• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get 5 Hours SOT on my Note 4 with Arcadia Rom and the stock Kernel, and this is with no Wifi for 90% of the day. Back when I first got it I was getting 6 but now BBM is always running in the background and I'm sure thats whats causing the extra drain. But 5 hours on 4G is great to me coming from the Nexus line.

Samesies

I tried the new firekat but Arcadia really seems like it's the best rom for battery. At least for me

Lasts me the whole day and then some

For someone who calls himself a "tech-head," how do you call flashing a rom "too much work"? Sure, there's a learning curve, but once you understand the basic concepts and set the foundations needed, it takes one download and a few minutes to update a rom. Maybe 20 minutes if you're doing a clean flash.

[COLOR=#red]
For what it's worth the first time I succesfully rooted/Rom'ed was in 2010 with my OG Nexus One. I'm just not into that anymore. My involvement with tech has changed from tinkering and firmware to the actual information side of things. That's where the money is.

Sidenote: I have the new WIndows 10 running flawlessly on my Surface Pro 3, and I'm so impressed that I'm definitely going with a Windows 10 phone when the new ones release. Gonna keep my Note 4 since I use it for apps I need for my upcoming business (a new thread coming for that soon :lol: )[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Dat Windows 10 Lyfe :smokin[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I wanted to do the whole developer build but ain't feel like doing through all that.
How long did it take you with all the drivers?

[COLOR=#red]I started it before going to sleep. I got up and it was done. Had been 3 hours. I waited until now to install it because the first few builds were buggy and didn't have all the features. All my programs works with this build and it has Cortana and the new Spartan browser. Feels like a final release product no issues.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I started it before going to sleep. I got up and it was done. Had been 3 hours. I waited until now to install it because the first few builds were buggy and didn't have all the features. All my programs works with this build and it has Cortana and the new Spartan browser. Feels like a final release product no issues.[/COLOR]

Where?

Last edited:
Cortana and Spartan Browser. Just run Halo into the ground Microsoft, just go ahead and do it. Keep sullying the franchises name with your terrible products

Last edited:
any fellow N6 users in need of a case? I just bought one last week for my new phone not knowing that Google was going to send me a little gift set with a case I actually like better.

http://www.spigen.com/products/nexus-6-case-neo-hybrid?variant=1181962345 gunmetal color.

Let me know if anyone needs it. I used it for about 3 days so its still like new. If you want to pay for expedited shipping you can, otherwise i'll just drop it in the mail.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

[COLOR=#red]The instructions say you have to save it to a USB or convert the ISO file to burn to a DVD to install. Well all I did was download it and ran the install directly from the file.

To keep this Android related Windows 10 will be able to run Android Apps. (Well some of them anyway).[/COLOR]

good look.
fareal

I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

I been wanting to install all my programs but I knew so wasn't even going to attempt to stick with 8.1

I can go ahead and get my **** installed.

:pimp:

Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell >>>>>>>>>>>>> Windows 7

The Metro UI is terrible but Classic Shell takes care of that.

Today, Samsung is making that rumored “Iron Man” edition of the Galaxy S6 Edge very official through Twitter. Previously written up, but with no official images to include, Samsung provides a look at the upcoming retail box for the device, and seriously, it looks pretty sweet. 

The frontside of the packaging includes the Iron Man helmet, and inside, well, we’re guessing the phone is in there. At this time, there are no official images for the device itself, but this previous render is said to be pretty close to what customers can expect.

According to Samsung, the device will be limited to select markets in select regions, naturally. This means, the phone will likely not be very easy to come by, should you live overseas. However, Samsung has yet to give official pricing and details.

[COLOR=#red]Windows 10 is superior to 8.1 even in it's near to finished build. They got it right this time and especially since it's a darn near unified platform with the PC, Tablets, and Phones which Apple fails to do by having Mac OSX and iOS. I especially like how it automatically behaves different depending on when I use my SP3 as a laptop, or as a Tablet. Like I said, I stayed away from the early builds of Windows 10 so that my user experienced wouldn't be tainted, but every program I had running on 8.1 works flawlessly on 10, even the super finicky ArcGIS, that surprised the heck out of me. Finally Windows has multiple virtual desktops that you can customize and easily drag and drop programs in between.

Oh and to keep this Android related it will run a lot of Android apps :lol:
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I'd be OK with windows 8.1 if it wasn't so damn sluggish and the constant redirects to the touch interface UI pisses me off too. Can't even downgrade to Win7 without huge risk(driver malfunction[wi-fi], and partition problems).

Want to try Windows 10, but I'll wait for a stable RTM and do a clean install then. Should be released really soon (June) anyway.

I'd be OK with windows 8.1 if it wasn't so damn sluggish and the constant redirects to the touch interface UI pisses me off too. Can't even downgrade to Win7 without huge risk(driver malfunction[wi-fi], and partition problems).

Like I mentioned, use Classic Shell so you don't have to deal with the Metro UI. Windows 8.1 is FAR from sluggish compared to W7.

Fast Start with an SSD is ridiculous. From power button to log-in screen takes like 3 seconds. Those days of booting up the computer, going to the fridge for a snack, and coming back to still see the Windows boot-up screen are gone.

Back
Top Bottom