*VIDEO* - Nas & Kelis Interview On CNN Speakin On Nas's New Album @ The Grammys! LMFAO

It was a classic track to me...as close to a perfect song as you can get in Hip-Hop IMO.

Why you ask that?

Imagine everybody flashin, fashion
Designer clothes, lacing your click up with diamond vogues

Political prisoner set free, stress free
No work release purple M3's and jet skis

After reading what you wrote, I honestly thought you were going to say something like "All he is concerned about is materialistic bull****"

"If I ruled the world, and everything in it/It would not be a twenty-year-old's d*** trip, laced with with misogynist *******t"

Nah not at all.

Coming up Nas was one of my biggest influences. His Bday is 09/14/73...mine is 09/09/83. His name is Nasir....mine is Kerron. Alot of his more biographicalsongs...sound like hes penning my life story.

I used to get into fights as a yungin cause cats were talking wreckless about him in school.

But the fact of the matter is son fell way the F off.....when was the last time he made a song with the impact and lyricism of "IIRTW"?

He is by far the most inconsistent great MC in Hip-Hop history.

Stillmatic and Gods Son were classic albums....potent music. But that was over half a decade ago.

If he drops another HHID or SD...he becomes irrelevant. The new Rakim.

3. What's to be embarrassed about? Nas wore a word on his shirt that has come to mean a number of things and is left up to interpretation.
Yes and no. The N' with a GER is a tad bit different than the N' with a GA which we've all come to embrace. From my initialreaction, he's using N' with a GER to stir up the pot. If he had N' with a GA on his shirt I don't think I'd have held my breath and feltas embarassed the first time I saw the shirt. It's like he's throwing it back in white peoples faces as if that's going to create a 180 degreeturn in people's thinking. That ain't doin' %@## but perpetuating controversy.

EZ.....to me thats a cop out and wild selfish.

Son ain't rebelling, he's conforming.

This is easy money for Bill O'Reily and the millions of other closet racists out there. This is exactly what they want....a Hip-Hop album named _ger that will be around for them to smirk about forever.

If he was some type of revolutionary intellectual dude, that could create a masterpiece of social commentary like Pac or Huey Newton or someone...i'd be all for it.

But Nas only has an impact in his own head at this point. Kanye has 1000 more ability to articulate and create impact than this cat.

Right now Nasir is just a hermit, who goes into his cave, gets smoked out, has a bunch of wild thoughts and comes out shooting in every direction. Causing more confusion than anything else.
Nah I feel you on some of that in a sense (the part bolded def seems to be true lol, but thats who Nas has been, its not like thats some newrevelation)... but most of it is just from what point of view one is looking at it from...I definitely wouldnt say he's 'conforming' tho, thats adiscredit. If anything, thats NOT what "they" want, if anything they would rather have Nas go back to rapping about the "Poison"so-to-speak, 'Shoot Em Up' type of songs that would continue to bracket us from this generation into a position where they can label us as they seefit. I mean, if the album was called 'N*gger' and then it had 'The Imfamous' type content
laugh.gif
, then that would be on some 'playing right into they hands, showingignorance', but from the numerous articles on the content of the album, thats not the case.

And at the end of day, I do respect what Nas is doing much more than these rappers who do have all these different views on various social issues who are sooutspoken out the booth, but p*ssy in the booth, just sticking to the same formula.

The mistake Nas did was let out the title of the album long before any music was put out. Now everybody has formed all these opinions on the album that willmore than likely affect how they go into actually hearing the music. I always listen to music with an open ear, but thats not the case with most...

If he was some type of revolutionary intellectual dude, that could create a masterpiece of social commentary like Pac or Huey Newton or someone...i'd be all for it.
basura...he caused all of the ruckus and bad sentiment...to talk about "Grindin, Hittin Brazilian Dimes From Behind..."
Nah...first, Ima say that if Pac has a 'masterpiece of social commentary', then Nas definitely does as well. Its not like its someoff-base comment, but real talk, if there is any top mainstream rapper thats on Pac's level in terms of social commentary, its Nas...

As far as the second quote, lol, why the hell you pick that line out of the whole song? You almost on the same tip Bill O'Rielly was on tryna paintnegative pic on the song, he was spittin real **#* on that song doe...

he was spittin real **#* on that song doe...

^word! it's lyrically better than IIRTW

If he drops another HHID or SD...he becomes irrelevant. The new Rakim.

^ as far as the music goes, SD/HHID > I Am... Nastradamus

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

The mistake Nas did was let out the title of the album long before any music was put out. Now everybody has formed all these opinions on the album that will more than likely affect how they go into actually hearing the music. I always listen to music with an open ear, but thats not the case with most...

basura...he caused all of the ruckus and bad sentiment...to talk about "Grindin, Hittin Brazilian Dimes From Behind..."
Nah...first, Ima say that if Pac has a 'masterpiece of social commentary', then Nas definitely does as well. Its not like its some off-base comment, but real talk, if there is any top mainstream rapper thats on Pac's level in terms of social commentary, its Nas...

As far as the second quote, lol, why the hell you pick that line out of the whole song? You almost on the same tip Bill O'Rielly was on tryna paint negative pic on the song, he was spittin real **#* on that song doe...

I agree with that first part 100%. Im still keepin the door open somewhat...but son has to come all the way correct to justify that title. There arefreedom fighters who are still alive that had their existence tormented through the use of that word. It ain't really something to throw around lightly ona mainstream global level like that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ calling me O'Reilly....I picked that part out, cuz to me it kind ofsummarize my whole outlook on HHID. To me he said alot of nothing on that album. OK HHID and.....? You would think that with a title like that, he would reallygo in on the subject matter and deliver something as equally conversation worthy as the album name...but he didn't. Its a forgettable album in my eyes andI hope he isn't going in the same direction with this one.

Back
Top Bottom