• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got the N5 for Christmas. Enjoying the build of the phone and KitKat, etc.

Either I'm getting alzheimers but when I press the on-screen button next to the home button, it brings up all the apps that are running in the background, but
how do I kill all the apps at once instead of one by one?
:lol:

I used to go right left right left it would go quick..

With stock I'm not sure there is a clear all button.. Most roms however do have the feature to delete all and more. So if you're into that go ahead and root/rom your phone ASAP.. If not then you'll have to be stuck doing it how you are.. Unless I'm wrong but I haven't been stock in a minute to say otherwise.

:lol:

I used to go right left right left it would go quick..

With stock I'm not sure there is a clear all button.. Most roms however do have the feature to delete all and more. So if you're into that go ahead and root/rom your phone ASAP.. If not then you'll have to be stuck doing it how you are.. Unless I'm wrong but I haven't been stock in a minute to say otherwise.

It's probably because I'm on stock. Been on romswith my other phones and it had the clear all button.

Thanks @Carver.

what i wanted was to put up pics, videos, music and movies from my gallery to the tv through chromecast.... if it can do that it would have been perfect..

Yes you can, drag and drop it in the chrome browser and cast it. If u have Google music, you can stream ur music.

With Android 4.4, you don't want to swipe the apps closed. It's better that they stay in memory so it doesn't take a long time to load the app back up. When the system is low on resources, it will automatically close apps to free up memory space in the RAM.

I used to close apps all the time, but now I leave them open on Kit Kat.

Last edited:
With Android 4.4, you don't want to swipe the apps closed. It's better that they stay in memory so it doesn't take a long time to load the app back up. When the system is low on resources, it will automatically close apps to free up memory space in the RAM.

Listen to this man.

I never ran into an issue with apps im the background on my nexus 5. Only one that I'll close is the camera app.

Listen to this man.

I never knew this. It's going to be hard to fight the urge to swipe away, but I'm going to start right now. Thanks for that info.

Listen to this man.

I never knew this. It's going to be hard to fight the urge to swipe away, but I'm going to start right now. Thanks for that info.
news to me too.

I pretty much close everything after I use it :x

Listen to this man.

news to me too.

I pretty much close everything after I use it :x

Same here. Done with Chrome? Menu, swipe away. Done with Hangouts?? Menu, swipe away. :lol:

From my phone?

Avia app let you cast local, network or cloud media ...cost $3

btw, amazon is running an promotion, $5 free credit whenever you download android app off there android app store ...even free app gives your $5 credit :wink::D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom