Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

does anyone do android stuff with a mac?

like roms and stuff idk im sort of new to make and i always use my old dinosaur pc to do it and just takes a super long time

I do. But its easier on the pc tho.Freshkrn, what u mean? All backgrounds are NOT created equal, u really have to play with em to see which one fits best. Sometimes launcher pro helps too.

like roms and stuff idk im sort of new to make and i always use my old dinosaur pc to do it and just takes a super long time

I do. But its easier on the pc tho.Freshkrn, what u mean? All backgrounds are NOT created equal, u really have to play with em to see which one fits best. Sometimes launcher pro helps too.

nobody ever will, i just went thru 10 different wallpapers just to find the right one that will fit.

thats why i only eff with grain/textured wallpapers
tired.gif

nobody ever will, i just went thru 10 different wallpapers just to find the right one that will fit.

thats why i only eff with grain/textured wallpapers
tired.gif

i hate swipe it always puts different words if i try to spell "always" it will spell "ashtray"

They fixed all that in the last update.

Pretty much perfected now.

i hate swipe it always puts different words if i try to spell "always" it will spell "ashtray"

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Can you post a link to that?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Can you post a link to that?

Yeah. I've had some success with the Heimdall application, which works a lot like Odin, if you're looking for something to flash kernels or something. But I think only us Samsung people need to use applications like that.

I've had my mac ever since getting android devices and never had too many issues. I can try to help you with any issues that you have, just hit my pm box.

ALSO, does anyone else have a Samsung Galaxy S series? Particularly a Vibrant? I'm currently using the Nero v2 (updating to v3 later today) and while Nero has treated me well, I'm looking for other ROMs to try out.

Yeah. I've had some success with the Heimdall application, which works a lot like Odin, if you're looking for something to flash kernels or something. But I think only us Samsung people need to use applications like that.

I've had my mac ever since getting android devices and never had too many issues. I can try to help you with any issues that you have, just hit my pm box.

ALSO, does anyone else have a Samsung Galaxy S series? Particularly a Vibrant? I'm currently using the Nero v2 (updating to v3 later today) and while Nero has treated me well, I'm looking for other ROMs to try out.

thanks popcornplaya if i run into any issues ill hit you up...

i just flashed cyangenmod for the mt4g its pretty great
pimp.gif
said i was gonna wait but they released a new update yesterday so i flashed it...

if anyone needs help doing it let me know you have to flash the google apps yourself

thanks popcornplaya if i run into any issues ill hit you up...

i just flashed cyangenmod for the mt4g its pretty great
pimp.gif
said i was gonna wait but they released a new update yesterday so i flashed it...

if anyone needs help doing it let me know you have to flash the google apps yourself

[h4]Samsung LTE phone with front-facing camera headed to Verizon?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Dec 22nd 2010 5:34PM

Let's be real: it should come as little surprise that Sammy -- a company with multiple Android phones on Verizon already -- would be joining LG, Motorola, and HTC in prepping a new model for its LTE network. Sure enough, Gizmodo has scored an alleged shot of said phone, showing Froyo (Android 2.2.1, to be specific) along with a front-facing camera and a model number of SCH-i520; it's said to feature TouchWiz (as most non-Nexus S Android phones from Samsung tend to do) and, fortunately, lacks the Bing integration that Verizon's been pushing on its low- and midrange smartphones lately. Given the company's iffy track record on getting Froyo deployed in a timely manner to the Galaxy S line, we're not sure how we'd feel about buying a new Froyo model when Gingerbread's now available -- especially with all these other LTE models that Verizon's going to have on top -- but options are good, we suppose.

post_label_VIA.gif
BGR
post_label_source.gif
Gizmodo

[h4]Samsung LTE phone with front-facing camera headed to Verizon?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Dec 22nd 2010 5:34PM

Let's be real: it should come as little surprise that Sammy -- a company with multiple Android phones on Verizon already -- would be joining LG, Motorola, and HTC in prepping a new model for its LTE network. Sure enough, Gizmodo has scored an alleged shot of said phone, showing Froyo (Android 2.2.1, to be specific) along with a front-facing camera and a model number of SCH-i520; it's said to feature TouchWiz (as most non-Nexus S Android phones from Samsung tend to do) and, fortunately, lacks the Bing integration that Verizon's been pushing on its low- and midrange smartphones lately. Given the company's iffy track record on getting Froyo deployed in a timely manner to the Galaxy S line, we're not sure how we'd feel about buying a new Froyo model when Gingerbread's now available -- especially with all these other LTE models that Verizon's going to have on top -- but options are good, we suppose.

post_label_VIA.gif
BGR
post_label_source.gif
Gizmodo

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

i have a vibrant.  i've only flashed eugene's ginger clone so far and it's ok.  i dont see anything particularly special about it....very vanilla, but it's snappy.

how's your gps with the vibrant?  have you done the GPS hardware fix?  i've NEVER been able to lock onto any satellites, so i guess i have nothing to lose.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

i have a vibrant.  i've only flashed eugene's ginger clone so far and it's ok.  i dont see anything particularly special about it....very vanilla, but it's snappy.

how's your gps with the vibrant?  have you done the GPS hardware fix?  i've NEVER been able to lock onto any satellites, so i guess i have nothing to lose.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

I still have no clue how to get the backgrounds to work/fit.

this.
I'm not sure if you saw this (I now it took me some time!), but you can actually resize the green crop tool when choosing and image as background. You got to play with it with 2 of your fingers.

What I do is search for the wallpaper size I need for my phone (look on various forum), and once I found the perfect image, I use the crop tool on the whole image..

Mo Greene wrote:
how do i get a pop up screen when i get a text (ala iphone) with the stock android messenger?
http://code.google.com/p/android-smspopup/
I'm using the 1.0.9 version on 2.1 and it's working great!

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

I still have no clue how to get the backgrounds to work/fit.

this.
I'm not sure if you saw this (I now it took me some time!), but you can actually resize the green crop tool when choosing and image as background. You got to play with it with 2 of your fingers.

What I do is search for the wallpaper size I need for my phone (look on various forum), and once I found the perfect image, I use the crop tool on the whole image..

Mo Greene wrote:
how do i get a pop up screen when i get a text (ala iphone) with the stock android messenger?
http://code.google.com/p/android-smspopup/
I'm using the 1.0.9 version on 2.1 and it's working great!

Back
Top Bottom