Verizon To Kill Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans!! -___-

wonder how long before at and t kill their grandfather unlimited
frown.gif

You get 2-4 GB a month depending on your phone. I doubt most of you dudes even use that much unless youre tethering so it doesnt even matter

The question is, I got the first 4G phone, the Thunderbolt. So am I good? BC I'm not coming unlimited from 3 to 4G, I'm already there.

See now Im stuck. I have a DX and ive been holding on to it for years to settle for a new 4g phone. I swore I was going to get the Nexus but the camera and battery life turned me off. With that said what do you guys recommend?

a. Get the Nexus now and keep the grandfathered unlimited plan
b. Wait for the S3 or any other new phone coming out this summer and lose my unlimited plan?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I got a 5 gig grandfathered cap on t-mobile...

Verizon is lookin like trolls.
laugh.gif
Me too
laugh.gif
I don't even care about the whole throttle nonsense since I don't go over that anyway
Verizon and AT&T be milkin yall. 

– Customers will not be automatically moved to new shared data plans. If a 3G or 4G smartphone customer is on an unlimited plan now and they do not want to change their plan, they will not have to do so.
– When we introduce our new shared data plans, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to customers when purchasing handsets at discounted pricing.
– Customers who purchase phones at full retail price and are on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan.
– The same pricing and policies will be applied to all 3G and 4GLTE smartphones.
buy the phone on Ebay and you keep your unlimited data

Originally Posted by solesavage

See now Im stuck. I have a DX and ive been holding on to it for years to settle for a new 4g phone. I swore I was going to get the Nexus but the camera and battery life turned me off. With that said what do you guys recommend?

a. Get the Nexus now and keep the grandfathered unlimited plan
b. Wait for the S3 or any other new phone coming out this summer and lose my unlimited plan?
Get that Nexus, man.

You can always get the S3 later. That unlimited data is only around for a limited time though.

So to dudes bragging about being on Tmobile and Sprint, how do you guys feel about their financial situation?

So we're going to have to buy a limited data plan for our monthly usage of how much data we're using  e.g. using the internet and calls?

Originally Posted by sole vintage

– Customers will not be automatically moved to new shared data plans. If a 3G or 4G smartphone customer is on an unlimited plan now and they do not want to change their plan, they will not have to do so.
– When we introduce our new shared data plans, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to customers when purchasing handsets at discounted pricing.
– Customers who purchase phones at full retail price and are on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan.
– The same pricing and policies will be applied to all 3G and 4GLTE smartphones.
buy the phone on Ebay and you keep your unlimited data
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

So to dudes bragging about being on Tmobile and Sprint, how do you guys feel about their financial situation?

What do I care? I don't have stock in sprint. I get 4g where I live and have unlimited for the dirt. If they fail they fail. Big deal I switch providers. Dude's put way too much pride in stuff that doesn't matter. Why on earth would I have the slightest care what the next dude uses?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

What do I care? I don't have stock in sprint. I get 4g where I live and have unlimited for the dirt. If they fail they fail. Big deal I switch providers. Dude's put way too much pride in stuff that doesn't matter. Why on earth would I have the slightest care what the next dude uses?
laugh.gif
I`m referring to dudes bragging about being on a provider talking about others getting molested or whatever. If that didn't apply to you, no need for a response.

t-mobile got broken off some heavy coin and spectrum for not merging with at&t.....they'll be fine.
pimp.gif

t-mobile got broken off some heavy coin and spectrum for not merging with at&t.....they'll be fine.
pimp.gif
been getting 3g since december outchea....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but on the real... these major players in the cell phone industry are pushing and pushing... 

do yall think something is going to happen eventually?

Originally Posted by ricky409

pimp.gif
been getting 3g since december outchea....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but on the real... these major players in the cell phone industry are pushing and pushing... 

do yall think something is going to happen eventually?
maybe another big split up, like how the old Bell companies split and became the wireless companies we know today. 

Makes it that much easier to let my plan go after about 6 years with them. Contract expires in May. Peace.

T-Mobile service in NYC >
I use both Verizon(4S) and T-Mobile(S2) and i'll tell ya, I get better service with TMO...Verizon maybe more in basements but get a lot of dead zones when it comes to data.  

Sprint is horrible.  

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Makes it that much easier to let my plan go after about 6 years with them. Contract expires in May. Peace.

Are you going prepaid?

Honestly, yeah... Probably. And it will probably be a "dumbphone" too.

Originally Posted by IronChef

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Prepaid FTW. Sooner or later, people will realize how much they're getting ripped off for with these 2 year contracts that rope you into paying ridiculous monthly fees. Using a phone and the mobile web shouldn't cost almost $100 a month.

What's the best pre-paid route to take? I'd like to have unlimited data, dont really care about minutes. Any pre paid plans I can use with an unlocked jb Iphone?

Straight Talk is your friend with an iPhone. You buy a SIM for $15 and the unlimited everything plan is $45 per month. That said, the data truly isn't unlimited but folks say up to 2 gigs/month and you should have no worries. But if you're like me, you're hooked up via WiFi all day so data isn't even an issue. And yes, you simply bring your AT&T or Tmobile device, pop the corresponding SIM in and you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom