Verizon FiOS Service

Ive had fios internet since august, I like it a lot. It's good if you download a lot...

Ive had the tv service since November, its kinda enhh.. they do have the best HD picture quality but only offer like 30 HD channels at the moment

I've had comcast since 2002...its good enough for me... and most of the downloading speeds you get depend on the site too...

Originally Posted by Ghost703

Ive had fios internet since august, I like it a lot. It's good if you download a lot...

Ive had the tv service since November, its kinda enhh.. they do have the best HD picture quality but only offer like 30 HD channels at the moment
ur sig says d.c. md va. I'm just curious how do you have Fios I cant get it in Montgomery county and my boy who lives in D.C. can't get iteither

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Jacob and all,

Thanks to my comcast bill being entirely wrong, I got a great chance to talk to a guy over there - pause, and what he told me when I mentioned switching to Fios is interesting to say the least. For some reason not many people in the mainstream have heard about it. Well basically its something along the lines of comcast having an infrastructure in place to do crazy speeds, while verizon will need to completely update it.

He said 160 MEGABYTES/S......yes per second. Blue ray movies D/l'd in 25 secs I think he said.

I googled this for the first time since he mentioned it, and there a very recent article. Below is the only interesting stuff:

"The Comcast service will offer up to 50Mb/s download speeds and 5Mb/s upload for no price increase. Comcast said it will provide up to 100Mb/s within two years and 160Mb/s in the future. Currently, Comcast's fastest download speed is 16Mb/s."

http://broadcastengineering.com/news/comcast_change_manages_internet_0407/
Thanks for that article.
Can't wait for this:
Comcast said expects to offer the service in 20 percent of its markets by the end of the year and to all of the country by 2010.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom