Vernon davis in 09?

explosion.jpg
explosion.jpg

explosion.jpg
explosion.jpg

People dont know Rayes offense involves using the TE more than Martz did last year. Ive probably only seen 1 clearcut dropped pass this year if anything onthrown passes to him

Originally Posted by Troponin C

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Even if he doesn't break out this year. He is one of the best Blocking Tight End's in the league.

So you draft a guy 6th overall to be a great blocking TE? I guess at the end of the day you look for something.....ANYTHING, that makes you feel good about this bust..
laugh.gif
there's nothing wrong with VD being the best blocking TE in the L, we have a monster at RB and a decent O-line, a monster blocker at te won't hurt one bit.

If VD helps us win FB games playing Special teams then i'd still be all for it because unlike you i don't care about the draft(word to cash tree
mad.gif
), rather i care only about my team's success.
laugh.gif

Yeah it's not like Davis is making $23 million to block or anything. But as long as he's helping the team win.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Even if he doesn't break out this year. He is one of the best Blocking Tight End's in the league.

So you draft a guy 6th overall to be a great blocking TE? I guess at the end of the day you look for something.....ANYTHING, that makes you feel good about this bust..
laugh.gif
there's nothing wrong with VD being the best blocking TE in the L, we have a monster at RB and a decent O-line, a monster blocker at te won't hurt one bit.

If VD helps us win FB games playing Special teams then i'd still be all for it because unlike you i don't care about the draft(word to cash tree
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah it's not like Davis is making $23 million to block or anything. But as long as he's helping the team win.
Offensive lineman get paid a lot more than that to block. Plus he's been doing a whole lot more than blocking this year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

laugh.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif

Offensive lineman get paid a lot more than that to block. Plus he's been doing a whole lot more than blocking this year
pimp.gif
That's your rationale? Wow.

He's been good so far this year
pimp.gif
. Looks like he's really turning the corner now. But....it's still early october

Dude is a reliable TE, and w/his talent he can beat defenders. He sure has been givin' great fantasy points. Most of all, w/Singletary coachin' disteam, he's gettin his act together!!!

Yup yup. He's got the talent. He's got the coaching and has the right state of mind. Dude's beastin.

He sucks...plain and simple. Don't even start to blame the QB's, cause Erik Johnson a few years back put up ridiculous #'s w. Dorsey, Rattay, and Pickett throwing him the rock....
EAGLE 0N wrote:

this post comes up every +@%%#++ year
laugh.gif

VD will never live up to his potential. Although I do think he'll have a decent (not breakout) season this year
eyes.gif

grin.gif

63 Receptions/781Yards/AVG 12.4/10 TDs

Had 118 yards yesterday and a touchdown.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Pro Bowl

Exactly, I tried to tell dudes that Vernon Davis is good and that this would be his breakout year. Now those same dudes have nothing to say now.

laugh.gif
@ this getting bumped
pimp.gif

honestly but this is what we expect from vernon...dont get me wrong hes beasting for sure and he is a probowler but he should exceed those expectations andmore...i expect a lot from him with the talent and speed he possesses and singletary has really changed his attitude

*checks who the OP is*...oh nevermind he aint a niner fan pffft...fool didnt even know who we played in week 12 when he made a game thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Pro Bowl

Exactly, I tried to tell dudes that Vernon Davis is good and that this would be his breakout year. Now those same dudes have nothing to say now.

Dudes just love to hate..They would call Davis a bust just by looking at his numbers yet wouldn't take a look at all the factors involved as to why hisnumbers were low. This is his first season under an OC who actually utilizes TEs in the pass game and look at the strides he's made.

Peep the sig. Haven't changed that line since he was a rookie. It's about time we've seen some nice production from him. Prolly the new attitudeand captain role. Jimmy Raye's offense is supposed to benefit tight ends too I guess.

I have been picking this guy up every year in my fantasy

The one year I don't take him he beasts out lol

Back
Top Bottom