• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the ui is a bit cleaner, but they dropped the ball on full screen mode. On the old version, it was a true full screen browsing experience with the drawer tab onthe top of the screen to access the address bar, and the annoying blue dot at the bottom of the screen serving as a menu drawer. On the plus side, they gor rid of the annoying blue dot, however, it's not what I would consider full screen browsing anymore. The status bar is always present, which isnt horrible, I could live with that, but now, whenever you scroll up on a web page, the url bar on top and menu drawer on the bottom appear. Similar to a google search.

Edit: I just checked the comments after the update and tons of people feel the same wayiI do :lol: I was kinda shocked to people saying nearly exactly what Iwassaying.

Last edited:
Well, the ui is a bit cleaner, but they dropped the ball on full screen mode. On the old version, it was a true full screen browsing experience with the drawer tab onthe top of the screen to access the address bar, and the annoying blue dot at the bottom of the screen serving as a menu drawer. On the plus side, they gor rid of the annoying blue dot, however, it's not what I would consider full screen browsing anymore. The status bar is always present, which isnt horrible, I could live with that, but now, whenever you scroll up on a web page, the url bar on top and menu drawer on the bottom appear. Similar to a google search.
Yeah, I was reading all the comments right now..sounds like they screwed up fullscreen mode big time

Sounds like you might as well just rock the Chrmoe Beta Browser. It has the same action where when you scroll the URL bar appears.

Tet I will be waiting for the next theme to come around these forums :lol: :smokin

[h1]Samsung Galaxy Note 3 brings its new S Pen and gorgeous 5.7″ Super AMOLED to our office[/h1]
9 hours ago by  Johnny80  comments

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3  is finally here and boy are we excited. It’s the best thing to happen digital notepads in recent times and something of an Android icon in the making.

gsmarena_001.jpg

If you’re up to date with your smartphone news the Galaxy Note 3 is a pretty huge deal and currently the very best Samsung can offer. It’s the first smartphone to bring 3 GB of RAM and microUSB 3.0 to the table, rocks the latest and greatest in computing power thanks to the Snapdragon 800 and Exynos 5 Octa chipset selection, and is one hell of a productivity tool.

The possibilities are endless – with the Galaxy Note 3 you can make pretty much everything on the screen part of a scrapbook, import it into Evernote or just doodle anything that pops into your mind the minute inspiration strikes. Samsung has also brought a lot of improvement to the S Pen and the way the software reacts when you remove it from its holster.

Once you pull out the S Pen the Air Command menu automatically comes into focus. It’s a virtual ring with five shortcuts – Action Memo, Scrap Booker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window. Action Memo lets you write stuff and then use it to initiate an action – i.e. add a contact name and number to your phonebook, or check out an address on Google Maps. Scrap Booker lets you add pieces of your screen to…well, a Scrapbook. Screen Write allows you to start writing on the screen wherever you are. Finally, the last element of the Air Command menu is Pen Window. It automatically pops up once you hover with your S-Pen over a text field so you can enter handwritten text.

Here’s a quick video of us playing with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Moving on to hardware. Samsung has made it a custom to improve its smartphones while managing to keep the proportions the same or even tighter than before. Despite weighing less (168 g vs 183 g), being thinner and narrower than the Galaxy Note II, the Note 3 makes it look as obsolete as 2011. The screen is now 5.7″ in place of 5.5″ and the resolution has more than doubled from 720p to 1080p resulting in a ppi of around 386.

The phone has sharper edges, the all plastic built has been retained but the back panel is now made from soft-touch plastic, that quite successfully emulates leather in both looks and feel. There are even stitching in place, which are also part of the plastic. The new soft-touch back panel feels more refined, better on the touch and appears tougher.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The loss of weight will be immediately felt by Note II users and so will the increase of the screen resolution. The display on the Note 3 is among the best we’ve used, if not the best.

We’re paddling hard to bring you more coverage of the Note 3 so stay tuned.

Last edited:
If you guys had bothered to read, you'd see that it's actually apparently soft-touch plastic.

Last edited:
Somebody recommend me a wifi tether for my unrooted gs3 please. I was tryna hold off on rooting as long as possible... HALP

When I asked this question in here after FoxFi started charging no one answered :lol:

I use Portable Wi-Fi hotspot Free for my unrooted S3

Idk what it is with 4.3 Roms and my phone but once again I'm on carbon now and it won't even load YouTube videos when I'm on wifi. It just loads a little bit they stops and do sent load anymore. Even if I try and load niketalk on my phone it takes.forever. but if I use my iPad or my girls iPhone they load perfectly fine. Any suggestions?

Probably the same thing that's on the back of my nexus 7. Don't like the feel of it
Every hands-on/review of the Note 3 that I've read has emphasized leather or fake-leather, not a soft-touch rubberized surface like on the Nexus 7. Even if it is technically plastic I'm guessing it has a different feel to the touch than does the Nexus.

Info on your icons?

I can't believe it, but you guys are motivating me to want to theme my phone again after like a year and a half of loving how clean stock ICS through Jelly Bean looks with a nice wallpaper. :lol:

Last edited:

Info on your icons?

I can't believe it, but you guys are motivating me to want to theme my phone again after like a year and a half of loving how clean stock ICS through Jelly Bean looks with a nice wallpaper. :lol:

Space Potatoes.

Man I've been rocking them for a while now :pimp: ...

:rofl:

Carver they aren't hard to do man. Can be tedious at times just because I like to change a lot of icons manually instead of using themes. That and I will use icons Tetsujin23 finds lol
U showing out now :lol:
I got ya tho

Im so feelin this b. :smokin

I love the N3's GS2 shape and camera bezel. And LuckyLuchiano, it can be a planner tho :lol: prolly why they thru that pleather on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom