Vince Still Got It

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by arff23

^Vince has been healthy since he played for the Nets..It was just those few seasons...
My comment has nothing to do with health and more about the lack of heart/ fire he has. When Vince came in the league he was hands down the most gifted talented player in the league, even more so than Kobe. Unlike Kobe, who had the desire to become the best in the league and pushed himself to reach such heights, Vince didn't push himself at all. VC is nothing more than an ill dunker who never reached the level he should have.
I'm going to have to assume you didn't watch Vince during the last 4 years or so in NJ. He brought it for us every night and won us quitea few ballgames by himself. He has a bad rap from the Toronto days and his comments about dogging it at the end, but when he was with the Nets he was a classcitizen and a true leader. I'll miss him more than I miss J-Kidd quite frankly (who doesn't appear to want anything to do with the Nets now).

Save those knees for the season.

And I truly believe MJ purposely dresses badly. This dude stays in some long sleeve odd colored turtle neck type shirts.
smh.gif

I can watch and re-watch Vince Carter dunks all day long. Conflating a sort of calm grace with seemingly boundless athletic prowess, he seems to pulls off themost difficult of dunks with the greatest of ease. A number of guys can pull off the dunks he does; hell, I can execute a basic windmill...but, Vince justlooks like he was made to do it.

Back
Top Bottom