[h1]See the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for the first time[/h1]

20 May, 2013 | Comments (209)
 | Post your comment

Tags: Samsung
Android
Rumors

The Samsung I9295 Galaxy S4 Active
 has been in our rumor mill
 for quite some time. The latest leaked shots reveal that the Active will be a tougher dust and water resistant version of the Galaxy S4 flagship.

The specs are expected to be the same and the live pictures below confirm it - the device is running on a quad-core 1.9GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU, which most definitely means a Snapdragon 600 chipset. The screen supposedly has the same size and resolution as the original Galaxy S4
 - a 5.0-inch 1080p unit, though it's unclear if it's a Super AMOLED one or not. Strangely enough, the reported pixel density of the phone is 480ppi, so the display might actually be smaller.

Our tipster also confirmed to us that the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has an 8MP rear camera, which is a downgrade from the 13MP sensor of the Galaxy S4.

Samsung I9295 Galaxy S4 Active

Despite the similar specs, the Galaxy S4 Active looks nothing like the original. It comes in a metallic shell with bolts on the back, and there are also three hardware buttons below the screen.

There is no official info on the Galaxy S4 Active yet, but as it turns out the handset has been showcased recently in Croatia, so an announcement is imminent.

This is what the GS4 should have been imo minus the ugly buttons.

[h1]Samsung's Wallet app launches in Korea  Mobile[/h1]
By Richard Lawler  posted May 20th, 2013 at 11:36 PM19  

Samsung showed off its Wallet app to developers earlier this year, and now Korean customers can download it onto compatible Android devices from the company's own app market. Currently it only appears to collect credit card info, which customers can then use to pay for goods and services at online merchants, verified by a one-time password or PIN. Clearly aimed at both Google Wallet and Apple'sPassbook, Samsung plans to add a few features we've seen in Passbook that will make tickets, membership cards and coupons accessible all in one place. According to the translated press release it's out for the Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S II HD LTE, although whether it will be featured in a Gangnam Style 2 video remains unknown.

Update: Commenter Chris posted a pic showing that the app is also live in the US Samsung Apps market, although it looks a bit different and lists more of the Passbook features we were expecting. This may be explained by a post on the Samsung Wallet Partners site, indicating it launched in open beta on the 18th, with support for transportation tickets, membership cards, coupons and event tickets. We checked and it's not showing up on our Note IIs or GS4s yet, but if you have one it may be worth taking a peek at Samsung's app store to see what's waiting inside

I can't access the page from where im currently at,

can anybody tell me how the availability of the N4 is currently in the Googleplaystore in the US? Expected delivery times? (8gb preferably).

[COLOR=#red]Verizon & Sprint GALAXY NEXUS OWNERS FREE BATTERY & COVER[/COLOR]

Just pay for shipping which is like $6.50(damm battery retails for $50.00) so don't complain like them people on SD. :smh:

accessory_180x160_a.gif

ORDER GALAXY NEXUS BATTERY

Use promo code: BATTERY1

disclaimer:Since this is a Sprint back cover, Verizon GNEX owners would have to break a tab off to fit it in.

Bonus: The battery can also fit in a T-MOBILE GALAXY S2 OR a at&t skyrocket. You probably won't be able to fit your back cover though

Last edited:
[h1] [/h1]
[h1]HTC One “Google Edition” to be released this summer running stock Android [RUMOR][/h1][h1] [/h1]
HTC-One-rocks-640x422.jpg

There’s a wonderful rumor floating around this evening — one that will either have you leaping for joy, or reaching for the bottle. It all started last week after an HTC rep seemingly hinted at the possibility of a stock Android AOSP version of the the SHR HTC One EHR , similar to the SHR Samsung Galaxy S4 EHR Google Edition announced at Google I/O. The cryptic tweet said, “So you can pay $649 for a piece of plastic running stock or… You can wait :smile: #IO13″ This, as it turns out, was tweeted from her personal Twitter account and although she never revealed the meaning behind it, some blogs ran with the story. This caused HTC rep Jeff Gordon (not that Jeff Gordon) to chime in, flat out denying these rumors altogether.

Fast forward to today where infamous ROM leaker @LlabTooFeR is, once again, adding fuel to these stock One rumors, tweeting some very confident words that an HTC One is coming fast down the pipeline and “without Sense 5.” According to Llabtoofer, he expects the device to be released as early as this summer and if you’re curious on exactly how sure he feels on the subject, he went as far as saying it was a “fact.”

Once again, those of you that have been holding off on purchasing a next-gen Android but have been eying HTC’s awesome hardware, may find yourself doing a backflip. While those of you that just forked out all that money on an HTC One Developer Edition (myself included), might find yourselves a little annoyed for early adopting.

I just want to point out that with the already available HTC One Developer Edition with a bootloader that’s spread eagle and ready to run everything from CM10.1 to Paranoid Android, just how necessary is an HTC One Google Edition? I don’t suppose it would take too much extra effort on HTC’s part to simply offer a One from the Play Store (or at the very least, some kind of variant) with AOSP out-of-the-box and direct updates from Google. If you remember, this actually alludes to old rumors of “multiple Nexus devices” from various manufacturers offering their devices on Google Play running stock Android. If Samsung can do it, just what exactly is stopping HTC (and everyone else)?

It’s entirely possible this stock device could be something different altogether, with HTC saving the best bits and pieces of hardware for their One flagship, but I’m going to stop right there. I’m done guessing at this point. With summer fast approaching, it wont be too much longer before we figure out what HTC’s been up to, and if it’s a stock Android device with direct updates from Google — more power to ‘em.

Last edited:
Just coming in to see what you guys with HTC One and S4 phones think of your purchase so far. I'm looking to upgrade within the next couple of weeks and want to get your feedback from using it.

So every major phone will have a Google Version?
I sure hope so , LG started the trend last year with the Nexus 4 just being a Optimus G in another casing. Looks like Samsung and HTC are taking it one step further just releasing their exact flaghip with AOSP a few months later. With Samsung , HTC , and LG dropping nothing but HEAT with Stock counterparts dropping also this has been by far the best year to be an android user.

How do I go about editing a Word Document that's on my Google Drive while I'm on my phone.

Its coming up as a read-only document in that office program that comes with the s4

Farewell VZW. It's been nice knowing you.

Farewell HTC Thunderbolt. Thanks for getting me through the past two years, even though you're a piece of **** phone.

Back
Top Bottom