• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Any recommendations on a tablet under $150? Got her one of those amazon tablets and it was terrible... She's using an iPad mini now but doesn't like IOS so I am looking for an android tablet now. Mainly going to be used to Skype and play some games
Last year's Nexus
You should be able to find one in the $200 range used, but new might be out of that $150 price range 

has anyone unlocked an iphone 6s plus through sprint before? I bought with my upgrade the other day with the intention of selling it to cover the cost of my 6p, basically the profit cancels out my 6p cost so its like I upgraded to the 6p. The situation is I have a buyer who will pay the asking price if I am able to have sprint unlock it which I know I can get done based on their sites FAQ, but will the phone need to be opened/turned on to complete the process or can Sprint do it with just like the IMEI. I haven't had a chance to call yet today which is why I ask here first cause I'm sure someones done it before. thanks in advance
Yep. Remove the phone from your account. Pretend to sell it. Call in as a buyer. Tell them the seller(you), provided your info to the buyer, so that he can get it domestically sim locked. They will unlock it there on the spot.  If they try to create a ticket, ask for a supervisor. You'll need an email address, fake or otherwise to receive the unlock info, which is basically just wiping and restoring your phone.

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...evice/7a3bf815-cfcd-4a56-925a-7a187d1c6637#!/

Last edited:
Yep. Remove the phone from your account. Pretend to sell it. Call in as a buyer. Tell them the seller(you), provided your info to the buyer, so that he can get it domestically sim locked. They will unlock it there on the spot.  If they try to create a ticket, ask for a supervisor. You'll need an email address, fake or otherwise to receive the unlock info, which is basically just wiping and restoring your phone.

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...evice/7a3bf815-cfcd-4a56-925a-7a187d1c6637#!/

appreciate that info, going to do that when we switch from sprint to tmobile, but thankfully someone off CL just came through and offered asking price without having to unlock it tonight :smokin

also this 6p is incredible. still waiting on my sprint SIM card to arrive in the mail, but just playing around with it, the thing is amazing. Going to root tonight and install cataclysm rom

EDIT: can anyone recommend me a good app to transfer all my music, pics, and texts to my new phone. coming from an M9. I have always used HTC phones so I am a bit spoled by the HTC transfer tool which always worked flawlessly, but unfortunately that isn't an option anymore going from M9 to nexus

Last edited:
anyone here own a nexus player? I'm thinking of buying one however I am not sure if it justifies spending $50 to run Kodi

Every time I see the 360 at work I just wanna put it on the credit card so bad. I'll probably grab a new phone before the watch though. For anyone who has this watch, how do you like it and is it worth the full retail price?

Only deals I've seen so far are the ones for the Apple watch and fitbits. I've been scouring the land of BF deals for deals on Android watches too

Gents, I just received an invite for a OnePlus X, but I'm not planning on parting with my Nexus 5 just yet.

If anyone's interested, PM me with your e-mail and I will send that over, on the strength. First come, first serve.

purple sneaks purple sneaks Do NOT buy a 360 at full price. Motorola has sales for just about every holiday, so at the very least you should wait until you can get 10-15% off.

Whether or not you like it and think it's worth that price is entirely dependent on you and your preferences. I got one of the first gen 360s about a year ago for a steal and wound up taking it back. At the time, Android Wear was still in its infant stages and didn't have a whole lot to offer. I usually wear traditional watches, so the lack of compelling features coupled with the battery issues on the earlier versions of the 360s firmware made it a little too gimmicky for me at the time (why would I wear a watch that needs to be charged every 8-12 hours?)

Now that Wear is a little more mature, I might go for one. The Urbane 2 looked promising... Till they started pulling it from shelves :/

anyone here own a nexus player? I'm thinking of buying one however I am not sure if it justifies spending $50 to run Kodi

I have 2 and it runs kodi like a champ. I'm still on 5.0 though, heard there's some casting issues with 6.0. I highly recommend it for a kodi player. Having the play store is a plus also.

I have 2 and it runs kodi like a champ. I'm still on 5.0 though, heard there's some casting issues with 6.0. I highly recommend it for a kodi player. Having the play store is a plus also.
Anything you use it for other than Kodi?

Think I'm going to get my wife the Zenwatch 2. It's not the best but it's a nice entry level watch for her, especially since she might not like it :lol: If not that then the Pebble Time. It's still limited in skills compared to its counterparts but the battery and price alone are enough.

I guess I'm asking why should I buy a nexus player over a chromecast. They seem to both do the same things.

Ah, well if you have a OTG cable you can expand the storage, or if you have a Bluetooth devices you can hook them up to the player. I don't any experience with the new Chromecast, but I have several of the older models and the player is a lot more robust. Player also allows you to sideload apps. I haven't tinkered too much with it, because I just mainly use it as a kodi box. Player also runs Android TV OS. Not sure if the new Chromecast has an OS on it with a GUI. Also, you get a remote with voice recognition with the player.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're a Showbox and YouTube kind of guy the Chromecast will suit you just fine. However for $50 that Nexus Player will do everything your Chromecast does and more as Rillo said

Sidenote I tried the 2nd gen Chromecast and ended up returning it. It was not significantly better than my OG one to warrant replacing it

Last edited:
I was gonna grab a unlocked fire stick but I'm thinkin' now maybe that nexus doohicky would be better

What's the cheapest option if I want to get kodi on the tv? Chromecast? Fire stick?

Firestick on Black Friday. It'll be $25 and you can sideload Kodi

Yall have to understand that the Chromecast does not have a native UI. It's almost a bridge between your device and your tv. It is only as great as the apps that work w/ it. It's awesome for the price but if you want to do more then the Nexus Player for $50 (which I've yet to find for that price :lol:) and the Fire Stick (especially on BF) are your best bets.

purple sneaks purple sneaks Do NOT buy a 360 at full price. Motorola has sales for just about every holiday, so at the very least you should wait until you can get 10-15% off.

Whether or not you like it and think it's worth that price is entirely dependent on you and your preferences. I got one of the first gen 360s about a year ago for a steal and wound up taking it back. At the time, Android Wear was still in its infant stages and didn't have a whole lot to offer. I usually wear traditional watches, so the lack of compelling features coupled with the battery issues on the earlier versions of the 360s firmware made it a little too gimmicky for me at the time (why would I wear a watch that needs to be charged every 8-12 hours?)

Now that Wear is a little more mature, I might go for one. The Urbane 2 looked promising... Till they started pulling it from shelves :/

Thanks I was leaning towards waiting for a sale. I really like how it looks more like a casual watch than the Samsung or Apple watch.

Got the Fire Stick for $19 when they first came out. I've had Kodi installed on it for a while, but it's starting to get a bit sluggish. Still on an older version, so I might just need to update it. Great when it works though.

^ Slickdeals is ta truth! I check that site several times a day!

Last edited:
I find the fire stick works great if it's close to your router and depending on the placement of your HDMI slot. My router is in the other side of the house and it would choke up while streaming. I have another fire stick that's connected to my "game room" monitor and it's in the same room as the router and it runs flawless. NFL sport streams, no issues. A lot of different factors come into play with WiFi streaming.

Back
Top Bottom