VEGETARIAN COOKING THREAD VOL. LET THAT BOY COOK

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

What beans do you normally cook
nerd.gif

Ive been messing with lemon pepper and curry lately. Cayenne pepper as usual too. Lima beans are my favorite but I also like black eyed peas and chickpeas for soup.
Just made some Yellow Lentils (Split Peas) today. Came out good.

Onions, Carrots, Ginger, and I threw some Mushrooms in there that I needed to use. I like the mild flavor of the yellow lentils.

I actually made some lentils and rice two days ago. I added some sesame garlic tempah in there with it a little earlier which was pretty damn good. Used Curry, turmeric, chili pepper and some other things to season the lentils.

10p all those dishes look nice. Do you have a recipe for the bean tacos?

Made this tofu scramble a while ago, cant remember how tho

img0076600x450.jpg

I actually made some lentils and rice two days ago. I added some sesame garlic tempah in there with it a little earlier which was pretty damn good. Used Curry, turmeric, chili pepper and some other things to season the lentils.

10p all those dishes look nice. Do you have a recipe for the bean tacos?

Made this tofu scramble a while ago, cant remember how tho

img0076600x450.jpg

Baseballer, few questions. Can I get your Bean Burger and Vegan Cornbread recipies please? How do they compare to the "normal" versions. Especially the textures of the bean burgers.

Baseballer, few questions. Can I get your Bean Burger and Vegan Cornbread recipies please? How do they compare to the "normal" versions. Especially the textures of the bean burgers.

I just became vegan a few weeks ago, so none of these are my recipes, just found em online.  And anything that calls for canned beans, I always drain and rinse em first, or i use dry beans if i have any cooked in the freezer - too much sodium otherwise

Bean tacos - i didn't add any of the vegan cheese, didn't really want it
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=31725

Bean burger - i subbed a can of black beans for a can of refried, went light on the soy sauce, and just seasoned them the way i like them.  I'm not gonna say the bean burger feels just like a hamburger. i mean, obviously it's not gonna be as juicy, but it's not dry by any means.  If you don't cook it enough, it will be a little mushy in the middle (i've done that a couple times), but otherwise its pretty good and doesn't even really need any toppings in my opinion.
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=29406.0

Cornbread - this is probably better than most cornbread i've had except this one - but i bet if you add all that sugar and some kind of butter replacement to this vegan one, it would taste just the same.  The biggest difference in this one is that you use ground flaxseed instead of eggs.  when you prepare the flax, you'll see that it acts just like an egg would - i thought that was pretty cool
http://www.kosherblog.net..._ribbon_vegan_cornbread/

I just became vegan a few weeks ago, so none of these are my recipes, just found em online.  And anything that calls for canned beans, I always drain and rinse em first, or i use dry beans if i have any cooked in the freezer - too much sodium otherwise

Bean tacos - i didn't add any of the vegan cheese, didn't really want it
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=31725

Bean burger - i subbed a can of black beans for a can of refried, went light on the soy sauce, and just seasoned them the way i like them.  I'm not gonna say the bean burger feels just like a hamburger. i mean, obviously it's not gonna be as juicy, but it's not dry by any means.  If you don't cook it enough, it will be a little mushy in the middle (i've done that a couple times), but otherwise its pretty good and doesn't even really need any toppings in my opinion.
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=29406.0

Cornbread - this is probably better than most cornbread i've had except this one - but i bet if you add all that sugar and some kind of butter replacement to this vegan one, it would taste just the same.  The biggest difference in this one is that you use ground flaxseed instead of eggs.  when you prepare the flax, you'll see that it acts just like an egg would - i thought that was pretty cool
http://www.kosherblog.net..._ribbon_vegan_cornbread/

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i have no interest in becoming a vegetarian but i wouldn't mind eating less meat....

i could give up beef/pork but i'm keeping my chicken/turkey...

will be keeping an eye on this thread...

i have no interest in becoming a vegetarian but i wouldn't mind eating less meat....

will be keeping an eye on this thread...

Originally Posted by Gmills23

i been off the pork and rarely eat red meat (once a month)  i need to make the complete switch but its too pricey/time consuming.  if i could have someone prepare fresh plates daily i could def make the move.
couple of the vegan plates i had when i was fasting

17785864.jpg

i got this at some restuarant in san antonio.. tofu was dank..

63602863.jpg

almond milk>>>

Originally Posted by Gmills23

i been off the pork and rarely eat red meat (once a month)  i need to make the complete switch but its too pricey/time consuming.  if i could have someone prepare fresh plates daily i could def make the move.
couple of the vegan plates i had when i was fasting

17785864.jpg

i got this at some restuarant in san antonio.. tofu was dank..

63602863.jpg

almond milk>>>

Vegetarian lifestyle is pretty good. If I could get back in the groove of things, and found someone (female) that was on the same page, I wouldnt mind doing it again at all. I was raised vegetarian, so it wouldnt be something I'm not used to.

Vegetarian lifestyle is pretty good. If I could get back in the groove of things, and found someone (female) that was on the same page, I wouldnt mind doing it again at all. I was raised vegetarian, so it wouldnt be something I'm not used to.

here's a filling side, that you can keep in your fridge throughout the week:

6609_771504257153_3232000_44160077_2964569_n.jpg

creamy, cheesy garlic mashed potatoes/cauliflower w/ chard + sauteed red onions.

BTW, if i were to be vegetarian, id stay with those MorningStar brand foods, Trader Joe's alternatives & massive amounts of tofu.

here's a filling side, that you can keep in your fridge throughout the week:

6609_771504257153_3232000_44160077_2964569_n.jpg

creamy, cheesy garlic mashed potatoes/cauliflower w/ chard + sauteed red onions.

BTW, if i were to be vegetarian, id stay with those MorningStar brand foods, Trader Joe's alternatives & massive amounts of tofu.

some soup - i made this like the recipe said, but it was a little too bland.  i would suggest adding some more spices and some more beans. thats what im gonna do next time

some soup - i made this like the recipe said, but it was a little too bland.  i would suggest adding some more spices and some more beans. thats what im gonna do next time

Posting for later reference... How beneficial are mushrooms to your health/weight gains? I eat them all the time but never really knew if they did anything.

Posting for later reference... How beneficial are mushrooms to your health/weight gains? I eat them all the time but never really knew if they did anything.

Back
Top Bottom