• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question: How important to lock the bootloader ?

My Nexus 5 (andriod 5.1 stock) was draining like crazy so i decided to flash factory image from google to my Phone. this is my first time doing this kind of stuff so i watched a lot of youtube videos.
I was able to follow everything until to the flashing but i encounter some error during the flashing...its about missing system images. I able to find a solution video on youtube but my phone was on fastboot mode and my pc cant recognize my phone. i dont know what to do that time so i unplug the phone and pray that it will boot normaly...it went from that standing andriod with blue circle in the middle then it boots!!! and it was a fresh andriod device again, load my apps again and the phone looks like free from the battery drain!!

Phone working really great right now with everything back to normal.

My bootloader is unlock right now i believed...what should i do with it? is this secure? (read about something in security of the phone)

does my question makes any sense at all?.. well my bad..im noob on this.

THANKS!!!

You're good.

Question: How important to lock the bootloader ?

My Nexus 5 (andriod 5.1 stock) was draining like crazy so i decided to flash factory image from google to my Phone. this is my first time doing this kind of stuff so i watched a lot of youtube videos.
I was able to follow everything until to the flashing but i encounter some error during the flashing...its about missing system images. I able to find a solution video on youtube but my phone was on fastboot mode and my pc cant recognize my phone. i dont know what to do that time so i unplug the phone and pray that it will boot normaly...it went from that standing andriod with blue circle in the middle then it boots!!! and it was a fresh andriod device again, load my apps again and the phone looks like free from the battery drain!!

Phone working really great right now with everything back to normal.

My bootloader is unlock right now i believed...what should i do with it? is this secure? (read about something in security of the phone)

does my question makes any sense at all?.. well my bad..im noob on this.

THANKS!!!
It has no affect on the security of the phone. Technically speaking, the only way it would affect you is if someone stole and your phone and was trying to take the info off it, in which case it'd take many more factors on top of an unlocked bootloader to do so. 

The cheap phones are going to take over the industry in 2 years.

I bet the big companies are bribing the hell out of government officials to keep import costs for those companies high :lol:

Damn 200 for that Alcatel?  I usually see that brand in those cheapo wireless stores like MOBI PCS etc
laugh.gif
  For the price and those specs I might wanna grab one just to try Android out.  CAMERA is the biggest thing for me though, so gotta see what the reviews on that are. 

-edit-

Or that zenophone 2 you guys talking about lol.  these two look like good back up/change of pace phones/media player for the kid haha

Last edited:
The cheap phones are going to take over the industry in 2 years.

I bet the big companies are bribing the hell out of government officials to keep import costs for those companies high :lol:

These companies will grow more rich by the quarter(xaomi), good look with those bribes.

Did a hard reset on my G3 and it looks like the battery life has greatly improved so far.

To give you an idea how bad it was before, I got it down to 10% yesterday in 3.5 hours with 2.5 ost on low brightness. Smh

Saw the Android Authority review of the Zenfone 2, for the price that thing is sick. Camera isn't the best and software updates aren't guaranteed but its a really nice phone for the price

Man I need to stay off slickdeals :smh:....got me buying cases for no reason....so far I've bought 3 iPhone 6+ cases, 2 Note 4 cases and got an S6 Edge case just case I come up on one in the future. Thinking of getting a G4 case as well....been paying less then $5 per case with all those deals they are having lately

Man I need to stay off slickdeals
mean.gif
....got me buying cases for no reason....so far I've bought 3 iPhone 6+ cases, 2 Note 4 cases and got an S6 Edge case just case I come up on one in the future. Thinking of getting a G4 case as well....been paying less then $5 per case with all those deals they are having lately
LOL my dude, the G4 ain't eem out yet and you tryna cop cases. 

Man I need to stay off slickdeals :smh: ....got me buying cases for no reason....so far I've bought 3 iPhone 6+ cases, 2 Note 4 cases and got an S6 Edge case just case I come up on one in the future. Thinking of getting a G4 case as well....been paying less then $5 per case with all those deals they are having lately

LOL my dude, the G4 ain't eem out yet and you tryna cop cases. 

Its like $4 shipped right now :lol:

Yeah folks was buying s6 and m9 cases weeks in advance :lol: for them prices can't go wrong..they were only a couple bucks

Cant get the slick deals code to work for the g4.

Aware me bros

Looks like its no longer available for the G4...The only deals working right now are for the iPhone 6 and 6+

Just keep an eye out tho cause these deals seem to come up every week or 2 and I imagine they will have a few more deals for the G4 since the release is still a few months out

Man I need to stay off slickdeals
mean.gif
....got me buying cases for no reason....so far I've bought 3 iPhone 6+ cases, 2 Note 4 cases and got an S6 Edge case just case I come up on one in the future. Thinking of getting a G4 case as well....been paying less then $5 per case with all those deals they are having lately
You gotta chill mane 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm one step closer to team naked with my 2014 Moto X... switched out the case for just a bumper. It makes it a little wider but I've gotten used to it. Plus I like being able to actually feel the bamboo back.

I want to use it without a case because I think it's such a great design and feels so good in hand, but I'm afraid of breaking it.

I just know with my luck I'll use a case/bumper for 6 months. And the 2nd day of no protection, it's hitting the pavement.

Last edited:

I'm one step closer to team naked with my 2014 Moto X... switched out the case for just a bumper. It makes it a little wider but I've gotten used to it. Plus I like being able to actually feel the bamboo back.

I want to use it without a case because I think it's such a great design and feels so good in hand, but I'm afraid of breaking it.

I just know with my luck I'll use a case/bumper for 6 months. And the 2nd day of no protection, it's hitting the pavement.
I drop all my phones pretty much every day [I'm mad clumsy] with no case/screen protector and I've only had one screen break in like 6 years. Them phones durable, bruh. 

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat.. I really don't want to buy a case / screen protector but my phone doesn't have any insurance.. :smh:

Did you sign up for the 5.1 test?

Man I need to stay off slickdeals :smh: ....got me buying cases for no reason....so far I've bought 3 iPhone 6+ cases, 2 Note 4 cases and got an S6 Edge case just case I come up on one in the future. Thinking of getting a G4 case as well....been paying less then $5 per case with all those deals they are having lately

You gotta chill mane :lol: :lol:

:lol: I have a Note 4 and an iPhone 6+ just not the S6 Edge...yet

Now I know why people sell phones on CL with like 5 cases :lol:

Don't go naked on the X bruh. Most any drop on the front/sides and it'll be dunzo due to the curved glass display. Settle the bumper, the phone is on the fragile side. I take the bumper off every now and again but know that's not smart long term.

Back
Top Bottom