• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only issue I've ran into on maps would be when I was looking for a location in downtown Chicago and I believe the large buildings made the GPS signal drop. I believe this would be an issue with all navigation apps in the area.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for the tabbed browser windows in the recent menu on lollipop? I ended up having multiple similar windows because I lost track. Reverted back to the usual tabs in the browser option.

Never had any complaints about Google Maps.

Bish tells me what lane I need to be in.. even on my iPhone I use Google Maps, always thought the apple one was cheeks.. maybe it's better nowadays.

bruh the iphone map is hella better
I'll have to give it a shot next time I need gps.

Does it tell me which lane I need to be in :lol: that feature too nice. What makes it hella better?

what makes it better is that their are no hiccups.

its just so precise. if im nearing the intersectjon it tells me which way to go and when i reach it it tells me exactly when i need to turn.

idk i jus came f romniphone and the experience was better than google

Sounds more like a radio or satellite issue or whatever it is. And it ain't getting your location precise.

I can honestly say I haven't had a problem finding a location with gmaps. Perhaps you just miss your iPhone. Ain't no shame there just go back brah no one will judge ya.

What phone you using btw?

Last edited:
Still cant work out why greenify is only hibernating manually atm, so played with the camera on my G3 last night instead.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for the tabbed browser windows in the recent menu on lollipop? I ended up having multiple similar windows because I lost track. Reverted back to the usual tabs in the browser option.

One of the first settings I changed back.

Its just too buggy. I like to have a bunch of tabs open at any time and it always seemed to fc on me. FC'd on my Nexus 5, FC'd on my Nexus 6. Cool idea, just didn't reall provide any extra functionality.

Sounds more like a radio or satellite issue or whatever it is. And it ain't getting your location precise.

I can honestly say I haven't had a problem finding a location with gmaps. Perhaps you just miss your iPhone. Ain't no shame there just go back brah no one will judge ya.

its not about not getting my location right its about not getting the sams club location right lol and taking me to the street behind the store..

im on da m7

its not about not getting my location right its about not getting the sams club location right lol and taking me to the street behind the store..

im on da m7
Sometimes stores use addresses that arent where they are actually physically located, but where their entire plot of land is located.  So that throws GPS directions off sometimes.  Has happened to me on Google Maps and other apps.  Sometimes apps can figure it out, sometimes they cant.  Also happens often with stores that are a part of shopping centers.

if you don't have GPS signal, your phone can still use WiFi for location. good enough for a rough estimate in a crowded city.

this is common though: people last used an iPhone 3 years ago comparing it to the android phone they have now, or vice versa.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Funny I travel by auto all over and Googlemaps has never let me down.[/COLOR]

Google Maps always been the goods for me.

Maybe years ago, it would take me to a few dead ends.. but it's been butter to me for at least 2yrs now.

Waze is butter too though

Funny thing waze is better but Google owns waze and bought them out

Google maps will have your driving into a lake though lol

if you don't have GPS signal, your phone can still use WiFi for location. good enough for a rough estimate in a crowded city.

this is common though: people last used an iPhone 3 years ago comparing it to the android phone they have now, or vice versa.

How are you going to use WiFi when driving ?

[h1]HTC One (M9) Plus shows up in photos, specs unveiled[/h1]
22 January, 2015 | Comments (69)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroid

HTC leaks are coming by the dozen these days. Yesterday we showed you the upcoming HTC One (M9)sized up against  the previous generation. Today we're being treated to its potential bigger brother, the One (M9) Plus, if the company's press team actually decides to call it that.

HTC One (M9) Plus

The Plus model will come with a 5.5-inch display of 1440x2560 pixel resolution, the source claims. The mighty Snapdragon 810 will run the show, joined by 3GB of RAM in a year when most flagships will likely come with 4GB.

From a design standpoint we see a slight departure from the established HTC styling. The bottom speaker grill will be replaced with a hardware button, where the fingerprint scanner is to be housed. How that is going to affect the HTC's famed audio performance remains to be seen.

The back is more typical HTC One material with dual cameras and two-tone LED flash. Apart from being a design element, the larger ring around the lens may hint at a 20.7MP main shooter. It is reportedly going to be utilized in the regular One (M9), which has also appeared with a large cutout in its metal unibody.

The Taiwanese manufacturer is holding its "Utopia in progress"  event on March 1, where all speculations will be put to an end.
Via

[h1]Report: Google Strikes Deal With Sprint, Will Sell Wireless Service as MVNO in 2015[/h1]
google-logo.jpg

According to reports from both Businessweek  and The Wall Street JournalGoogle  has reached a deal with Sprint  to lease capacity on its network, then run its own wireless service for customers as a MVNO. As reported yesterday, Google was also looking to use T-Mobile’s network for its service, but that has yet to be substantiated. 

It is stated that Google does intend to launch its wireless service later this year, which could be highly disruptive to the existing wireless industry leaders. According to sources, Masayoshi Son, the president of SoftBank Corp. who bought Sprint in 2013, played a large role in facilitating the agreement between Google and Sprint.

With this new information, we can almost get a sense for what Google will offer potential customers. As a MVNO, they will have the hardware (handsets) to sell to users, and now with deals reportedly being struck with US carriers, they will also have the ability to offer wireless data at a reasonable price to anyone willing to make the switch.

With talks of the service launching this year, it’s likely we will know more details soon enough.
[h6]ViaBusinessweek  | The Wall Street Journal[/h6]

Last edited:

Why would sprint or tmobile lend Google there infrastructure when Google will be a competitor?

For those of yall that use Whatsapp, they now support messaging from your web browser. Just scan a QR code from the site and fire away. Gonna prevent me from staring at my crotch in class all the time 
nthat.gif

web.whatsapp.com

Back
Top Bottom