Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
any vibrant or galaxy 2 owners on here?

i was going to cop the g2, but things aren't looking to good i've been on xda the last few days and people are having problems. with the loose hinge and on top of the the phone only has 1.2gb of internal memory when its advertised to have 4gb, and getting root to work isn't going smoothly either

[h3]Krazy Kart Racing unofficially available[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: Apps

You won't find this in the Market, but if you'd like Konami's Krazy Kart Racing game—officially available for free on the Samsung Galaxy S via Samsung Apps—on your HTC EVO 4G, then don't be shy about asking Google to find the .apk for you.

Krazy Kart Racing is more like Mario Kart than Asphalt HD, so don't expect realistic graphics or fancy cars. Konami characters like Goemon, Pentarou, Frogger, and Sparkster sit behind the wheel of the "karts" in this game and you use on-screen controls or the EVO's accelerometer to steer them through various courses, occasionally aiming for boxes that give you weapons to use on other drivers and power boosts to use for yourself. The game takes about 21MB of storage space on your EVO, but the 3D cartoony graphics are pretty nicely done, gameplay is good, and there are several modes to keep the game fun: quick race, single player, and multiplayer, which lets you play with other people over local WiFi or the internet.

Krazy Kart Racing was released in Samsung Apps a few months ago and has been available for iOS for over a year, so I don't know why it's not in the Market yet (or if it will even ever be there). But if you're a Mario Kart fan who isn't already using an emulator to play that game on your EVO, then I'd say this is the next best thing.
Off XDA: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=561350GJ

http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/10/k...ml#comment-6a00d83451c9ec69e2013488018f6e970c

Posted by Jenn K. Lee

You won't find this in the Market, but if you'd like Konami's Krazy Kart Racing game—officially available for free on the Samsung Galaxy S via Samsung Apps—on your HTC EVO 4G, then don't be shy about asking Google to find the .apk for you.

Krazy Kart Racing is more like Mario Kart than Asphalt HD, so don't expect realistic graphics or fancy cars. Konami characters like Goemon, Pentarou, Frogger, and Sparkster sit behind the wheel of the "karts" in this game and you use on-screen controls or the EVO's accelerometer to steer them through various courses, occasionally aiming for boxes that give you weapons to use on other drivers and power boosts to use for yourself. The game takes about 21MB of storage space on your EVO, but the 3D cartoony graphics are pretty nicely done, gameplay is good, and there are several modes to keep the game fun: quick race, single player, and multiplayer, which lets you play with other people over local WiFi or the internet.

Krazy Kart Racing was released in Samsung Apps a few months ago and has been available for iOS for over a year, so I don't know why it's not in the Market yet (or if it will even ever be there). But if you're a Mario Kart fan who isn't already using an emulator to play that game on your EVO, then I'd say this is the next best thing.

http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/10/k...ml#comment-6a00d83451c9ec69e2013488018f6e970c

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Posted by Jenn K. Lee

Looks like I might have to start bringing along both my extra batteries when I leave the house.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Posted by Jenn K. Lee

Looks like I might have to start bringing along both my extra batteries when I leave the house.

[h2]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]Exclusive Star Wars Live Wallpapers Leaked from Motorola R2-D2[/h2]http://androidspin.com/2010/09/08/htc-pushing-ota-software-update-to-the-wildfire/
Lightspeed.png

For those of you who won’t be purchasing the exclusive Star Wars Motorola R2-D2, you can now download the live wallpapers that will be exclusive to that device. The Star Wars ‘The Empire Strikes Back edition Droid 2′ will be available later this month and thanks to the lucky few who have received the system dump, these live wallpapers have been uploaded for you enjoyment. Grab the .apk’s below and enjoy!
Via: Android Police

[h2]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]Exclusive Star Wars Live Wallpapers Leaked from Motorola R2-D2[/h2]http://androidspin.com/2010/09/08/htc-pushing-ota-software-update-to-the-wildfire/
Lightspeed.png

For those of you who won’t be purchasing the exclusive Star Wars Motorola R2-D2, you can now download the live wallpapers that will be exclusive to that device. The Star Wars ‘The Empire Strikes Back edition Droid 2′ will be available later this month and thanks to the lucky few who have received the system dump, these live wallpapers have been uploaded for you enjoyment. Grab the .apk’s below and enjoy!
Via: Android Police

Just ordered my Evo 4G last night...

But, I'm still on the $30 SERO, but to activate the phone I'm going to have to upgrade the plan.

I'll be back in here bugging the hell out of you guys for help soon enough
laugh.gif

Just ordered my Evo 4G last night...

But, I'm still on the $30 SERO, but to activate the phone I'm going to have to upgrade the plan.

I'll be back in here bugging the hell out of you guys for help soon enough
laugh.gif

I'm looking to get an EVO here soon. But are there any rumors about new Android phones for Sprint? Or should I be fine with the EVO for awhile?

I'm looking to get an EVO here soon. But are there any rumors about new Android phones for Sprint? Or should I be fine with the EVO for awhile?

^ Don't think they'll be any phones to compete with the Evo on Sprint this year, or any other carrier for that matter. It pretty much packs every feature you could want in a phone.

^ Don't think they'll be any phones to compete with the Evo on Sprint this year, or any other carrier for that matter. It pretty much packs every feature you could want in a phone.

Yea the Evo pretty much is the top phone for a lot of places right now. Ive seen a bunch of Iphone ppl switch to it and never look back. Im not gonna say Iphone killer. But it definitely has ppl looking elsewhere.

It has everything you could ask for in a phone, other than a hardware keyboard and that was gonna hold me back at first. But at this point it doesnt even matter. After a week you type just as fast on the TS than you do on the hardware KB because of the size of the screen.

Yea the Evo pretty much is the top phone for a lot of places right now. Ive seen a bunch of Iphone ppl switch to it and never look back. Im not gonna say Iphone killer. But it definitely has ppl looking elsewhere.

It has everything you could ask for in a phone, other than a hardware keyboard and that was gonna hold me back at first. But at this point it doesnt even matter. After a week you type just as fast on the TS than you do on the hardware KB because of the size of the screen.

Skype is Up and Running on 2.1+ devices

[h1]Skype For Android Released[/h1]
October 6, 2010   By: Captainkrtek

Difficulty:

Finally after only being Verizon Exclusive, Skype is now Available for all Android Phones running 2.1 or higher. Thanks to XDA member ragmanchu for pointing out the blog post by the Skype Team. Here is the press release from Skype:

You’ve been asking us for it – and now it’s here. Skype is now available on a wide range of Android phones, so you can save money and stay in touch when you’re out and about. Visit skype.com/m on your phone to download, or read on to find out what’s inside.

With the new app, you can make free Skype-to-Skype calls, and send and receive IMs for free, one-to-one or with a group. You can also call phones at Skype’s great rates – over WiFi or 3G.

To read more about the release and get it for yourself, checkout the Discussion Thread.

No video calling tho.................................

Pac, you beat me to the edit

Skype is Up and Running on 2.1+ devices

[h1]Skype For Android Released[/h1]
October 6, 2010   By: Captainkrtek

Difficulty:

Finally after only being Verizon Exclusive, Skype is now Available for all Android Phones running 2.1 or higher. Thanks to XDA member ragmanchu for pointing out the blog post by the Skype Team. Here is the press release from Skype:

You’ve been asking us for it – and now it’s here. Skype is now available on a wide range of Android phones, so you can save money and stay in touch when you’re out and about. Visit skype.com/m on your phone to download, or read on to find out what’s inside.

With the new app, you can make free Skype-to-Skype calls, and send and receive IMs for free, one-to-one or with a group. You can also call phones at Skype’s great rates – over WiFi or 3G.

To read more about the release and get it for yourself, checkout the Discussion Thread.

No video calling tho.................................

Pac, you beat me to the edit

Back
Top Bottom