Video Game PS3 or 360?

360 is where its at who cares if we have to pay 60 a month for a 12month subscription. XboxLive > PSN

and this could just be my opinion, i like how th xbox controller fits in my hand compared to the PS3

Last edited:
I have both right now but I prefer the 360 because I have more friends who play on Xbox live rather than the PSN along with the cross game chat. What's holding me down on the PS3 these days is MLB The Show & Uncharted.

you will find out soon grasshopper

I know what the red ring is you silly goose!

I have an original XBOX from before they even had HDMI ports...never had the red ring. I am about to get a slim soon because this thing is maaaaad loud...sounds like a car.

mad loud, like a generator. I have both and my launch date xbox has red ringed like 3 times and I STILL prefer it over the ps3
the controller is more comfortable and I like just like the overall setup
Will be getting Last of Us though..

I know what the red ring is you silly goose!

I have an original XBOX from before they even had HDMI ports...never had the red ring. I am about to get a slim soon because this thing is maaaaad loud...sounds like a car.

i know you did...

my og xbox red ringed maybe 6-8 months ago(never got it fixed)... i packed it up ,moved & forgot i had it still...plugged it in last weekend & it works perfect :pimp:..... gonna pay $30 & get it modded so i can have all the crack

Last edited:
I had both up until last week. I only used my PS3 to stream movies because it seem to handle the process much better than 360. It began collecting dust over a while so I sold it. I may revert back when the next iteration of the PlayStation drops. Currently my 360 does what I need to do from gameplay to the online experience.

PS3 by far

360 broke way to many times. had to keep sending it back like 3 times

@op don't take the controllers into that much consideration since there are companies that make xbox like or ps3 like controllers that work on the each system.

There's even products that allow you to use a ps3 controller as an xbox controller or vice versa.

Here's an example of an xbox like ps3 controller.

Last edited:
shelf life is ten years.... we wont see anything for the 720 or ps4 until 2014 the earliest

get a ps3 and call it a day... good games, nice blu ray, free online,..

Last edited:
Ok, i have been an avid gamer since i was a little guy. Now all of a sudden i want to buy a gaming system. I haven't played games since like 09, now at 20 and in college i need help, 360 or ps3? Which one has better games? I'd also love to play online, does that cost? Also what are some good games? Sorry I have little knowledge of either, as I've been out the game since 09.

I think most of us can agree without bias that the ps3 has better exclusive titles. However xbox live far outclasses psn. People complain about racists, then mute them. Nobody really cooperates anyway. If you're into shooters , then go with the 360.

also xbox live us 10 bucks/month

It's actually $60 for a year, but if you check slickdeals and other coupon sites there is always deals popping up for them in the $30 range... which comes out to like $2 and change a month. Before they raised the price to $60 there was a deal for $10 for 12 months from Sears, and I stocked up on like 5 different 12 months, but everytime I went to Sears to pick them up they wouldn't be able to give me all 5 at once so they kept giving me like 2 or 3 at a time until I was confronted by this manager I think, but by that time I had like 11 or 12 different 12 month cards :lol: I gave some to my girls little brother, which he traded for other stupid **** with friends :smh:, and then I used the rest so I have Xbox like unitl like 2020 I think :lol: so I pretty much am commited to buy the next Xbox because then all those years of Live will go to waste... M$ got me :smh:

ps3, search ring of death and 360

What's the ring of death?

PS3 by far

360 broke way to many times. had to keep sending it back like 3 times

Playstation has similar problems too if I recall some members on here getting the Playstation version called the YLOD. I've had problems with all the Sony video consoles I've bought throughout the years from the "disc read error' PS2 to having issues with the PSP only after using it for like 6 times :smh: Not saying that the Xbox doesn't have problems, but I've had mine since I think 2 years Christmas after it launched. Damn these consoles lasted the longest out of any generation before it's going to be almost 10 years.

PS3 has a 98% effective rate though, so the people who got a YLOD has to be some of the unluckiest dudes alive.

I've got both, I use my ps3 for everything but gaming, I'll occasionally throw in a game I want to get back into only to sit through a 1 hour mandatory update/install (GT5, I'm looking at you) I've got way more friends that use XBL for online gaming so that's my go to for anything I'm going to play with others.

I'd still get both if I did it all over again, in fact I'm thinking of getting a new xbox just to get a quieter one and toss an SSD into my ps3.

Why the hell do you want to pay just to play online with bunch of kids?

If Xbox offer free online i would have buy an xbox but PS3 really is a no brainer here.

Free online, good game, blue ray

I had both at one point, ended up selling my ps3. Had it on CFW with about 15 games on the hdd along with a bunch of old nes/snes/genesis roms.

Both are solid im an xbox guy all the way. Yes the ps3 has a blu-ray drive but honestly media on cd/dvd is going to be phased out and streaming is going to be the main source like when VHS tapes/cassettes were replaced by dvd/cd. So you really cant go wrong with either. price wise though you can get an xbox cheaper pretty much anywhere. So there's that.

Last edited:
I had both. Sold the Xbox cause I was tired of paying for online when I don't play a lot online. Plus ps3 has blu ray :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom