Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is the Nexus 6 treating you guys?

After having the phone for almost 2 weeks, I'm happy I made the switch from the iPhone 6. For my average uses, I charge every other day even paired with the moto 360. Especially loving the big screen. One thing I have to gripe about is the volume when hooked up with my Bluetooth earphones. They're not as loud compared to the iPhone for whatever reason

[COLOR=#red]Not eem gonna lie...I like the iPhone 6 Plus. When my dude be showing me websites and stuff on it I be looking :lol:[/COLOR]

cosign. imo it is the best looking iphone apple has made, and specifically for the 6+, the first iphone i can use comfortably (i have big hands).

Last edited:
Yeah the plus is a damb good phone..used it on att since it dropped til recently when I jumped to tmo, moved to a no4 and no regrets. I don't know it's just something I like about Android. Note 4 battery life has been great for me and I been using the hell out my data since coming to tmo :lol:

thinking of jumping from iphone 6+ to a note 4, but the only thing that is holding me back is imessage. Can you now send gifs via text on android? I was not able to when I last owned a android phone (htc evo) it would only send still images.
carver carver Pros/cons on switching from the 6+ to the note 4?

HTC Evo :wow: that was a minute ago b. I know u could send gifs using hangouts , not sure about other texting apps.

Last edited:
For everyone curious about the Nexus 6, try it. Its a great phone.

Just make sure you keep a micro usb cord on deck.

As far as texting gifs, they work as long as both people are using Hangouts. I don't think other messaging apps work as of right now.

Last edited:
I do love me some imessage. I realized I don't sent much gifs anywho to make it a deal-breaker. I prefer a texting app like textra. The quick reply on the 6+ is cheeks I was hoping they'd make it similar to bitesms. Textra lets you send gifs.. but they're small and not full gifs that you can copy pasta like on the iPhones. One thing I hate about the 6+.. is Google lagging on updating YouTube.. that's like one of my goto apps and that thing is trash on there :x.. it lags going to landscape mode.. always pisses me off :lol:

As far as pros and cons I'll give my best shot.. do know I go back and forth between Android phones and iPhones randomly when I feel.

Battery: I'd say they're both pretty equal in terms of battery life. I think the standby time on the iPhone is better, but when you're using the phone I think the Note has a slight advantage.. battery doesn't fall as fast when I'm watching videos or browsing the web. Both devices should last you the whole day. You can give a slight advantage to the Note mainly due to it being user-replaceable. And they've got that quick charging technology which is pretty clutch when you need to charge before you head out.

Screen: If we're going off just the spec sheet the Note 4 wins.. but me personally I couldn't really tell the difference. Though I do prefer the colors on the Notes screen. This one is pretty close, but most displays out these days are great.

Speakers: I think they're both equally average. If I had to choose one it'd probably be the 6+ because it's on the bottom. I found my hands do cover them sometimes when I'm watching videos in landscape in my hands, same probably with the Note. I give it the edge cause when I lay it down and watch a video it still sounds normal.. the note sounds all jacked when it's laying down and the speakers are covered.

Camera: I can't pick a winner here they're both really good cameras. If you get a note make sure the camera doesn't have the autofocus problem.. if so return it for a new one. They're both gonna give you really good photos.. they both win here for me personally.

Build: The 6+ is thinner and lighter.. but does not feel very good in the hands without a case. The Note without a case feels great.. that back piece, though people complain, it makes the phones not slippery and feels awesome imo.

My verdict is at the end of the day you can't go wrong with either of these phones. They'll both have their pros and cons to different people, it's all personal preference at the end of the day. Go with what you like and don't let anyone say otherwise it's you using the phone that's all that matters.

Last edited:
For everyone curious about the Nexus 6, try it. Its a great phone.

Just make sure you keep a micro usb cord on deck.

As far as texting gifs, they work as long as both people are using Hangouts. I don't think other messaging apps work as of right now.

Textra works. Just there's a limit on the file size tho

iMessage is always the #1 problem. It is just too damn good. And when you have been on it for awhile it is damn near impossible to let go of.

It stopped working for me a while ago and I had to switch to Next Browser but yeah naked is the truth

I guess I will download NB again. I did about a year ago and you are right...the plainess had me remove after about 5 minutes
laugh.gif

I need that Google synching across everything
nthat.gif

DBrand is having a 25% off everything sale today. I grabbed the black metal skin with matte white trim for the "M" and the camera ring for my Nexus 6

http://dbrand.com/

I do miss iMessage cus it was super easy to send vids and gifs. I'm not to familiar with any of the 3rd party apps for messaging.

The regular ol Samsung Internet one is alright too..I haven't had many issues with it. At least the one on Arcadia rom, it's good..I never really used the note stock cause I rooted and rom'd it right away so I don't know if it's any different.

Last edited:
Hope they do away with that invite system..if those spec rumors are true and the price is still right like they claim..instacopped.

Last edited:
I was gonna cop the Xperia Z3, but at this point, i'll just wait for the Z4 to be announced and released.  @Carver  how was the switch to Tmo?  They pay  ETF if any?  Did you have to give them a phone?  

Thanks for the input guys. imessage is :pimp:, but I like the freedom of android.
carver carver What bamez said. How is the process(eft) to move to tmo? tmo give you any trouble? hows the service? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom