Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aight I need some help.

I got a G1 and rooted it a couple months ago. Flashed roms on it and all that but I'm not an expert or anything. Couple weeks back my phone froze. It would boot up to the unlock screen but I couldn't do anything else so I decided to boot into recovery (home and power button) and restore to a backup point. Booted the phone up and everything was cool, still had my custom rom there, screen and buttons were responding again but the phone was laggin' like crazy. So I decided to boot up recovery again and wipe the phone and return it to factory settings and like re-root the phone. Along the way I f'd something up and now every time I try to go into recovery, I get stuck on the triangle with exclamation point screen. If I try to boot up holding the camera button and power, I get stuck on the rainbow colored screen and it says "serial0". The phone still boots up but it's like I don't have root anymore. What can I do from here?

Aight I need some help.

I got a G1 and rooted it a couple months ago. Flashed roms on it and all that but I'm not an expert or anything. Couple weeks back my phone froze. It would boot up to the unlock screen but I couldn't do anything else so I decided to boot into recovery (home and power button) and restore to a backup point. Booted the phone up and everything was cool, still had my custom rom there, screen and buttons were responding again but the phone was laggin' like crazy. So I decided to boot up recovery again and wipe the phone and return it to factory settings and like re-root the phone. Along the way I f'd something up and now every time I try to go into recovery, I get stuck on the triangle with exclamation point screen. If I try to boot up holding the camera button and power, I get stuck on the rainbow colored screen and it says "serial0". The phone still boots up but it's like I don't have root anymore. What can I do from here?

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by amel223

Just try it.  The emulator experience is different for every phone.  It didn't work for me.  *shrug

What phone and what emulator did you use?
this..

also it costs, i dont wanna buy it ant it not work lol
I have the g2 and I tried psx4droid.  Didn't work.  Idk why. 

I did everything I was supposed to do: I d/led the scph1001.bin put it in the same folder with the unzipped games I d/led from rombuddy psx but the psx games couldn't make it past the loading screen. 

If anyone has alternative emulators and roms to suggest, I'd gladly listen. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

What is so good about the CyanogenMod ROM ?
its supposed to be the 'best rom out there', but the battery life on that was
sick.gif
for me. Its basically a Non-Sense Rom with some iight features imo.

on CM6 I can't do the things like i want to like on MIUI.

Good for people that wanna keep HTC Sense. Unrevoked if piff too...  Youtube them.

I'm gonna try Warm two point two Rom first. It's a lot stabler than Cyanogen is I heard.

All Roms aren't all that different btw. Just different little widgets, lockscreens, etc...

its supposed to be the 'best rom out there', but the battery life on that was
sick.gif
for me. Its basically a Non-Sense Rom with some iight features imo.

on CM6 I can't do the things like i want to like on MIUI.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by amel223

Just try it.  The emulator experience is different for every phone.  It didn't work for me.  *shrug

What phone and what emulator did you use?
this..

also it costs, i dont wanna buy it ant it not work lol
I have the g2 and I tried psx4droid.  Didn't work.  Idk why. 

I did everything I was supposed to do: I d/led the scph1001.bin put it in the same folder with the unzipped games I d/led from rombuddy psx but the psx games couldn't make it past the loading screen. 

If anyone has alternative emulators and roms to suggest, I'd gladly listen. 

Good for people that wanna keep HTC Sense. Unrevoked if piff too...  Youtube them.

I'm gonna try Warm two point two Rom first. It's a lot stabler than Cyanogen is I heard.

All Roms aren't all that different btw. Just different little widgets, lockscreens, etc...

It runs similar to Sense.

Anyway, If you don't want bloatware, just delete the crap apps with Titanium Backup & use Unrevoked. Thats what I did on my Evo. Mad snappy & better battery life.

I hate the way Androids lag when you landscape the home screens. HTC Sense was good money cause it doesn't landscape automatically outta the box. With the Evo Shift 4G phone, they might update both EVO's so that it does....wack.

It runs similar to Sense.

Anyway, If you don't want bloatware, just delete the crap apps with Titanium Backup & use Unrevoked. Thats what I did on my Evo. Mad snappy & better battery life.

I hate the way Androids lag when you landscape the home screens. HTC Sense was good money cause it doesn't landscape automatically outta the box. With the Evo Shift 4G phone, they might update both EVO's so that it does....wack.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

On the fence about getting this G2 with tmobile... I want it but it seems like something better is gonna come out and Ill be stuck ...

Any G2 owners like what they have, and recommend me pulling trigger on the phone???

nerd.gif

On the fence about getting this G2 with tmobile... I want it but it seems like something better is gonna come out and Ill be stuck ...

Any G2 owners like what they have, and recommend me pulling trigger on the phone???

nerd.gif

To those who've had experience with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, how do you guys like it?...Any special features besides the 8.1 MP camera?

To those who've had experience with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, how do you guys like it?...Any special features besides the 8.1 MP camera?

nerd.gif
why not get the nexus s?

Back
Top Bottom