USA Today unveiling All Decade NFL team this month (FINAL page 7)

Next up, Offensive Tackle

ogdenx-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade offensive tackles
:

1. Jonathan Ogden, 47 (Seven first-place votes)
2. Walter Jones, 39 (Two first-place votes)
3. Orlando Pace, 31 (One first-place vote)
4. Flozell Adams, 9
5. Willie Roaf, 8

Others receiving votes: Willie Anderson, 7; Chris Samuels, 6; Levi Jones, 2; Tarik Glenn, 1.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-01-18-all-decade-o-tackles-jonathan-ogden_N.htm

Decade first team thus far:

OLB - Derrick Brooks
ILB - Ray Lewis
CB - Champ Bailey
S - Ed Reed
OT - Jonathen Ogden
K - Adam Vinatieri
P - Shane Lechler
HC - Bill Belichick

Originally Posted by CP1708

Seymore CAKE wrote:
To me the Peyton/Brady argument is like arguing Marino/Bradshaw.

Shouldn't really be a question as to who's better but people can always feel sometype of way or be able to make take an oposing stance because of the hardware

I see what you saying, but if we did a top all time QB discussion, it would be blown to smithereens.
laugh.gif

When I argue Brady v Manning, I use winning in the argument, but being a fan of who I am, I believe Marino to be the best to ever lace em up. And he ain't win @#$%.

I only refute the people that try to piss all over what Brady has done, and then turn around and hype Manning as some God. That gets old quick.

Exactly, I can respect that. I don't knock Brady, well I do when people try to deficate on Peyton while G'ing him up but thats to be expectedallthings considering. I respect what he's done and what he's capable of doing. While he's been blessed to be in a perfect situation with hiscoach, team, and the system they run all that would be for nothing if he didn't have the physical tools/intangibles that he does. He's gifted, verypoised and isn't easily rattled which allows him to do some very great things. While I hate him because of who he plays for and what they've meant toP, I have nothing but respect for him as a QB.

J Ogden was a beast for so many years, I do not miss seeing him on the line as a Steeler fan

Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady, but Brady along with Manning is one of the greatest qb's of all time. I hate the Pats but as a Jets fan I'veseen what Brady can do a lot and hes great. So those of you saying Brady sucks, need to watch his past games and just look at his precision and intelligence.Hes clutch in the playoffs. Manning is better but not by a lot. If you were to tell me Brady is better thenI'd understand why. Manning isnt spectacular inthe playoffs.

Here's the deal though, when it comes to the sport of baseball people want to put * next to players name that took steroids or who"we" believe took steroids. Although steroids is an added aid in helping a batter put up better numbers it is not a certainty like the batteractually knowing the next pitch that is coming to him. Now for some reason in the sport of football given the Patroits well-known cheating scandal with actualphysical evidence that concludes that this team from the coaching staff to the players were guilty as hell of cheating, from the regular season, to theplayoffs, even in their Super Bowl appearances folks just want to sweep that under the rug for some reason. Makes no sense to me, it was so bad as a matter offact that Roger Goodell had the tapes destroyed, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.

Football is about watching hours and hours and hours of tape, so what the hell does watching tape of a team practice really doanyways?
eyes.gif

You heard Simms say it in the SD/Jets broadcast, Rivers watched EVERY SINGLE 3rd down snap of the season for the Jets. Is that cheating? Watching a team dofriggin walk thru's isn't all that different. You act like NE won 3 super bowls from watchin practice.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Then they got pissed off and went one miracle play away from 19-0, WITHOUT practice tape. So please quit acting like every single play they ran for10 years was based off what they saw in a damn walk thru video.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Football is about watching hours and hours and hours of tape, so what the hell does watching tape of a team practice really do anyways?
eyes.gif

You heard Simms say it in the SD/Jets broadcast, Rivers watched EVERY SINGLE 3rd down snap of the season for the Jets. Is that cheating? Watching a team do friggin walk thru's isn't all that different. You act like NE won 3 super bowls from watchin practice.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
.........and to that I say again......................

" it was so bad as a matter of fact that Roger Goodell had the tapes destroyed, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know whatwill."

Then they got pissed off and went one miracle play away from 19-0, WITHOUT practice tape
Second place is first loser. As a Cubs fan I would think that you would know that by now.

so u saying watching and filming a team practice specific items sets & adjustments, that they just implemented to counter what you do wouldnt help you gaina distinct advantage?

and knowing a teams offensive signals & pre-snap audible hand signals doesnt give u an incredible advantage?

Aye madre de dios!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

so u saying watching and filming a team practice specific items sets & adjustments, that they just implemented to counter what you do wouldnt help you gain a distinct advantage?

and knowing a teams offensive signals & pre-snap audible hand signals doesnt give u an incredible advantage?

Aye madre de dios!

Can you get signals from tape during games? Don't Ray Lewis already know what all that crap Peyton says at the line of scrimmage mean?

And same thing, is any of that all that different then Rivers watching every single 3rd down play this year on one tape? Is it REALLY that different?

And there have been a whole bunch of former patriots and patriot coaches that left, and none of them complained, why? Because most teams did something similarcorrect? Only Mangini decided to go public about it and make it an issue. You guys tellin me that none of the other teams in the NFL do anything similar,only the Patriots were smart enough to figure out how to do it?
laugh.gif

ummm u do know the pats had camera men taping down and distance, then panning to the coaches and lifting their signals...
that is NOT simply watching game film

U realize that?

And same thing, is any of that all that different then Rivers watching every single 3rd down play this year on one tape? Is it REALLY that different?
roll.gif
Is that a serious question?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ummm u do know the pats had camera men taping down and distance, then panning to the coaches and lifting their signals...
that is NOT simply watching game film

U realize that?
laugh.gif
ok, that is pretty bad, but is it any different thenstanding on the sideline watching that? Isn't that why you have like 3 players/ coaches give signals to mix up or confuse you from stealing the signs? Sort of like baseball players stealing signs and all that.

Bottom line is, are those tapes and that nonsense the reason the Patriots won 3 super bowls in 4 years? The tapes are the reason? Cuz if not, then it's anon issue.

I'd say watching practice tapes of a team preparing to go up against a specific defense would be a huge advantage for the opposing team. Particularly inthe playoffs, when teams put in new wrinkles.

*shrugs*

I guess I don't see the difference in a sport where there are 15 printers and monitors and fax machines and whatever else so they can take 500 aerialphotos, slap em in a big huge binder and study them each and every single play. Every single team does that, the Patriots went a step further. Is it shady,yes, is it wrong, probably, did they win super bowls because of it, no. You still have to play the game.

What was Tom doing after a play, standing back there waiting for the teams to make their defensive signals, then getting the play from Bill, then calling theplay, then lining up for the presnap, all in 40 seconds?
laugh.gif
I mean,really. Maybe they found some way to work it into their scheme somehow, I don't know, but the bottom line is you still have to make the plays. The Bucsknew every play the Raiders were gonna run, they still had to go out there and beat em. The Dolphins were talkin big when we blanked the Pats 21-0 one yearsayin they heard all of Tom's calls from an HBO special or somethin, no one is clamoring for *'s on those games.

did they win super bowls because of it, no. You still have to play the game.

They don't get by Pitt without the spying, no way

at least I tell myself that so I can feel better about Cowher choking away AFC Championship after AFC Championship

Next up, Interior Offensive Lineman

fanecax-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade interior offensive linemen:

1. AlanFaneca, 44 (five first-place votes)
2. SteveHutchinson, 39 (three first-place votes)
3. Will Shields, 24 (one first-place vote)
4. Kevin Mawae, 14
5. Larry Allen, 9 (onefirst-place vote)

Others receiving votes: Olin Kreutz, 6; Jeff Saturday, 5; Matt Birk, 4; Brian Waters, 2; Mike Wahle, 2; Randy Thomas, 1.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-01-19-all-decade-interior-offensive-lineman_N.htm

Next up,

Defensive End

taylorx-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade defensive backs:

1. Jason Taylor, 44 (Five first-place votes)
2. Michael Strahan, 42 (Five first-place votes)
3. Richard Seymour, 26
4. Dwight Freeney, 14
T5. John Abraham, 10
T5. Julius Peppers, 10

Others receiving votes: Jared Allen, 2; Leonard Little, 2.

Defensive Tackle

sappx-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade defensive tackles:

1. Warren Sapp, 41 (five first-place votes)
2. Kevin Williams, 32 (two first-place votes)
3. La'Roi Glover, 17 (one first-place vote)
4. Jamal Williams, 15
5. Kris Jenkins, 14 (one first-place vote)

Others receiving votes: Albert Haynesworth, 10; Casey Hampton, 9; Bryant Young, 5 (one first-placevote); Hollis Thomas, 3;Pat Williams, 3; DarnellDockett, 1.

Steelers D line, so good but so underrated with this stuff. Not saying any should have been in top three but still. Nice to see Faneca get props, so many yearsseeing him pull around and block for Bus, deadly

Back
Top Bottom