VEGETARIAN COOKING THREAD VOL. LET THAT BOY COOK

I'm not much of a cook but have been a vegetarian basically my whole life. I made a big quinoa salad that has lasted me about a week for lunch and tastes amazing.
Quinoa (cooked in 1 part water and 1 part vegetable broth), cucumbers, tomato, bell peppers, avocado, candied pecans, feta, corn, etc. I threw some sweeter tasting balsamic viniger on right after the quinoa was cooked then drizzle some more on the top each time I make a bowl.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a cook but have been a vegetarian basically my whole life. I made a big quinoa salad that has lasted me about a week for lunch and tastes amazing.
Quinoa (cooked in 1 part water and 1 part vegetable broth), cucumbers, tomato, bell peppers, avocado, candied pecans, feta, corn, etc. I threw some sweeter tasting balsamic viniger on right after the quinoa was cooked then drizzle some more on the top each time I make a bowl.
Damn that looks good.

Vegan peach basil pie

Vegan peach marinated baked tofu with rice

Vegan champurrado - a Mexican hot chocolate

Vegan roasted potatoes, eggplant, broccoli, and kale

Wow man really great stuff you've been making; appreciate the pictures. I gotta step my game up.

Was just thinking about trying to cook an Indian dish I've never made before.

Plan to try my hand at making Aloo Gobi this weekend.

img_02291.jpg

Last edited:
Wow man really great stuff you've been making; appreciate the pictures. I gotta step my game up.

Did you ever make that Aloo Gobi?

And where are you guys getting tempeh from? Whole foods?

Did you ever make that Aloo Gobi?

And where are you guys getting tempeh from? Whole foods?

I get tempeh from Whole Foods, Jewel, any store really. But I live in Chicago, so it may be easier to get in a city.

Thinking of taking a break from meat. Im crawling through this thread.

Thing is I want to watch my carbs also. I am trying to lose my gut. So now I am confused lol

Peanut putter, jelly, and banana tortillas

Lentil and pumpkin stew

Oatmeal coconut cookies

Homemade "bacon" tempeh BLT

Pasta with butternut squash sauce and vegetables

Quinoa chili

Homemade ramen - the broth is there, just covered up

Don't know what this is - my dad made it. Some kind of rice and bean mixture with veggie sausage. It was freaking delicious.

My thanksgiving meal - walnut lentil loaf, homemade cornbread stuffing, roasted Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, pumpkin biscuits, dried ramen salad, shiitake mushroom gravy, and cranberry sauce

Pumpkin pie

Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal

Fried potatoes and tofu sandwich. I was out of bread.

Pizza

Pasta with oven roasted tomatoes and "parmesan cheese" (cashews and nutritional yeast)

Roasted salt and vinegar chickpeas

Baked tempeh, roasted green beans, and rutabaga/daikon radish puree

Eggplant "parmesan"

Mushroom risotto with caramelized onions

Bump

Im not vegan, but have been eating more plant based. Slowly cutting out meats and dairy products

Might start making some of the dishes in this thread 

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom