• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Verizon and att also only are the only providers with 4 g late in this state surprisingly ... And sprint service and T-Mobile is both either turrible or slow with 3G... In my house (San Diego)though Verizon sucks at time for some odd reason parts of my house the signal is non existent if I'm not towards the front of the house or completely in the backyard in some parts

That's interesting that your battery drained that much. Wonder what the issue is.

Even im not sure myself... I still use greenify so im putting it down to LG bloatware that I had frozen in Titanium backup when it was rooted. Only thing I can think of. Never went HAM on it so cant be much else

[COLOR=#red]The metal frame for the S6 has leaked. Google it, They are coming for the throats of the smartphone industry. I can only imagine how crazy the Note 5 is going to be. Nobody but Apple has the $$$ and influence to kill the market like Samsung does. Get ready to be disturbed Samsung haters :lol: :rofl: [/COLOR]

The metal frame for the S6 has leaked. Google it, They are coming for the throats of the smartphone industry. I can only imagine how crazy the Note 5 is going to be. Nobody but Apple has the $$$ and influence to kill the market like Samsung does. Get ready to be disturbed Samsung haters
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You think it is the S6 in that one pic with the curve on the side? Pretty ballsy to make the S6 or Note have the Edge/Curve solely without a traditional layout. It does look good in the picture though.

Play you to 11 for one.....or we can MMA fight it out
laugh.gif

Oh made the trade last night for the Nexus 6. Phone is definitely big as hell, but I like it if that makes sense
laugh.gif

Going to look up roots for it and grab xposed framework for it and call it day. Might look into a different kernel or something too, but I never had noticeable changes when I flashed different kernels.

Rumored Z4 front panels:

gsmarena_001.jpg

If it's got stereo front-facing speakers, it's a wrap. I've never had a Sony phone but have always wanted once since these days:

sony-ericsson-w580i-large.jpg

Last edited:
Even im not sure myself... I still use greenify so im putting it down to LG bloatware that I had frozen in Titanium backup when it was rooted. Only thing I can think of. Never went HAM on it so cant be much else

It is the memory leaks. The memory leak issue within Lollipop has been thoroughly documented. I think Google & Co are going to take steps to address it in 5.0.3.

[COLOR=#red]The metal frame for the S6 has leaked. Google it, They are coming for the throats of the smartphone industry. I can only imagine how crazy the Note 5 is going to be. Nobody but Apple has the $$$ and influence to kill the market like Samsung does. Get ready to be disturbed Samsung haters :lol: :rofl: [/COLOR]

I don't think people hate on Samsung phones. There is no denying that they make great phones. Most of the people who hate Samsung do so because they pack so much bloat into Touchwiz that it takes away from the user experience.

Along side their investment on design, they've also annouced that they will cut down on preinstalled software and allow users to just download the apps if wanted. If they cut down on the bloat and make Touchwiz useful I'd be the first in line.

Oh made the trade last night for the Nexus 6. Phone is definitely big as hell, but I like it if that makes sense :lol:

Going to look up roots for it and grab xposed framework for it and call it day. Might look into a different kernel or something too, but I never had noticeable changes when I flashed different kernels.

You have to configure your kernel for the level of performance you want. If you want better battery life, underclock the processor and choose a more efficient governor. If your ROM doesn't have those settings baked in, you can install an app like ROM Toolbox to configure your performance settings. Governors like "ondemand" will offer better performance at the cost of your battery life, where as governors like "conservative" will do the opposite.

You can also alter some of the sysctl settings to do things like decrease the Wifi scan interval, or decrease the amount of time the system will allow data to sit before writing it out, but you should make sure to research before making any changes at that level or the ROM will become unstable and you'll have to restore your phone from a backup. (You can also cause some serious damage depending on the setings you alter, so be careful.)

Last edited:
You have to configure your kernel for the level of performance you want. If you want better battery life, underclock the processor and choose a more efficient governor. If your ROM doesn't have those settings baked in, you can install an app like ROM Toolbox to configure your performance settings. Governors like "ondemand" will offer better performance at the cost of your battery life, where as governors like "conservative" will do the opposite.

You can also alter some of the sysctl settings to do things like decrease the Wifi scan interval, or decrease the amount of time the system will allow data to sit before writing it out, but you should make sure to research before making any changes at that level or the ROM will become unstable and you'll have to restore your phone from a backup. (You can also cause some serious damage depending on the setings you alter, so be careful.)
Yea I used to do that stuff. I didn't mean it in a sense of I would just flash it and leave it alone. I would mess with the various governors and over/under clock the processors and everything. Just never had anything marginal differences at the most when I would do these things. The one thing I do remember though, is that if my phone would get hot....me going conservative and underclocking it would help with the over heating. I was speaking more to when people post the ROM and kernel they are on with the settings and then I replicate it exactly and don't get anything close to what they are claiming.

But the battery life on the Samsungs have they improved where they won't under perform within months with regular use and not charging over night ?

Yea I used to do that stuff. I didn't mean it in a sense of I would just flash it and leave it alone. I would mess with the various governors and over/under clock the processors and everything. Just never had anything marginal differences at the most when I would do these things. The one thing I do remember though, is that if my phone would get hot....me going conservative and underclocking it would help with the over heating. I was speaking more to when people post the ROM and kernel they are on with the settings and then I replicate it exactly and don't get anything close to what they are claiming.

And you had it set to activate on boot as well? Thats very odd.

You have to keep in mind that everyone has different usage patterns, and on screen time isn't always a great indicator if you're doing a lot of intensive stuff...but you should at least notice a difference. Its probably not going to be dramatic. I configure all of that stuff as well and I've only ever been able to get another 45min-hour of extra battery life when using super conservative settings.

Using BusyBox and scripting was also a major factor. Though most of that stuff is snake oil.

Haven't done too much with the Nexus 6 tho... Im always by a charger so its not as big of a deal as it once was.

Last edited:
I've never had a Sony phone but have always wanted once since these days:

sony-ericsson-w580i-large.jpg

My mom had one of these and I thought it was the coolest phone in the world until I realized that these cheap ****s gave us like 20 demos and no full games :lol:

And you had it set to activate on boot as well? Thats very odd.

You have to keep in mind that everyone has different usage patterns, and on screen time isn't always a great indicator if you're doing a lot of intensive stuff...but you should at least notice a difference. Its probably not going to be dramatic. I configure all of that stuff as well and I've only ever been able to get another 45min-hour of extra battery life when using super conservative settings.

Using BusyBox and scripting was also a major factor. Though most of that stuff is snake oil.

Haven't done too much with the Nexus 6 tho... Im always by a charger so its not as big of a deal as it once was.
Yea that's probably about the "improvement" I would notice. For that though, I would rather just use it normally and not have slowed down. Since I can't have my phone on me at work, I normally just put it on silence and turn on airplane mode during work. I have been wondering if turning completely off would better though just to make sure no process is stuck still trying to use a signal that I have turned off or something though.

Yea I have chargers all over the house and one in the car, so I never really need to worry about charging. I have a portable charger too, but I never take it with me since I had OPO. I didn't need it. We shall see if this changes with the N6 though
laugh.gif

[h1]Photos of Reported Samsung Galaxy S6 Metallic Frame Arrive[/h1]
samsung-galaxy-note-4-9.jpg

Thanks to No Where Else, who is usually spot on with their smartphone leaks, we may have our first look at the metallic frame for the upcoming Galaxy S6  from Samsung. As we can see in the photos, it really is just a frame, but the pictures do offer a bit of information on what we should expect to see from Samsung’s next flagship device.

The frames looks rather thin, while sporting plastic bands around the edges. On the bottom, a single speaker is present, as well as forward-facing microUSB port for charging. The 3.5mm headphone jack is also located on the bottom of the device. 

Looking straight on, it appears that renders we have seen previously from case makers  were somewhat correct, with the LED flash being placed parallel to the camera, no longer underneath the lens like we saw on the Galaxy S5. On the sides, it looks like we have a power button next to a SIM port, and on the opposite side, we have what appears to be volume up and volume down buttons.

Reports have been all over the place in terms of what design Samsung is going with, but these photos lend credit to the report that the GS6 will not feature a removable backside. If Samsung is moving the SIM tray and microSD to the side of the phone, then besides having a removable battery, there is no reason to feature a removable back. Plus, if the company intends to incorporate waterproofing and dust proofing, then this design would help with that.

According to No Where Else, a second Galaxy S6, named the Galaxy S Edge, will debut alongside the phone that is photoed below. The S Edge is likely the phone Samsung references in their invite to its presentation  on March 1.

Take a look at the photos below, then let us know what you think. Is the Galaxy S6 shaping up to be a real contender in 2015, more so than the Galaxy S5 ever was last year?

[h6]ViaNo Where Else[/h6]
"Looks like an ".......oh 
grin.gif

[h1]Android 5.1 Lollipop looks like next major version, already spotted on Android One[/h1]

lollipop-statue-2.jpg

SMARTPHONES
By Alex Dobie  | Feb 04 2015 | 5:45 am  | 106 Comments

Rumors of a looming maintenance release for Lollipop  have been swirling since late last year, but now we have the first evidence suggesting an Android 5.1 Lollipop  release may be soon at hand. The Indonesian site for Android One  has a bunch of references to the as yet unannounced version of Android ahead of the launch of three Android One handsets in that country. What's more, there's further evidence that this is more than mere numbers on a page.

lp-51.jpg

Android Police  has obtained shots of a freshly unboxed Indonesian Android One phone apparently running Android 5.1 (build LMY29F), just as the official promotional materials suggest. So far it looks just like the Lollipop  we all know and love, the only visible changes in the images being the version and build numbers. (For what it's worth our own Android One device, from India, hasn't received any updates since 4.4.4.)

The site also points to similar build numbers showing up in web server logs recently — and indeed, we've also seen Android 5.1 hitting our servers in recent weeks on the Nexus 6, 7 and 9. That stuff's easier to fake, but in conjunction with the details on the Indonesian Android One site, there's a good chance it's for real.

In the absence of any broader announcements by Google, exactly what's new in Android 5.1 remains unclear at this time, but fixes for some of the troublesome bugs we've seen in the 5.0 release are likely. Android version numbers don't always reflect how major a jump each version is from its predecessor, but the prospect of a full "point-one" jump so soon after Android 5.0 is intriguing. (That said, the rumored Android 2.4 release that never was  should give us pause.)

If you're already running Lollipop, hit the comments and let us know what you'd like to see in an Android 5.1 release.

Source: Android OneAndroid Police

It is the memory leaks. The memory leak issue within Lollipop has been thoroughly documented. I think Google & Co are going to take steps to address it in 5.0.3.
I don't think people hate on Samsung phones. There is no denying that they make great phones. Most of the people who hate Samsung do so because they pack so much bloat into Touchwiz that it takes away from the user experience.

Along side their investment on design, they've also annouced that they will cut down on preinstalled software and allow users to just download the apps if wanted. If they cut down on the bloat and make Touchwiz useful I'd be the first in line.

Can you explain memory leak? Anything I can do in the meantime to improve battery?

What kinda toilet is that in the s6 leak pics :x joint is literally in the floor. With substandard conditions like that, I see why son went against the grain and leaked the pic.

The metal frame for the S6 has leaked. Google it, They are coming for the throats of the smartphone industry. I can only imagine how crazy the Note 5 is going to be. Nobody but Apple has the $$$ and influence to kill the market like Samsung does. Get ready to be disturbed Samsung haters
laugh.gif
roll.gif
lol

What kinda toilet is that in the s6 leak pics :x joint is literally in the floor. With substandard conditions like that, I see why son went against the grain and leaked the pic.

it's very common in asia.

squat so you dont gotta sit.

and i wish you htc owners never have to go through the active cmdline overflow error :x :x :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom