• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On that note, not sure if its been posted but the Project Ara site is live and the dev kit has been released.

http://www.projectara.com

I really can't wait for this to come out. Instanteously copped.

this is one phone i want to succeed, i think its a game changer, but i have strong doubts because people don't like change. also to a less tech savy population, this would be a hard sell.

for example, the iphone markets itself as a simple easy to use powerhouse. id bet money that the avg iphone user couldn't tell u the processor or ram on the iphone. or camera aperture...or w.e. so why would i expect this same population to try this phone but understand that specific hardware components are upgradable? they wouldn't know how to answer "do i need more RAM to run this?".

what do u guys think?

for example, the iphone markets itself as a simple easy to use powerhouse. id bet money that the avg iphone user couldn't tell u the processor or ram on the iphone. or camera aperture...or w.e. so why would i expect this same population to try this phone but understand that specific hardware components are upgradable? they wouldn't know how to answer "do i need more RAM to run this?".

what do u guys think?

I agree 100%. Especially for the first few iterations, this phone will not be very user friendly. A lot of people want to be able to take a phone out of the box and be able to easily get their apps, talk to their friends, etc. I think these phones will be huge for the young crowd, foreign countries, and developers... But thats about it. I don't think anyone expects Ara to have as big of an imprint as the flagship android and iOS devices.

1+ years in.. is the Oneplusone still worth a cop?  IPS, 1080P is "antiquated" by todays standards.  How is the battery life holding up etc?

Last edited:
As far as battery life is concerned the OPO should still be up there with the best. I don't know when or what's going on with the OP2 but the one is still a pretty good cop. I'm sure you can find one on CL for dirt.

tmobile note 4 root on a mac is not happening.

fired up an old windows laptop...now running 5.1.1 CM12.1 on my note 4.

like a boss.

tmobile note 4 root on a mac is not happening.

fired up an old windows laptop...now running 5.1.1 CM12.1 on my note 4.

like a boss.

3 hours SOT coming up.

3 hours SOT coming up.

Plus the phone getting wild hot during use

im not even a day into the ROM so ill keep an eye on the battery stats. it got wild hot during installation and all that. it was a breeze to do on windows tho.

off the bat, instantly i see performance boost. its a nightly so its the may 10 build. everything works. i have to figure out the camera, because apparently there is 4k recording on it, but it doesn't have photosphere or HDR. may have to get google camera or something idk.

i lost wifi calling and possibly VoLTE. ill prolly have to flash a stock touchwiz rom for those features. but i can't see why that can't be added in the future. not the end of the world, but wifi calling was very useful. i hope code can get added later on to add these features.

calendar has a bug, surprisingly, and im not sure i read that this was an issue so ill look into it. also i think cyanogenmod has its own calendar app which isn't as nice as google calendar so ill prolly just replace it altogether.

all apps work like a charm so far. google maps loads instantly. the app drawer which was blatantly slow on stock touchwiz 5.0, is instantaneous.

so far so good. not using the android nav icons, still using samsung home button and touch buttons as well.

Last edited:
im not even a day into the ROM so ill keep an eye on the battery stats. it got wild hot during installation and all that. it was a breeze to do on windows tho.

off the bat, instantly i see performance boost. its a nightly so its the may 10 build. everything works. i have to figure out the camera, because apparently there is 4k recording on it, but it doesn't have photosphere or HDR. may have to get google camera or something idk.

i lost wifi calling and possibly VoLTE. ill prolly have to flash a stock touchwiz rom for those features. but i can't see why that can't be added in the future. not the end of the world, but wifi calling was very useful. i hope code can get added later on to add these features.

calendar has a bug, surprisingly, and im not sure i read that this was an issue so ill look into it. also i think cyanogenmod has its own calendar app which isn't as nice as google calendar so ill prolly just replace it altogether.

all apps work like a charm so far. google maps loads instantly. the app drawer which was blatantly slow on stock touchwiz 5.0, is instantaneous.

so far so good. not using the android nav icons, still using samsung home button and touch buttons as well.

Its crazy how smooth lollipop is right? And the lockscreen notifications on that rom just makes it perfect on the note 4

I flashed lollipop a few times. Having 3 hours SOT made me go back tho. I should try tmobile lollipop update ota. People on google plus been saying they're getting 6 hours

so far i've got just under 2 days left on battery and im at 71%. SOT is 1hr 11min.

Its crazy how smooth lollipop is right? And the lockscreen notifications on that rom just makes it perfect on the note 4

I flashed lollipop a few times. Having 3 hours SOT made me go back tho. I should try tmobile lollipop update ota. People on google plus been saying they're getting 6 hours

yea double tapping on notifications to go straight to them was sorely missed on touchwiz. but its much faster.

maybe im not a heavy phone user, but battery life seems as good to me...

So I got my 128GB S6, fixed the soft brick. Turns out it came with a case and tempered glass protector. All for under 500. Knox warranty is tripped though. Not sure if I should sell or not. 

still would be worth a lot of money. if u spent $ to fix it tho sounds like u wanna rock it for a bit..
laugh.gif
 Nah I fixed it myself. Seller kinda took the L cause he didn't know that Samsung replaced Kies with Smart Switch. Phone was a steal, but I'm still feeling that G4. 

Back
Top Bottom