Using the N word while singing along to songs Vol. I'm not black

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

Yeah I say it while I'm singing

most of my african american friends don't mind me saying it as long as I end it with an -a instead of an -er

XURRzofbMc0.gif

Originally Posted by So Slickening

The word's not part of my daily vocabulary, but I do it when I'm listening to music. I'm not gonna front, I don't have any reason to justify that other than if I'm rapping along to a song, I rap the song how it is. What're everyone's feelings about it? Black people, how would you feel if a White/Asian/Not-black dude was rapping along to something like Kanye and he recited the line, "Gossip, gossip, N_ just stop it, everybody knows I'm a +@$@++%%*@+%' monster..."?

nerd.gif
Psychological warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word's not part of my daily vocabulary, but I do it when I'm listening to music. I'm not gonna front, I don't have any reason to justify that other than if I'm rapping along to a song, I rap the song how it is. What're everyone's feelings about it? Black people, how would you feel if a White/Asian/Not-black dude was rapping along to something like Kanye and he recited the line, "Gossip, gossip, N_ just stop it, everybody knows I'm a +@$@++%%*@+%' monster..."?

nerd.gif

I say it when I'm rapping some song thats cool. None of my black friends care cause they're not goons looking for an excuse to start fights. If black people care so much about people not saying the N word how about leave it off your records, seeing that your primary customers are white?

I say it when I'm rapping some song thats cool. None of my black friends care cause they're not goons looking for an excuse to start fights. If black people care so much about people not saying the N word how about leave it off your records, seeing that your primary customers are white?

I cringe when I hear a non black person using it even when rapping, but im not gonna say anything unless its used against me.

i went to the i am music tour

white ppl was sayin "N" every time it was said in any song

i wasnt even mad tho

I cringe when I hear a non black person using it even when rapping, but im not gonna say anything unless its used against me.

i went to the i am music tour

white ppl was sayin "N" every time it was said in any song

i wasnt even mad tho

i sing along to a katie perry song and don't change one word, same goes for any hiphop track wit the N word on it, which is 90% of them....if the record companies felt it was ok to release to the public i don't see how i can be wrong by singing along...gimmie a break.

i sing along to a katie perry song and don't change one word, same goes for any hiphop track wit the N word on it, which is 90% of them....if the record companies felt it was ok to release to the public i don't see how i can be wrong by singing along...gimmie a break.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

nerd.gif
Not sure what you're getting at here, but are you saying I'm contradicting myself? If so, by "daily vocabulary," I meant... I don't use the word the with the frequency or purpose my black friends use it for, like in my conversational speech. Just when I rap along to songs... it kind of just belongs.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RavageBX[/color], I respect that. Everything's relative. I use it by default unless I feel there's a reason I shouldn't. Being around you would be a reason, knowing your preference, so I wouldn't.

halal cart23 wrote:
Originally Posted by 4wrestling

How about if no one said it?
thumbs up

Of course everyone would prefer that. But that's just not how life is. If it were, then I wouldn't have a reason to say it because it wouldn't be in the song.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

nerd.gif
Not sure what you're getting at here, but are you saying I'm contradicting myself? If so, by "daily vocabulary," I meant... I don't use the word the with the frequency or purpose my black friends use it for, like in my conversational speech. Just when I rap along to songs... it kind of just belongs.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RavageBX[/color], I respect that. Everything's relative. I use it by default unless I feel there's a reason I shouldn't. Being around you would be a reason, knowing your preference, so I wouldn't.

halal cart23 wrote:
Originally Posted by 4wrestling

How about if no one said it?
thumbs up

Of course everyone would prefer that. But that's just not how life is. If it were, then I wouldn't have a reason to say it because it wouldn't be in the song.

most of my african american friends don't mind me saying it as long as I end it with an -a instead of an -er
Same here. I would mind if I said it with an -er too. I guess I wouldn't say it around people I don't know are cool with it.
lol all this my friends had a discussion about it and they basically said
IF YOU THE HOMIE, WE STRAIGHT
laugh.gif

Same here. I would mind if I said it with an -er too. I guess I wouldn't say it around people I don't know are cool with it.
lol all this my friends had a discussion about it and they basically said
IF YOU THE HOMIE, WE STRAIGHT
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom