basic team ball can make it close. OR just have Lebron play the whole game like the 4th against Lithuania. No doubt Lebron is the best in the world and really wish he would just dominate by going to the basket instead of just coasting until he's needed. I would also like the Team to stop with all the sight seeing, visiting other events & late night clubbing if they are not mature enough as players to be able to do that AND dominate in the games.

>D c'mon man

Reading dumb **** like this just make me laugh. Like these are grown *** men in another country enjoying the time of their lives, taking in other sports they normally wouldn't have time to do, or visiting different spots they wouldn't normally visit, all while STILL having the ability to play(AND WIN) every other day, and here you are suggesting they stop doing what they're doing so they can win by 30+ instead of 10+...........***** :lol:

Reading dumb **** like this just make me laugh. Like these are grown *** men in another country enjoying the time of their lives, taking in other sports they normally wouldn't have time to do, or visiting different spots they wouldn't normally visit, all while STILL having the ability to play(AND WIN) every other day, and here you are suggesting they stop doing what they're doing so they can win by 30+ instead of 10+...........***** :lol:

Well it is their vacation and its not their job so they can slack off and try to win with talent alone. But if theyre gonna be reckless like Kobe talking about beat the 92 Dream Team then they better not get beat by far less talented team using simple high screens to get free walks to the basket. This team isnt like Barkley will the ability to party all night and not have it affect his game or like Jordan and his golf/card games. My point is this current team isnt proven enough to be so casual. The player with maturity enough to play above the distractions is also the oldest and not effective enough to lead them. Just my opinion though. I guess its dumb **** if it makes sense.

Well it is their vacation and its not their job so they can slack off and try to win with talent alone. But if theyre gonna be reckless like Kobe talking about beat the 92 Dream Team then they better not get beat by far less talented team using simple high screens to get free walks to the basket. This team isnt like Barkley will the ability to party all night and not have it affect his game or like Jordan and his golf/card games. My point is this current team isnt proven enough to be so casual. The player with maturity enough to play above the distractions is also the oldest and not effective enough to lead them. Just my opinion though. I guess its dumb **** if it makes sense.

The coach K lead group of guys have lost 1 game since 2006, but yet they're "not proven enough"......yea you're right that makes a ton of sense, I'm done :smh:

Well ill be damned. *throws on jersey as my day's fit*

:lol:

On another note, I always liked Kleiza(sp?) when he played on the Nuggets. He still in the league?

hes on the Raptors still i think :lol:

i like him a lot, hes a nice player who gets overlooked at times.

Lithuania just matches up well against the U.S. They've played competitively against us as long as I can remember.
hes on the Raptors still i think :lol:
i like him a lot, hes a nice player who gets overlooked at times.
Kleiza was always underrated imo. I really liked him when he played for denver.

What's the hoopla?? Oh that's right a whole lot of nothing.
USA 4-0.. Croatia team *Easily* better than this Lithuania team?? That's an opinion but hey your entitled.
Fact of the matter is the competition of international basketball today > Ever..
Yet Coach K has lost 1 game since he's been in charge.. Hell of a resume..

Game Review
Lebron Took over..
Chris Paul is what you need in a Point guard..
Nothing else here.. Good effort Lithuania.. You made USA play.

Chris Paul should still drop some lbs and stop eating the puddings, crumpets, fools, and free McDonald's. Every time he gets a rebound, or someone else does and gives him the ball, they shoot up the court at 100mph and Paul just chugalugs down the court like "here I come, wait for it." But once he catches up with everybody else, it's great **** though

Last edited:
Chris Paul should still drop some lbs and stop eating the puddings, crumpets, fools, and free McDonald's. Every time he gets a rebound, or someone else does and gives him the ball, they shoot up the court at 100mph and Paul just chugalugs down the court like "here I come, wait for it." But once he catches up with everybody else, it's great **** though
LOL .. That Bread pudding though :smokin

No bull..Chris Paul does look like he got a lil chubbier. USA better stop fakin and put the hammer down. These dudes got too carried away blowing out Nigeria. Kobe in slow mo..Chandler on another planet. Bron, Melo, KD, are at least on point every other nite..but still busy checking out womens beach volleyball(me too though). Westbrook defends good as hell..but be on that gunnin mode like he playin in OKC rite now. Harden needs to get his blood sugar level up..he sleepy. Love is just "there". Ima be mad as hell if we get anything less than gold.:smh:

Back
Top Bottom