Venom and Sinister six get their own standalone movies. 2016 & 2018

For over a decade, the Spider-Man franchise has been one of Sony Pictures’ biggest and most lucrative brands. Sam Raimi’s fan-favorite trilogy, which kicked-off in 2002 with Spider-Man, ultimately scored nearly $2.5 billion in global box office totals by the time that Spider-Man 3 left theaters in 2007. Following disagreements between Raimi and the studio, director Marc Webb was tasked with rebooting the series with an “untold” version of the web-slinger’s story – which, when it debuted in 2012, added another $750 million to the franchise haul.

Sony will get another significant shot of Spider-Man money when The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters on May 2nd, 2014 and two further sequels are already slotted for release in 2016 and 2018 respectively. Yet, rumors have circulated for weeks that the 2018 entry might not be a Spider-Man movie after all – and could, instead, focus on Peter Parker’s iconic anti-hero, Venom instead. While we cannot be sure that the 2018 Spider-Man franchise film won’t actually turn out to be The Amazing Spider-Man 4, we now know, through an official Sony press release, that the studio is preparing standalone movies for Venom as well as the Sinister Six super villain team.

http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-amazing-spider-man-sinister-six-sony/

Venom standalone sounds like a god tier movie

Sinister six is just even more :pimp:

I was just reading this. IDK if the Spiderman universe is big enough for what they plan. At least in the other universes there were other characters to focus the other movies on.  Idk about a franchise worth of Spiderman movies. Sony need to either partner with Fox or try and acquire the rights, either way, they need more characters.

I was just reading this. IDK if the Spiderman universe is big enough for what they plan. At least in the other universes there were other characters to focus the other movies on.  Idk about a franchise worth of Spiderman movies. Sony need to either partner with Fox or try and acquire the rights, either way, they need more characters.

I don't know, I think it will work. Since it's a Venom standalone, it' has got to be a origins story. Which I could only assume would be the 2016 release date. Amazing Spiderman 2 is setting up the sinister 6 on it's own by introducing Electro. So in my opinion, they don't need more characters, the standalone a wil expand the universe in a more original way. :pimp:

R-rated ala Blade. i.e. with that much gore.

Don't be afraid to make this one for mature audiences.

No corniness for the family crowd.

I know this is a lot to ask for from for a comic book movie... :frown:

Cameo from Stan Lee getting murked. :wow: :lol:

Last edited:
R-Rated superhero movie sounds dope^ I hope it gets a dark feel. Not a comic book reader but, yea.

I don't know, I think it will work. Since it's a Venom standalone, it' has got to be a origins story. Which I could only assume would be the 2016 release date. Amazing Spiderman 2 is setting up the sinister 6 on it's own by introducing Electro. So in my opinion, they don't need more characters, the standalone a wil expand the universe in a more original way. :pimp:

Now...three or four movies following his villains...that will be interesting....

I think this is great news for Spider-Man fans to have Sony invest in the Spider-Man universe. The Eddie Brock short film that came out earlier this year was really good too.

Actors who could play venom:

Dave Franco
Alexander Ludwig
Tyler Hoechlin
Saw Witwer
Tom Hardy

Doctor Octopus:

Phillip Seymore Hoffman

Vulture:

Ben Kingsley
John Malchovic (sp?)

Kraven the Hunter:

Dave Bautista
Gerald Butler

Last edited:
The amount of comic book movies that have come out in the past decade has been incredible.

This has potential. I always wanted to see how a villains focused movie would be like.

This does make me think they don't have any rights to other characters that have debuted in Spidey comics. So I guess they'll eventually scrape that barrel and come through with the Prowler, Rocket Racer, and Puma cameos.

Back
Top Bottom