• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I too wanna cop a 6 Plus and try it out. Might pre order tomorrow..

Nothing wrong with seeing what else is out there.

[COLOR=#red]I think it's going to be a great phone to be honest. Apple will not necessarily wow you with specs, they have ALWAYS been a sum of all parts type company.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I think it's going to be a great phone to be honest. Apple will not necessarily wow you with specs, they have ALWAYS been a sum of all parts type company.[/COLOR]

You're always gonna hit a point where u go "why can't I do this!" And wonder why u ever change though. Unless u enjoy living life limited [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Anybody got a showbox link for me. I need it for my friend and the old link I got back in March is down

You are going to go back to iPhone to try out a screen size that you probably have had for 2 years now. Make sure you have iTunes up to date as well since you can't move music around as well since you can't use something like Astro or ES File Browser. You also get to try out how NFC and a mobile wallet works since no Android phone has that implemented yet either.
laugh.gif
happy.gif

But hey, that's none of my business

Seriously though, use want you want. I am just messing around with you. They make good products and if you like then go ahead. If I didn't luck up and finally get my OPO I probably would have pre-ordered one this morning myself. Unless you drink their revolutionary kool-aid then all bets are off
roll.gif

Probably nothing major.. Something like nfc.

At the same damb time tho that can be said for all new phones..Like what does the G3 do that the 2 doesn't.. Note 4 and 3.

After the hype died down on me I decided I'm gonna chill on the 6 :lol: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy sometime this year, I just didn't feel like I needed it right now since i5 is getting iOS8 and like you said the 6 outside of the screen isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.. But for those getting it I see nothing wrong, I think it's worth an upgrade just not a must buy right now for me. I'm good with my opo and i5 for now

Last edited:
Yo that **** is the size of PS Vita!!
mean.gif
sick.gif

My boy works at AT&T and said they have cases in for it already. Said his OPO with the bumper case on it still can fit inside the case
roll.gif

I have no clue why they would not shave the bezel down some on that thing with it being so large. I guess they left that for the 6S+ to do next year.

These pics are from the iPhone 6 thread:

recommendation for best android under 5 inches? now or in the near future
Depends on how much you want to spend..

Right now i would say for the price s4 all the way.. Im thinking about swapping my m8 for the s4. That phone was ahead of its time. Its light very light, and the screen is same size as M8 but wider

If your a sporty type of person then get the M8, if your casual then get the g3 or s5

Forewarning: If you have come here expecting to read the positive highlights and PR buzz-phrases about Apple iphone 6 release along the likes of ‘designed for everybody’ and ‘something-something Apple just disrupted the industry’, turn back while you still can! Just about every blog under the sun which runs ads or commercial content has plenty of that in spades already. We’re only here to point out an exasperating trend we’ve noticed every year  in coverage from all tech news outlets involved in every single iPhone reveal so far.

FEzAK2w.jpg

[h2]It’s A Decent Phone That Sells Boatloads, What Are You Smoking? [/h2]
Well here’s the problem, you see… There is an ostensible bias in tech journalism when it comes to Apple. Here we have a company that has actively tried to stifle innovation and competition in the smartphone industry by suing its competitors via patent trolling and other more severe measures such as asking courts to block the sales of its competitors outright. But for now we’re going to forget all that and focus on the hot item on every RSS and Facebook news feed right now; the Apple iPhone 6 Release.

xndYOmk.jpg

So without further ado, let’s get started with everything that is wrong with Apple’s latest overpriced toy for the brand-conscious.
[h2]1. About As Powerful As a Potato[/h2]
Whether you look at the battery life or the camera resolution, it is clear that at this point there’s no competitor on the market that doesn’t have the iPhone 6 beat in some regard right out of the gate. Throwing around buzz words like ‘Focus Pixels’ (which sounds like someone trying too hard after a night of booze and coffee at a creative meeting) will not change the fact that this is basically the same camera as the iPhone 5S  that has been repackaged with updated firm/software.

ecsbY85.png

There’s also mention of a much-touted co-processor that is supposed to gauge all your healthy activities; gamifying it to get you to move around more. Such hardware features are nice and all but would they really factor in your buying decision when getting a new phone?

q0bIFGc.jpg

A closer look at the hardware powering Apple’s new flagship product

It’s not like I need a new phone to go out for a jog all of a sudden. How about some decent battery life instead? The S5 is already outdated and it still has the new iPhone beat in that department.
[h2]2. Costs Over 500 Gourmet-Class Tacos (WITH A PLAN!)[/h2]
This should be pretty obvious… Here’s how much it is going to set you back to get your hands on one:

The smaller model with a 4.7 inch screen will cost $199 + a two year contract for the base 16GB model, wheras the most expensive one at 5.5 inches gives you the same deal for a hefty $499 with a 128GB storage upgrade added in. To put that into perspective, this phone costs more WITH A PLAN than it would to buy most other standard or high end phones without one.

Now consider the fact that a Galaxy S5 already surpasses most the the specs mentioned above and sets you back only $199… You can just end the argument right there.

tH5FGff.jpg

The internal name of every new iPhone ever

Of course at this point some people have built up a habit worse than the most addictive of narcotics at this point and would probably be selling their own body organs to get their hands on one when it comes to apple iphone 6 release:

sUM8AHk.png

So far I have no logical explanation for the phenomenon except for the guess that Apple sprayed some sort of mind control chemical over all of their products that makes you want to buy every new iteration that follows like a withdrawn junkie.

GqesiXt.jpg

[h2]3. We Had Your Nudes, Now We Want Your Wallets[/h2]
This is the mother of all issues. And might I point out that it is a journalistic tragedy that absolutely no media outlets covering Apple’s event even dared ask anything regarding the security of its products’ users in any of the interviews. Nowhere among the plethora of press releases did I find anything to indicate that my data would be safe with Apple after the celebiCloud photo leak fiasco  that took place last week.

EE6zYph.jpg

So how do they move forward? By asking you to entrust your wallets with them, of course. Starting with the iPhone 6, Apple intends to bring NFC payments to McDonalds and other stores in a massive endeavour to make mobile payments mainstream.

Except that it won’t work if you’re on Verizon or T-Mobile. Oops!

dccuBEa.png

So no bigger a push than the Android phones that preceded the idea, then. Oh well, moving on.
[h2]4. The Blatantly Obvious Paid Press[/h2]
Hello ‘The Verge‘ – We’re looking at you. This lecture is being elucidated on behalf of your disgruntled social media fans who appeared quite distraught over how you spammed their Facebook and Twitter news feeds with Apple iPhone 6 release promos disguised as “Content” yesterday. At the time of writing (10-9-2014), out of the last 18 posts made on your facebook page, 16 have been related to Apple and 100% of those have been positive previews of Apple products.

We understand that it was a big event and that you guys are brand ambassadors of some sort now, but come on… This **** has to stop:

tdTOVP8.jpg

“Furthermore, touching the holy iPhone 6 has done wonders for my sex life.”

Still think that journalistic opinions are ‘subjective’? Try asking their readership. Here are a few of the responses to the spam fest on my newsfeed last night:

9Wwt4PB.png

Now we weep for the tech news industry. Good night everyone.
for the lazy folk

cool. i'm looking for my gf, as i already have a g3. i'm looking for a small-ish phone. definitely under 5 inches. even that's pushing the limit

the xperia z3 compact looks great so far though not sure if it'll be sold here in the us. open to any chinese-made brands too like xiaomi as well

Depends on how much you want to spend..

Right now i would say for the price s4 all the way.. Im thinking about swapping my m8 for the s4. That phone was ahead of its time. Its light very light, and the screen is same size as M8 but wider

If your a sporty type of person then get the M8, if your casual then get the g3 or s5
This S4 looks like the newer model compared to the S5

Damb didn't know no NFC for Verizon and tmo.. Odd because don't android phones have NFC on those carriers :nerd:

New search feature on Textra is clutch...:nerd:
Sonnnn!!! I didnt even notice. That is the One feature I've been saying Textra needed to become flawless. The game is over.

I used to keep 8sms on my phone just because you could search. Instant delete

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom