USA Today unveiling All Decade NFL team this month (FINAL page 7)

3 Ravens
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Derrick Mason only receiving one vote.... just shows how underrated he really is

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I didn't find any info on USA Today's 90's vote but I did surprisingly find the 80's:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToda...97+Fulltext)&edition=&startpage=11.C&desc=NFL

Here's the HOF all decade team for 90's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_1990s_All-Decade_Team

Jerry Rice is just a genetic freak. How do u make 2 All decade teams
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Good stuff Ry,

I find it hard to believe Leroy Butler is the SS of choice over Ronnie Lott tho,

That RB list is laughable.

The WR list could use some work. IDK if I would take TO over Moss though. Those years with the Raiders probably hurt him in the votes.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I didn't find any info on USA Today's 90's vote but I did surprisingly find the 80's:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToda...97+Fulltext)&edition=&startpage=11.C&desc=NFL

Here's the HOF all decade team for 90's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_1990s_All-Decade_Team

Jerry Rice is just a genetic freak. How do u make 2 All decade teams
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Good stuff Ry,

I find it hard to believe Leroy Butler is the SS of choice over Ronnie Lott tho,
Leroy was THAT dude.
pimp.gif

LAST ONE................quarterback

bradyx-large.jpg

Voting in USA TODAY's balloting for All-Decade quarterbacks:

1. Tom Brady, 45 (six first-place votes)
2. Peyton Manning, 44 (four first-place votes)
3. Brett Favre, 26
4. Donovan McNabb, 14
5. Drew Brees, 8

Others receiving votes: Kurt Warner, 7; Ben Roethlisberger, 6.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/nfl-all-decade-2000s-index.htm

Final First Team:
DE - Jason Taylor
DT - Warren Sapp
OLB - Derrick Brooks
ILB - Ray Lewis
CB - Champ Bailey
S - Ed Reed
QB - Tom Brady
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson
WR - Terrell Owens
OT - Jonathan Ogden
IOL - Alan Faneca
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Adam Vinatieri
P - Shane Lechler
KR - Devin Hester
HC - Bill Belichick

I would've went with Manning at QB and Moss at WR, but I really don't have a problem with any of the selections.

What in the hell does Tom Brady do at the QB position that Peyton Manning doesn't? Before people say "LOL WIN SOOPER BULZ" remember that Peyton has won a Super Bowl more recently than Tom, is going to yet another this year, and won 4 MVPs... we won't even bring the stats up. 
laugh.gif

What a joke. Terry Bradshaw > Dan Marino, John Elway, Steve Young, etc...

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

That's the basic philosophy of this stance.  I bring that up in every arguement that I have in which people attempt to point to Brady's rings as a check mate to why he's better than Peyton.  Not to slight Tom, but thats pretty damn sad actually.

What in the hell does Tom Brady do at the QB position that Peyton Manning doesn't? Before people say "LOL WIN SOOPER BULZ" remember that Peyton has won a Super Bowl more recently than Tom, is going to yet another this year, and won 4 MVPs... we won't even bring the stats up. 
laugh.gif

It's still the same reasoning (not saying i technically agree with it). Playoff success.

Brady played in 4 SBs, won 3. He won 2 SB MVPs.
Manning struggled for the first half of the decade to advance. Before this season he still was 7-8 all time in playoffs with 22 TDs and 17 INTs. (Brady was 14-3 with 26 TDs and 12 INTs).

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it. But I see their reasoning to put one guy over the other.

Whenever it comes to arguments like these (Kobe vs. Lebron, Manning vs. Brady, etc) you aren't going to get consensus. Both players are beasts. In this voting Brady won 45-44. It was not a slam dunk.

4 time MVP wasn't selected? Hm...Tom is awesome and should've been 2, but I don't see how he gets the nod here

nice to see Ben get 6 points, nice job!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

That's the basic philosophy of this stance.  I bring that up in every arguement that I have in which people attempt to point to Brady's rings as a check mate to why he's better than Peyton.  Not to slight Tom, but thats pretty damn sad actually.

Another stat they like to use is "Brady owns Peyton" when recently...
[table][tr][td]Nov. 7, 2005[/td][td]Foxborough[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]40-21[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nov. 5, 2006[/td][td]Foxborough[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]27-20[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jan. 21, 2007[/td][td]Indianapolis[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]38-34[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nov. 4, 2007[/td][td]Indianapolis[/td][td]New England Patriots[/td][td]24-20[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nov. 2, 2008[/td][td]Indianapolis[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]18-15[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nov. 15, 2009[/td][td]Indianapolis[/td][td]Indianapolis Colts[/td][td]35-34[/td][/tr][/table]

*shrugs*

Owens over Moss is completely justified. Glad they got this right.

I hate Brady with a passion but that's accurate too. Props to them
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom