• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got my g3 back under warranty. I loved that phone. But damn it feels outdated n slow compared to my g5. Good backup phone so prob won't sell it. If Australia got the v20 I would have grabbed that tho no doubt. Same phone just bigger n few extra bits g5 doesn't have. Lucky international guys snap it up!

Last edited:
A 6-year-old Brooklyn boy suffered burns when one of Samsung’s recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones exploded in his hands — and his grandmother says he’s too scared to go near any other devices.

The boy was using the phone at home in East Flatbush Saturday night when it suddenly burst into flames, his grandmother said Sunday.

“The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded,” Linda Lewis said of her grandson.

“It set off alarms in my house.”

The boy’s family called 911 just before 8 p.m., and he was rushed to Downstate Medical Center with burns to his body.

“He is home now,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”

The grandmother said the family has been in contact with Samsung about the incident and declined to comment further.

Samsung has been warning users of overheating and exploding batteries in the phone — and earlier Saturday urged owners to turn the devices off immediately and take them in for an exchange.

Link

Seems like it's a wrap for da note 7 in da eyes of da general public. Folks that don't give a rat's *** about smartphones have heard of da exploding galaxy by now and this might end up effecting more than just note 7 sales since da general public can barely tell da difference between all da different model types. Although these might become a developers wet dream if Sammy if forced to sell these at a heavily discounted price.

My note 5 doesn't want to turn on. It was working fine all day and it's really hot as well. What other phones are coming out??? Might be time for the iPhone 7 plus. Is Google's new phone coming to carriers???

Link

Seems like it's a wrap for da note 7 in da eyes of da general public. Folks that don't give a rat's *** about smartphones have heard of da exploding galaxy by now and this might end up effecting more than just note 7 sales since da general public can barely tell da difference between all da different model types. Although these might become a developers wet dream if Sammy if forced to sell these at a heavily discounted price.

You been reading too many of ninjahood's posts huh :x

Man I dont want to be that oerson because it truly sucks incidents happened to people that caused personal harm AND this should not even be happening but it is ...

With that said, by now its anyones own fault for what happens when they continue using these phones. The company issued the statement and recall over a week ago so yourr using at your own discretion. If your vehicle had a major recall youd take it in asap to get handled. Assuming people have the same mindset as some in here trying to wait it out and holding on to these defective phones

Still Samsungs problem and ultimately their fault but ....

My note 5 doesn't want to turn on. It was working fine all day and it's really hot as well. What other phones are coming out??? Might be time for the iPhone 7 plus. Is Google's new phone coming to carriers???

Just say you want that iP7

Last edited:
You been reading too many of ninjahood's posts huh :x

Man I dont want to be that oerson because it truly sucks incidents happened to people that caused personal harm AND this should not even be happening but it is ...

With that said, by now its anyones own fault for what happens when they continue using these phones. The company issued the statement and recall over a week ago so yourr using at your own discretion. If your vehicle had a major recall youd take it in asap to get handled. Assuming people have the same mindset as some in here trying to wait it out and holding on to these defective phones

Still Samsungs problem and ultimately their fault but ....
Just say you want that iP7
lol I don't know man I've been looking at the v20 also but never owned an LG phone before. One thing that I hate about the note is the battery draining right after I take it off the charger

Returned my wifes Note 7 on Friday and pre ordered her an iPhone 7 plus.

Do you guys think Samsung is going to ask for their micro SD back?

Power button on my G5 died yesterday. Along with the fingerprint scanner. Phone died and had to swap the battery, thankfully it turned on after 10 minutes of trying :smh:

LG hardware been trash since at least the G2. I bet at least a couple ppl have been burned by them on multiple devices smh.

Every LG device I've used has had a catastrophic failure that made the phone unusable except the g2 and the Bluetooth in that stopped working for me.

Last edited:
Don't know what to get when my upgrade comes
OnePlus 3 or the new Nexus phone

Or the Nexus 6P if it is sooner rather than later. 

Or an iPhone 7+ (don't kick me out the thread 
laugh.gif
)

For those of you who like the LG. I'll never get a phone with the fingerprint and power button on the back.
i would get one, i just wouldn't activate that feature

supposedly it's ok for cops to search your phone with a warrant and force you to unlock your phone if it has a fingerprint lock feature. they claim it's part of you therefore it's open to investigation/warrant search

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/05/iphone-fingerprint-search-warrant/480861/

Now that 2016's phones have been released/revealed, I'm looking forward to the S8. The fall/winter phones this year has been unexciting. I know the Nexus/Pixel hasn't been released yet, but there's enough leaked info to know that it ain't gonna be groundbreaking by any stretch.

I think smartphones have gotten to the point where I don't know what's "groundbreaking" anymore. These joints are all starting to look the same and do the same things give or take a few features like the s-pen.

I think smartphones have gotten to the point where I don't know what's "groundbreaking" anymore. These joints are all starting to look the same and do the same things give or take a few features like the s-pen.
Basically my view at this point,  I don't do anything crazy on them, all I need in one is a larger battery.

Eid Mubarak as well my brother 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom