Video Game PS3 or 360?

Ok, i have been an avid gamer since i was a little guy. Now all of a sudden i want to buy a gaming system. I haven't played games since like 09, now at 20 and in college i need help, 360 or ps3? Which one has better games? I'd also love to play online, does that cost? Also what are some good games? Sorry I have little knowledge of either, as I've been out the game since 09.

Last edited:
Yay this thread again. Do you want free online or not? Do you want a really racist online experience, or only somewhat racist? Do you want a wider variety of games, or not? Shooters or RPGs and Adventure? Blu ray or not?

INB4 'get both.'

bro get the cheapest one that is more convenient to you, doesn't matter which one, don't even think about it

Blu-ray, Media streaming, Free Online = PS3
Better graphics, Significantly better online = Xbox

What was the last system you played? Are you more comfortable with one ecosystem (controller, UI, etc) versus another?

At this point just wait till the next gen systems.
When is the next systems coming out?
Blu-ray, Media streaming, Free Online = PS3
Better graphics, Significantly better online = Xbox
What was the last system you played? Are you more comfortable with one ecosystem (controller, UI, etc) versus another?
Damn, the last serious system i had was the PSP
Scoop a Wii for $60, chicks dig the Wii
http://toys.dailysteals.com/
I don't mess with the Wii

Quality > quantity.

are sports titles still being developed for the 360 and ported over to the ps3 for release? if so, you're statement pretty much holds no weight. but getting back to the topic, OP it really depends on your preference. i personally enjoy the online experience and controller setup on the 360 for sports/shooters more but also have a ps3 for sony exclusive titles like uncharted. if you can afford to pick up both systems used i'd go that route.

next gen systems probably won't be out until next holiday season at the earliest so i'd look to pick up a cheap used system to tie me over until then. can't really go wrong with either one at this point.

Ok, i have been an avid gamer since i was a little guy. Now all of a sudden i want to buy a gaming system. I haven't played games since like 09, now at 20 and in college i need help, 360 or ps3? Which one has better games? I'd also love to play online, does that cost? Also what are some good games? Sorry I have little knowledge of either, as I've been out the game since 09.
I'm in a similar boat as you.

Do yourself a favor and watch all these HIGHLY INFORMATIVE videos.

These videos go over almost every aspect of both consoles.

There's no way you can't be able to make a decision after watching these videos.

Me personally, I'm just going to buy them both systems used and buy a squaretrade warranty so if something happens, I can get all my money back.

Last edited:
-360 online is LIGHTYEARS ahead of PSN.
-PSN does have Playstation plus which is dope....you get free games and stuff...other NTers say its worth it
-PS3 exclusives (MLB the show, GT5, Last of Us)...take that into consideration...i'm a huge Gran turismo fan and MLB the show is really the only MLB game you should be playing, but you might be a Forza fan or Gears of war fan (man i miss that game) ...and of course....HALO, highly anticipated game of this year
-Both systems do break :smh: (both my 360 and PS3 have died on me)

i find myself playing ps3 more now a days.. but thats just because i bought nba2k for the ps3 to play with friends.

.. but XBOX is much better imo :smokin

When It comes to cross-platform titles, I usually roll with the 360...Much faster than PS3 during the mandatory/required installation process (it took an hour for Resistance 3 to install :x)

Last edited:
Go with whatever your friends have.

I'm a PS3 guy...and I love the exclusives (think that ps3 has had the best exclusives this generation)...but sometimes I wish I was an Xbox guy, simply because more people have a 360 than a ps3.

No matter how good a system is, it doesn't really matter if you can't connect with your friends online.

-360 online is LIGHTYEARS ahead of PSN.

This!!!!!

But like someone said already, at this point in their life cycle.. it doesnt really matter. Next gen consoles will most likely come out 4th QTR of next yr.. Most, if not all, people are banking on it.

Just get whatever your friends are playing or the cheapiest...

Exclusives dont matter at this point either since this current generation is almost at its last stops.. Only thing to note is that Halo 4 is releasing for xbox in a month, which will def be poppin on XB. Only PS3 exclusive in the works that catches my eye is The Last of Us but i dont know if they have a RD set for it. only PS3 exclusive worth mentioning at the moment imo.

Last edited:
man if you waited this long you might as well wait for next gen systems but if you really want one now then all I have to say is the ONLY edge the 360 has over PS3 is better online and a better controller and yes I have PS3

i have both slim systems.. i like the 360 more, online is a lot better, and the updates for the ps3 are horrible... when i first got netflix, ps3 took the longest out of the wii and 360 to get started... controller seems too small for me... blu ray? yeah its good, but now i usually just stream everything, i dont know what was the last movie i bought... GT5? played it for about a month, forza could hold me down... i have lots of friends that own a ps3 but i just cant seem to even buy cod to play with them, i would rather play it on the 360..

Back
Top Bottom