• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try it again. Don't know what to tell you. From the main conversation screen, long pressing on a convo brings up the settings icon for me

Make sure it's for an individual convo, not a group text

Last edited:
You the man! I was trying it on group messages... Haha I wish they do enable the settings feature on group messages... Getting all those notifications can be annoying at times :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they do add that feature soon, they've been quick to update.

[h1]Android 4.3 spotted on Galaxy S4, screenshots inside[/h1]
28 June, 2013 | Comments (18)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidRumorsGoogle

Leaked screenshots show Android 4.3, dubbed Jelly Bean, running on a Snapdragon-powered (I9505)Samsung Galaxy S4. The firmware was allegedly intended for the Google Edition Galaxy S4 (I9505G) and sports the build number JWR66N.S005.130625.

Just by looking at the screenshots we can't identify anything truly new, except for the camera UI, which is already present on the HTC One and Galaxy S4 Google Editions, and the fact that the release seemsto retain the Jelly Bean name, instead of going for Key Lime Pie.

Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 I9505

According to another report from WSJ, Google is feverishly working on finishing up Android 4.3 and releasing it and is planning on dropping Android Key Lime Pie (perhaps version 5.0) on the scene this fall. According to sources the next Android iteration (KLP, not JB) will be "better tailored to the lower-cost smartphones".

Reportedly Google is even developing low-cost devices on its own, without OEM branding.

And while we're talking rumors WSJ learned from unknown sources that Google is developing a smartwatch device and gaming console, both revolving around the Android platform. Seeing how much traction the OUYA console gained and that smart wristwatches are all over the news lately, we would hardly be surprised if Google wants to join the bandwagon. There's also talk of an upcoming second generation Nexus Q home entertainment device.

However there are a lot of ifs and buts, and uncertainties in the information so you should take it with a pinch of salt.

Source 1  | Source 2  | Via

[h1]Android 4.3 spotted on Samsung Galaxy S 4, available to test now  Mobile[/h1]
By Mat Smith  posted Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:45 AM0  

adnroid43.jpg

A new version of Android (4.3, and still called Jelly Bean) is already doing the testing rounds on Samsung's Galaxy S 4 and thanks to some porting work fromSAMMobile, it's apparently working on both the Google Play and original Snapdragon-powered iterations. We've caught a glance of Android 4.3 on LG's Nexus 4 already, but we're now getting a better look at a refreshed camera interface, some minor design tweaks and, well, we're still perusing the gallery for more nuggets. If you know what you're doing (and don't fear voiding your warranty) you can find the files at the source -- early reports suggest that the GS4 is "fully working" on this early build. We'll update this post if we find anything else new, but early impressions suggest it's a relatively gentle upgrade from the existing mobile OS.

SOURCE:  SAMMobile (1)(2)

Last edited:
NEWS You can install Android 4.3 on your Galaxy S4 right now

28 June, 2013 | Comments (9) | Post your comment

Tags: Samsung, Android

Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition was unleashed just two days ago, but some lucky guy have somehow managed to get his hands on an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean-running test unit of the device. The Android build however doesn't have all of the features that will premiere within the official Android 4.3 though.

The Google's edition of Samsung's flagship is based on the I9505 model powered by the Snapdragon 600 chipset and normally runs on a stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM.

However if you already got one or even if you own a regular I9505 Galaxy S4 and wonder what is to have the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, now you can experience it. You can now install the leaked Google Play Edition's test Android 4.3 ROM on your device. We already tried it and found it to be fully functional, with only a minor glitch here and there.

There are a few things you need to know before you continue. You need to root your smartphone and install a custom recovery and then flash the leaked ROM through it. Even the locked bootloader of our Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 unit didn't turn to be an issue.

More importantly, this ROM can't be installed via Odin and will void your warranty after the installation.

If you accept those terms and all the risks they bring, then hit our source link below for the download links and instructions. We'll be posting a brief hands-on with the Android 4.3-tasting Galaxy S4 shortly on our blog, so stay tuned.

I don't have a note 2 anymore so if anybody wants a brand new flip cover in the titanium dark gray color for cheap PM me

and a used body glove rubber case

Last edited:
[h2]Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB available for $299 starting tomorrow[/h2]

By Andrew Martonik   | Jun 28 2013 | 7:05 pm  | 40 COMMENTS

sgs4-white-23_0_0.jpg

[h3]Online orders of the new higher storage capacity version will ship by July 3[/h3]
Verizon has made an update to its Galaxy S4 availability post indicating that the larger capacity 32GB version of the device will become available starting tomorrow, June 29th. As you would expect, the price takes the usual $100 jump up to $299 with a 2-year contract for the increased storage. The post doesn't indicate which colors will be available, but we have to assume it'll be the same white and black varieties as currently offered for the 16GB model.

The post specifies that the device will go on sale at Verizon's online store tomorrow, with devices shipping no later than July 3rd for those who order on day one. No details on in-store availability at the moment, but we would expect them to become available there soon also. Keep an eye out on the Verizon site late tonight if you want to be the first to get your order in.

Source: Verizon

[h1]Nokia told to adopt Android before it’s too late[/h1]
By  Zach Epstein  on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

android-robot-google-sign.jpeg

BUSINESS

2:20 PM
If Nokia  had a dollar for every time some pundit, analyst or tech blogger said it should switch from Windows Phone to Android, the company’s recovery would be much further along than it is right now. That didn’t stop Bernstein Research analyst Pierre Ferragu from recommending yet again in a recent note to clients that Nokia bail on Microsoft’s mobile platform and embrace the dominant Android operating system.

Nokia should “take the pill before one cannot afford to do so anymore” and switch to Android before it’s too late, Ferregu wrote in a research note picked up by Barron’s. Continuing to rely on Windows Phone and Nokia’s “Asha” feature phone platform while cash dwindles is an exercise in futility, according to the analyst.

“Nokia should consider it’s [sic] near term future,” Ferregu wrote. ”The company is facing two structural challenges: its exposure to the disappearing feature phone market and the lack of traction of Windows phones. Both could cost Nokia a lot of cash in the near term, in restructuring, marketing / distribution support, and operational losses, which means it could be too late to address the problem in a  couple of years. From that perspective, a decision concerning a new platform strategy appears urgent. Better to take the pill before one cannot afford to do so anymore. We wouldn’t be surprised to see Nokia adopting Android as its new low-end platform by year end.”

Tags:AndroidNokiaSource: Barron's

[h1]HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update: Changes Detailed, Roll Out Soon[/h1]
Adam Mills  —   06/28/2013

EmailShare

The HTC One  Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update apparently has rolled out for some devices, specifically the dual-SIM variant in China, and thanks to that small roll out, we now have a full change log for the update and a sign that the Android 4.2.2. roll out for the international HTC One should be just around the corner, possibly today.

For weeks now, the HTC One Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update has dominated Android news as owners of the flagship device wait for HTC to roll out the latest version of Android to their device. The update has seen a number of significant developments including rumored release dates and timing with two carriers revealing that they expect the update sometime in July.

The HTC One Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is here, it seems.

However, the update itself had yet to roll out, that is, until today when noted HTC leakster @LlabTooFeR  revealed  that the dual-SIM HTC One on China Unicom started to receive its update. It’s unclear right now just how widespread the update is or if it has hit tons of people but it looks like the update has indeed landed for at least one owner of this variant.

The roll out has produced a change log for the update as well which shows what HTC One owners can expect from HTC’s Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update. The changes are fairly substantial and should please those that have waited patiently for the software to arrive, assuming it doesn’t bring any big time bugs along with it.

The HTC One Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update change log.

What’s more is that @LLabTooFeR  says that the international HTC One Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update could roll out at any time, even today. And given the emergence of the update in China, that could definitely hold up. Whatever the case may be, the roll out appears to be close and could very well be touching down soon.

HTC tends to stagger its roll outs, meaning, some regions get it before others. After the unbranded models get the software, carrier models then get it and thus far, carriers have suggested that they will be rolling out the software in July.

More changes with Android 4.2.

American carriers still haven’t made their plans known but since they are typically last to software, there is no telling if they will roll out Android 4.2 Jelly Bean to the HTC One in July or not.
mean.gif
 at the last part

Last edited:
[h1]Nokia told to adopt Android before it’s too late[/h1]
By  Zach Epstein  on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

android-robot-google-sign.jpeg

BUSINESS

2:20 PM
If Nokia  had a dollar for every time some pundit, analyst or tech blogger said it should switch from Windows Phone to Android, the company’s recovery would be much further along than it is right now. That didn’t stop Bernstein Research analyst Pierre Ferragu from recommending yet again in a recent note to clients that Nokia bail on Microsoft’s mobile platform and embrace the dominant Android operating system.

Nokia should “take the pill before one cannot afford to do so anymore” and switch to Android before it’s too late, Ferregu wrote in a research note picked up by Barron’s. Continuing to rely on Windows Phone and Nokia’s “Asha” feature phone platform while cash dwindles is an exercise in futility, according to the analyst.

“Nokia should consider it’s [sic] near term future,” Ferregu wrote. ”The company is facing two structural challenges: its exposure to the disappearing feature phone market and the lack of traction of Windows phones. Both could cost Nokia a lot of cash in the near term, in restructuring, marketing / distribution support, and operational losses, which means it could be too late to address the problem in a  couple of years. From that perspective, a decision concerning a new platform strategy appears urgent. Better to take the pill before one cannot afford to do so anymore. We wouldn’t be surprised to see Nokia adopting Android as its new low-end platform by year end.”

Tags:AndroidNokiaSource: Barron's
if Nokia comes to android game over

LTE-A is so damn pointless man . Our phones are not capable to load a webpage any faster that's connected to a 20mbps network or a 50mbps network . I know its apples and oranges but i just wish battery tech would improve half as fast as the pointless network advancements we've seen the past few years .
agreed. I turn off lte most of the time because it drains battery and I don't have unlimited data.

that said, the speeds may be more useful on laptops with 4g (or for tethering).
Yup... bout to cancel my internet service when that drops
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Yup... bout to cancel my internet service when that drops

LL

:nthat:

Smart man. This is only viable for people on Verizon with unlimited data . Cancelling your internet at home is gonna save you at least 70 bucks a month with most likely faster speeds with LTE-A

Smart man. This is only viable for people on Verizon with unlimited data . Cancelling your internet at home is gonna save you at least 70 bucks a month with most likely faster speeds with LTE-A

LOL and you guys are cryign when companies start to throttle. Surprisingly though VZW hasnt throttled unlimited users.

LOL and you guys are cryign when companies start to throttle. Surprisingly though VZW hasnt throttled unlimited users.
T-mobile ceo already said he doesn't want people using +15 gigs of data on the monthly bases (he did say 10-15 could be ok though as thats what he uses). Mobile data isn't supposed to replace home internet, sadly.

T-mobile ceo already said he doesn't want people using +15 gigs of data on the monthly bases (he did say 10-15 could be ok though as thats what he uses). Mobile data isn't supposed to replace home internet, sadly.

word, the only thing I HATE is you see companies talk about "stream your favorite show anywhere blah blah blah" I`m like avg person has a 2gb cap, they arent gonna be able to stream netflix and other shows unless they are on wifi.

to those of you who have rooted your HTC one, any cons to it? I saw that you lose some functionality for the camera(zoe) but is there anything else ? I'm thinking about rooting it and going with the google rom

I do miss the Zoe feature but at the end of the day Stock android on the Snapdragon 600 chip set absolutely obliterates any mobile experience I've ever had before . The menu button is also mapped to the HTC logo so it has its traditional 3 button setup which also is a huge plus. Slim Bean ROM is just amazing

to those of you who have rooted your HTC one, any cons to it? I saw that you lose some functionality for the camera(zoe) but is there anything else ? I'm thinking about rooting it and going with the google rom

I'm using the revolution hd rom. Basically a stock rom with all the stock features,but better battery life, customizable notification bar etc.

I have PA, PA Gamerz, and RGUI open and about to try.

My dad loaded on a rom called Soul? It's pretty nice so far.

Does anybody know how to fix this it's really annoying it auto selects an app and highlights it green and I cannot figure out how to make it not do that I'm using go launcher ex

Back
Top Bottom