UW Husky Post....

you might get more help or insight in the college bball thread but

our current recruits: 6'7 wingman Desmond Simmons and 7ft Juco Aziz Nidiaye

The Terrences announce on the 26th (Ross I think) and 30th for Jones

check out the Scout forum too

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1081

We are still trying to nab the Jefferson duo, but we signed a 7 footer.  
We have alot coming back, but Q leaves some huge shoes to fill.

In Romar we trust.
Go Dawgs!

Tacit by nature, Terrence Jones, is taking his silence to a new level. Which has put several coaches and fans in limbo.

Jones, the versatile 6-foot-9 power forward from Jefferson High in Portland, Ore., will break his silence Friday afternoon (6:30 p.m. ET) when he announces his college choice.

The decision is late in the process for the prolific prospect, who played in the Jordan Brand Classic, Nike Hoops Summit and McDonald's All-American Game -- the trinity of senior all-star contests -- this spring.

Even Democrats coach Pat Strickland isn't quite sure where his All-America player, ranked No. 9 in the ESPNU 100, is headed.

"I don't even think Terrence knows where he's going yet," Strickland told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Jones' list of suitors includes: Kentucky, Kansas, Oregon, UCLA, Oklahoma and Washington.

If he opts for Kentucky or Kansas, Jones is thinking tradition and Final Four.

UCLA is in dire need of bodies, with coach Ben Howland hitting the trail hard following a rare losing season on the Westwood campus.

Washington is close to Portland and advanced to the Sweet 16 in March. Jones' aunt, Ava Mashia, played for the Huskies women's team.

Jones can stay in-state and play for the Oregon Ducks, who earlier this week hired Dana Altman and will move into a state-of-the-art arena.

Must be nice to have options.

"I spoke with mother and we're going to each other 'Do you know what Terrence is doing yet?'" Strickland said.

Jones, the two-time Oregon Class 5A Player of the Year, put the Demos (26-3) on his shoulders this season, leading them to the a third straight state championship, and averaging 32 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks.

The announcement will take place at Jefferson's gymnasium in North Portland. Jones will share the podium with three of his teammates -- 6-7 Stephen Madison (No. 100 small forward), 6-2 Antoine Hosely and 6-6 Terrence Ross (No. 30 in ESPNU 100). The players are expected to don caps of their college choice upon announcing.

Madison, a first team all-state wing, struck for 18.6 points per game after transferring for his final prep season from Prairie (Vancouver, Wash.). He'll sign with Idaho over Eastern Washington. "He's a shooter who can play the 2, 3 and 4," Strickland said.

Hosely, a combo guard, will choose between Cal-Bakersfield and Gardner Webb.

Ross, who transferred back to Jefferson (after spending a year-plus at Montrose Christian in Rockville, Md.) on Feb. 2, is an athletic wing who can shoot the long ball.

Strickland said Ross will choose amongst Kentucky, Oregon, Washington, Kansas and UCLA. "He really improved his ballhandling skills and defense while at Montrose Christian," he added.

Multiple sources have indicated Ross will sign with Washington.

Come On Romar take UW to that next level  
pimp.gif

the terrence's would be huuuuuge. we got ross in the bag as far as im concerned but who knows what jones wants. my heart is saying UW but ill believe it when i see it.

im excited to see aziz. our last JC big man was only a three star and he turned out okay...(garcia)

Back
Top Bottom