Vizio, Insignia, Dynex and other cheaper HDTV's have a dirty little secret...

i have a vizio, until i save up for a samsung LED. then vizio going to the living room where nobody watches tv

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

Originally Posted by LetItRock

Well my Vizio's been going strong since 07, so.....*shrug*

same.

pimp.gif

this thread is funny..my neighbors Vizio broke just last week (after owning for only 2 months), returned and got a Sharp

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

The vizio in my room has a cleaner picture than the samsung in the living room..

go figure..
I see no difference in mine either.

Broksonic

They couldn't come up with anything else? Seriously?

I have a 52" Samsung in the living room and a 32" Westinghouse in the bedroom. The Samsung is great, but only in 1080p. 720p is mediocre at best. TheWestinghouse in my bedroom actually gets more use because I don't watch much TV, and I watch Conan/Fallon before I fall asleep.

If you are hesitant about buying a lower-name brand, I strongly suggest Westinghouse. Their LCD products are a great value, and the company itself has beenaround for years, although it isn't immediately recognized as an electronics manufacturer. If you are comfortable buying a refurbished product, you canfind some great deals online. My sister bought my exact same Westinghouse TV refurbished from eCost.com. They have some 42"+ LCD TVs for $499 that comewith a limited manufacturer's warranty. Westinghouse TVs aren't the prettiest, but if you're concerned with how the TV looks (not performs), thenpay the extra few and get a big name brand.

In general, consumers just need to really do their homework, especially when it comes to a personal investment like a TV and not just immediately jump at thelowest price items. I'll admit, I used to be that way and just get the cheapest stuff if it served the purpose.

I have a Hannspree that I know is just a rebranded LG and I'm fine with that. I bought it years ago before 1080p was even available or talked about.It's a 1080i 32" for $500, hell of a deal back then. It was difficult to deal with the company when the tv came broken from UPS but it got resolved.

In the end if you have the money Sony/Panny/Sammy is the way to go, but you do get value from these off-brands, they are usually made in the same factory as aquality tv set and you're getting it for much cheaper minus a few features.

Back
Top Bottom