• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The reason why these phones with the skins don't make it past 6 months without shenanigans is because Android's biggest competition is itself.

I'd have to disagree. Android prides itself on being open-source which is a gift and a curse. The thing that screws Android up are the manufacturers and the carriers. Thinking about it, Android phones are like Microsoft PCs when it comes to bloatware. Android releases an update, it has to go to the phone manufacturer for testing and to apply their skin, which has to be tested after that. THEN it has to be shipped to the carrier for the same process except replace skin w/ bloatware.

If Android were to go the Apple route and become a closed-source OS, people would be upset.....but how upset?

I am not really sure about all of that but things would be better is my point.

And I think the fact that they release so many phones works against them. That is another reason why they have the carrier issues they have. The carriers are going to always want to push the latest and greatest phone.

This stuff is fine for the average consumer but not for us :smh:

Last edited:
I am not really sure about all of that but things would be better is my point.

And I think the fact that they release so many phones works against them. That is another reason why they have the carrier issues they have. The carriers are going to always want to push the latest and greatest phone.

This stuff is fine for the average consumer but not for us :smh:

Yea, same w/ Microsoft. But at this point, do they cut the licensing or change the manufacturing agreement to limit the production of so many phones a year from each manufacturer? They didn't have have the movement and powerhouse behind them like Apple so it's like they had no choice but to license to any and everybody. Now we'ere seeing the effects.

I would be inclined to say that it is getting better now, the price of top tier phones have dropped because everybody's competing. The Moto X Pure is easily a phone that could sell for $600+ for the 16GB model. Let LG, Samsung, and Apple keep gauging for phones, that'll leave the solid inexpensive phones for us :lol:

So my s5 somehow deleted my entire homepage. I tried doing a cache reset and nothing happened. Anyone know of any methods that would allow me to retrieve my homepage? I know a factory reset is an option, but I'd rather use that as a last resort.

So my s5 somehow deleted my entire homepage. I tried doing a cache reset and nothing happened. Anyone know of any methods that would allow me to retrieve my homepage? I know a factory reset is an option, but I'd rather use that as a last resort.

your homepage? as in your homescreen (icons,widgets, etc ...)?

Last edited:

Yes, the page and apps that were set as my homescreen somehow disappeared. The page that was my second screen is now set as my homescreen. I've managed to recreate the layout of my original homescreen on another page, but this recreated page is not officially set as my homescreen. How can i set it as my official homescreen?

Last edited:

Yes, the page and apps that were set as my homescreen somehow disappeared. The page that was my second screen is now set as my homescreen. I've managed to recreate the layout of my original homescreen on another page, but this recreated page is not officially set as my homescreen. How can i set it as my official homescreen?

Are you using a launcher?

Anyone else using the today calendar app and widget. Went ahead and brought the pro version! Its the first app i paid for haha. I really like the widget and how clean it looks. 

Never mind just saw it's only available in the black and white, plus T-Mobile only has the 32 GB available for preorder.

I wonder if you can trade in more than one phone?
nerd.gif
is this only in store? how do you know which phones they accept for the trade in?

I'm in Chicago right now and T-Mobile's coverage is iffy at least when I go indoors. 
mean.gif

Also, someone finally noticed that I had an OPO. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Are you using a launcher?

Launcher? Can't say I know what that is...:lol:

I "resolved" the issue, somewhat.

I simply recreated the homescreen. The only hitch is that this recreation is not set as my official homescreen, and I don't know how to fix that particular issue. My official homescreen is really the 2nd page of my apps. When my originally homescreen got deleted somehow, the 2nd page of my app screen became my default homescreen.

I'm the type of dude that hates change, so this is the kind of ishh that grinds my gear...:lol:

If you downloaded a custom launcher, something like Nova or Apex, whatever you set as your homescreen(s) could be saved. So however you set up your apps, widgets, etc. can all be restored in case something like that happens again. It also gives you more options in terms of how you have everything set up, different rows and columns, app icons, etc.

Back
Top Bottom