• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only thing I'm really weary of with the Zenphone is the software side of things. Hardware these days can last someone 3 years easily, but if the phone's OS isn't getting updates, the phone will get rendered obsolete.
Judging from their other phones, it get updates and it comes with lolipop.. Even that you can root and put whatever on it

Next year they will release a new phone. So I will not have this phone for more then a year

Last edited:
 [h1]HTC One (M9) photos leak, reveal new camera[/h1]
20 January, 2015 | Comments (137)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTC

The upcoming flagship device by HTC, dubbed presumably HTC One (M9)  or more recognizably HTC Hima, has seen the light of day. Visually very similar to the predecessor, the device is only distinguishable by a different main camera on the back.
gsmarena_001.jpg

The square cutout is to house the new 20.7MP sensor which is set to replace HTC's rather unsuccessful attempts at camera innovation. The UltraPixel concept gathered a lot of criticizm for its uninspiring good light performance and lack of 4K video recording and was replaced in the company's upper-midrange, with the flagship to follow.
gsmarena_002.jpg

The HTC Hima is reported to keep the predecessor's screen size and resolution at 5 inches and 1920x1080 pixels, contrary to most of this year's flagships, which are keen to jump on the QHD bandwagon. The Snapdragon 810 will power the device, coupled with 3GB of RAM.

All this can change, of course, upon official unveiling, which is expected to take place on March 1.
Source (in French)  | Via

I'm good with that phone.. getting that Asus zenfone2. This phone look garbage and I'm tired of paying prices for a tv for a phone

Not impressed, wish the screen took up the whole glass all the way to the each of the front speakers.

I like that HTC is one of a few (only) companies that makes their devices like this.
I think the aluminimun top and bottom is what keeps the phone from shattering on a fall if it falls on either side. My girl has dropped her m7 multiple times, its got dings in the frame but the screen has never shattered.

I on the other hand dropped my lg g2 one time without a case with an all glass front and it destroyed the phone.

I'd be hesitant to step out with my moto x without a case because I know one well placed drop and its a wrap

The M devices I'd rock without a case in a heartbeat. The danger is still there but minimized.

I like that HTC is one of a few (only) companies that makes their devices like this.
I think the aluminimun top and bottom is what keeps the phone from shattering on a fall if it falls on either side. My girl has dropped her m7 multiple times, its got dings in the frame but the screen has never shattered.

I on the other hand dropped my lg g2 one time without a case with an all glass front and it destroyed the phone.

I'd be hesitant to step out with my moto x without a case because I know one well placed drop and its a wrap

The M devices I'd rock without a case in a heartbeat. The danger is still there but minimized.

Asus phones make it like this as well

You read my post wrong. I like the metal on the top and bottom, I just don't like how the screen doesn't completely fill the whole glass area and it stops short before the glass meets the metal frame.

If given the choice, I'd prefer not to see a logo on my phone's front. The Moto X doesn't have any front branding and it's cleaner for sure. However, every other thing I own has a brand Haha.. My computer, TV, car steering wheel, etc. So it's not a big deal, but it's nice when it's absent.

Not at all, every little space counts when it comes to watching media on the phone.

If they wanted the screen to be bigger they would had did it and out the same bezzle st the bottom with the same HTC logo

Just because the logo is their doesn't mean it's stopping the screen from being bigger

If HTC removed the logo they would still keep the same screen size

Last edited:
If they wanted the screen to be bigger they would had did it and out the same bezzle st the bottom with the same HTC logo

Just because the logo is their doesn't mean it's stopping the screen from being bigger

Are you talking about the logo on the back or the front of the phone?

If you are referring to the one on the front, I am pointing out that I would prefer them to expand the screen and do away with the logo so the screen can be larger w/o making the phone bigger. It would, in my opinion, make it more aesthetically pleasing while bringing a bit more function with the added screen real estate. Just my 2 cents.

If you are referring to the one on the front, I am pointing out that I would prefer them to expand the screen and do away with the logo so the screen can be larger w/o making the phone bigger. It would, in my opinion, make it more aesthetically pleasing while bringing a bit more function with the added screen real estate. Just my 2 cents.

Ok. At first you made it seem like the screen was not larger because of the logo

Theres essential electronics in that space.  For the screen and speakers.  The logo/space isnt just there to be there.  Without the BoomSound speakers they would be able to move the display drivers into the space occupied by the speakers and reduce the bezel, but then that would take more value away from the device than a few millimeters of space.  They made the right decision in that tradeoff IMO.  Especially since even with the extra space, its still acclaimed as one of, if not THE nicest looking/built devices on the market.  

Coming from a One user, the logo is actually not bad, and not even something you notice in everyday use. Looking at it dead on, it kind of disappears because of the angle of light reflection.   I honestly forgot mine was there until it was brought back up in this thread lol.  And the phone turns heads.  People always comment on how nice it looks and feels, even iPhone users.  It isnt perfect, but its a damn nice device.

Last edited:
Theres essential electronics in that space.  For the screen and speakers.  The logo/space isnt just there to be there.  Without the BoomSound speakers they would be able to move the display drivers into the space occupied by the speakers and reduce the bezel, but then that would take more value away from the device than a few millimeters of space.  They made the right decision in that tradeoff IMO.  And even with the logo its still acclaimed as one of, if not THE nicest looking/built devices on the market.  

Coming from an One user, the logo is actually not bad, and not even something you notice in everyday use. Looking at it dead on, it kind of disappears because of the angle of light reflection. I honestly forgot mine was there until it was brought back up in this thread lol
Yeah, that actually went across my mind when I responded to Superb. If it's functional, so be it but, I was kind of hoping that they would've figured out a work-around by now. Either way, HTC has nice phones though it would be great if they could avoid leaving the bezels there, I would even prefer it to be a little thicker as long as keep the sides curved.

Last edited:
I think HTC did come out and say that there are parts in that bezel, so take that how you want.

If they stick to the M8's formula and get rid of the UP camera for a more traditional camera, the M9 has the potential to be the best smartphone of 2015 - maybe even the greatest device ever created.

And this is pretty interesting:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom