Usher - "Looking for Myself" 06/08/12

Don't care for the typical dance R&B, but my God.....will.i.am let loose on the 'Can't Stop Won't Stop' beat.
eek.gif

About to play the rest.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Don't care for the typical dance R&B, but my God.....will.i.am let loose on the 'Can't Stop Won't Stop' beat.
eek.gif

About to play the rest.

I hate Will i am as a artist and producer, but since you said that song was song I had to check it out anyway....

Spoiler [+]

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 if thats not the sickest beat he's ever done....wow

Originally Posted by StillIn729

no doubt this is his best album since Confessions
Dive is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im right there with you bro. This blows his last joint out the water. Lessons for the lover is on point!!

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Originally Posted by StillIn729

no doubt this is his best album since Confessions
Dive is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im right there with you bro. This blows his last joint out the water. Lessons for the lover is on point!!
yeah man when Rico Love and Usher get together...forget about it 
pimp.gif

usher dead to me. he dont make r and b music no more. he makes music that gets air play and bought by the youngins

i dont blame him tho whatever sells i guess...

came in here hoping you guys were talkin about this album

"climax" "I care For U" "dive""What Happened To You" & "Looking 4 Myself" "Sins Of My Father" are really nice to me.

but "Lessons for The Lover"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the lyrics, really special song

"Hot thing" is a banger too. A$AP did his thing

I am a huge Usher fan and upon first skim/listen....this is lackluster.  Seems hastily thrown together and that very little effort was put in on this.  CD has no flow or direction....just a bunch of random throwaway tracks packaged for sale. 

Highly dissappointed and I hope this grows on me during the Summer or something. 

Album is terrible and fits the title. He's clearly looking for himself, I had very low expectations and they were still too high.

Only songs I liked and will be keeping
Climax
Let Me See
Lessons for the Lover
Looking for Myself (song)
IFU
Say the Words

Anyone else think the song that 40 did sound like Drake wrote it? The lyrics and hook sound like something he would sing. 

Besides Climax and Lessons for the Lover every other track sounds like a variant and worse version of "OMG". Had no expectations coming in.. still managed to be a bit disappointed somehow

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Anyone else think the song that 40 did sound like Drake wrote it? The lyrics and hook sound like something he would sing. 

Im listening to it now & that's the first thing I thought of
laugh.gif

Good to see Usher doing more R&B on this CD than I expected. There are definitely some nice joints, but the bad songs are ridiculously terrible. He really has to move on from the pop music.

In conclusion, Usher is basically phoning in albums at this point and he put together an album that has ZERO cohesiveness. I'll be skipping this one too ...

havent been messin wit usher since confessions, that was a rnb classic imo

Some of the songs are good, but the rest sounds like when an alternative or indie band gets signed to a major label and the label forces them to put out a pop record.

Terrible way of seeing it I know
laugh.gif
, but thats what it sounds like to me.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Im listening to it now & that's the first thing I thought of
laugh.gif
Sound right out of the Drake handbook (miserable and got everything )
roll.gif

I think cohesiveness is done in this music climate unless your album is a period piece (a la Love Letter) or you're Neo-Soul

I like a bunch of sounds so as long as it's a good vocal and the lyrics aren't elementary
laugh.gif
I dont  mind too much.

Usher...he's a pop star...he's not ours no more. We gotta let him go.
laugh.gif

I said the same thing in the thread for Raymond vs. Raymond way back when...he ain't getting younger. Let him get this pop stuff out of his system and he'll make a return to his roots.

From the tracks I have heard not feeling this album, The track with Rick Ross is a banger but apart from that all just sounds Eletronic, its like they slowly fading his voice out more and more each album

Back
Top Bottom