• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Knock code should not make or break a phone.

But its sick tho. I just used it. :smokin

The way the screen brightness works on the G3 is different than I've ever seen before. The auto brightness is set on a threshold as set by the user.

For example auto brightness of more sunlight at 70% is higher than auto brightness at 40%.

But it is all still auto brightness.

User chosen baseline is the best way I think I can describe it.

Knock will not make or break a phone for me. That is ridiculous.

I'm guessing this is in reference to my post, I wasn't at all saying it makes or breaks a phone, I was just saying I feel it's more useful than something like a heart rate monitor or fingerprint scanner.

In reference to the G3 brightness, I'll check that out. it looked dim as hell in the store tho compared to my G2

I'm guessing this is in reference to my post, I wasn't at all saying it makes or breaks a phone, I was just saying I feel it's more useful than something like a heart rate monitor or fingerprint scanner.

In reference to the G3 brightness, I'll check that out. it looked dim as hell in the store tho compared to my G2

Oh my bad I was generally speaking. It is a cool feature and you are right that it is actually useful. But yeah,

To the m8 guys, do u ever leave enerygy saver mode? (Not extreme saver mode) Does the performanxr of the phone get comprimised with it on? Tia

I just got an HTC One M8, any of you guys got any tips, tricks or apps that would be cool to know/have? i just learned about the Knock (double tap) gesture to wake it up from lurking this thread. however, this thread moves way too quickly for me to consistently check it like I wish i could. I've been on an HTC Evo Shift for about 8 months so I'm out of the proverbial loop :lol:

Also have a Galaxy Tab 3, if anybody wants to drop any knowledge on that.

We reached the plateau a couple years ago. That's why I have trouble understanding why so many people hop from phone-to-phone, trying to buy the latest thing.

In many ways, the past 7 years have just been refinements of the original iPhone. The next developments are now dealing with integration -- notifications across devices, casting to TVs, smart watches, etc. These all come down to software improvements. Hardware wise, it's really hard to imagine meaningful change. LTE, screen resolution/quality/size, etc. are done. Better batteries is one area where a meaningful change could come. Cameras will continue to improve incrementally unless some new optics breakthrough is made.

Of course, the crack marketing teams at Apple, Samsung, Lenovo, etc. are thinking of ways to convince you otherwise.

[COLOR=#red]iamDef thanks for coming in here and dropping knowledge good Sir. You are the same way in the photo thread and it's appreciated. I totally agree with you and whywesteppin...

At the end of the day there is no real difference between any of the flagship phones...they all pretty much do the same thing just slightly different ways of going about it...absolutely none of them are crap. It's just a matter of which one fits your personal preferences better.

I'll say this...if you are looking for a phone to be one of the main sources of entertainment for you then you probably have a boring life. This is my opinion and y'all don't have to agree but a smartphone should enhance your life by allowing you to communicate in various ways in a convenient manner wether that be text, email, IM, or video. It should be used as utility via apps like a tip calculator, help with fitness tracking, and have a few time wasting games for when you are standing in line, and a quick information resource with the mobile internet. But if you are looking for it to be your life then you'll probably never be satisfied with what's available.

All those features listed above can be done with the flagship phones and even some of the mid level phones like the Moto G. At the end of the day we are all picking from a variation of a rectangular device with a front and rear facing camera. That's the reason why dudes who phone hop feel so underwhelmed...they are basically all the same.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

I know I don't have an onscreen time, but I've had the M8 around the inititial release and it still goes hard on the battery life.

got a plus one invite this morning

**** them though. it came too late. more than happy with my g3

Member number 55053 on the One + Forum. Hopefully I can get an invite soon!!
You should have gotten one this morning or at least in the next couple of days.

got a plus one invite this morning

**** them though. it came too late. more than happy with my g3
Stop fronting, you know you taking that G3 back and grabbing that OPO
laugh.gif
...at least I would if I were you.

You could always be nice and hook someone else up with it.

I would put it over the M8 and S5, on par with the G3.
But you got people in here saying that the G3 isn't even better than the M8?

For me I am all about staying with no contract. This allows me to stay that way. N5 about to be the backup device. Unless
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm seriously? I'll have to look into it then. Is half the price as well correct? Seems to me if is that good, the competitors are just over charging us, which is not a surprise but nearly double is.

Hmmm seriously? I'll have to look into it then. Is half the price as well correct? Seems to me if is that good, the competitors are just over charging us, which is not a surprise but nearly double is.
350 for a 64gb phone with the similar internals as most of the newer phones out right now.. and they're charging 600-700+ off contract. Most of the new phones also only have 32gb out the gate.. but they offer expandable storage which is always good, but I've found 64gb has always been enough.

Last edited:
Only thing I wish about the One + is that the 64gb came in white, that phone is damn sexy in that color.

Edit: Recieved my invite this morning!!!! Now which color to go for :smh:

Looks like the only option is the 64gb Black model

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]This new Lenovo phone craps on the One Plus One, and version of the M8, All the Galaxys, and the Zperias. This is the new king of Android...[/COLOR]

But will this phone cost 299/349 off contract?
Plus I've always hated the build of motorola phones. So fugly

Last edited:
Only thing I wish about the One + is that the 64gb came in white, that phone is damn sexy in that color.

Edit: Recieved my invite this morning!!!! Now which color to go for :smh:

Easy choice.

White=16gb
Black=64gb

I have black, sandstone is unique texture and feels, doesnt show fingerprints.

Back
Top Bottom