• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Note 7 froze up on me :stoneface: and yes this is a new one. I tried to use samsung pay and it told me to set up a lock screen. once i did that it told me that i need to confirm the lock screen, don't even know what that means. after i got back in the car, i tried to enter the pin to get into the device and the screen turned black for a second and went right back to the keypad to enter the pin. i know i set it correctly because i got in a few seconds earlier. I decided to reset it, and it froze on the samsung screen. smh. gotta find an external way to do a soft reset.

*edit-Got it to work. Samsung owes me reparations for the embarrassment caused in that dunkin donuts.

Last edited:
Note 7 froze up on me :stoneface: and yes this is a new one. I tried to use samsung pay and it told me to set up a lock screen. once i did that it told me that i need to confirm the lock screen, don't even know what that means. after i got back in the car, i tried to enter the pin to get into the device and the screen turned black for a second and went right back to the keypad to enter the pin. i know i set it correctly because i got in a few seconds earlier. I decided to reset it, and it froze on the samsung screen. smh. gotta find an external way to do a soft reset.

Why I hopped off team Samsung, the glitches at this point are just unacceptable l, it's always something. Done compromising. If this 7 plus had multi tasking I wouldn't miss it at all

I'm sorry y'all but I still to this day don't understand why you guys are on Android but not on Nexus devices.

I don't know man there is just something about phones with skinned versions of Android + time that just don't mix. It is the same thing every time. Every year. Cheese after cheese.

It ain't even debatable to me.

It should be game set match when it comes to whatever google releases.

Last edited:
That sounds like a user error issue. It's a security measure when you set up Samsung Pay. I just link my fingerprints to avoid having to type in the pin.

@davidh1990, yes i do.

@staylurkin the s pen is the reason I didn't hold out for the v20. I use it for entirely too much. Samsung already messed up by not having a removable battery so they better get their act right.

I'm sorry y'all but I still to this day don't understand why you guys are on Android but not on Nexus devices.

I don't know man there is just something about phones with skinned versions of Android + time that just don't mix. It is the same thing every time. Every year. Cheese after cheese.

I went through my share of nexus growing pains as well. Op3 gives you very near stock Google experience, but best ever OS, was the op1 running cyanogenmod out the box...

Samsung and LG got sick cameras on their phones, I don't remember a Nexus that had a camera on par with those phones

@davidh1990, yes i do.

@staylurkin the s pen is the reason I didn't hold out for the v20. I use it for entirely too much. Samsung already messed up by not having a removable battery so they better get their act right.
how is it?? I bought the Samsung wireless charger from Amazon. Is it true that glass screen protectors don't work on the note 7??

You right but the camera is above average on the Nexus now.

There will always be a better camera but when comes to day-to-day over the course of time? You can miss with anything but a Nexus or a OPO

Last edited:
I remember when stock android used to be the wave, doesn't really matter anymore to me with people making themes on the software and not really necessary to root. Plus the cameras and battery life for the most part has been the best in the industry.

So for this iMessage thing, my macbook would need to be on at all times right? I would be better off buying an iPhone 4 or something in that case.

Wireless charger is convenient. It doesn't charge as fast as the standard one of course, but it's cool to just set it down and that's it. I keep it in the front and typically just use it when I know i won't be on my device for a while, like when I'm watching a show or if i have company over.

So for this iMessage thing, my macbook would need to be on at all times right? I would be better off buying an iPhone 4 or something in that case.

No, just an iOS7/Maverick capable device. You could also run something like this on a virtual machine, wouldn't necessarily have to be a macbook.

Last edited:
No, just an iOS7/Maverick capable device. You could also run something like this on a virtual machine, wouldn't necessarily have to be a macbook.
Funny thing is, When I look at iMessage, I see BBM all over again. At one point, BBM was the absolute best messaging service. but they refused to release it. Eventually they caved, when someone else (basically imessage) took over, since iphone market share rocketed. currently, in the US, ios, has a 43.6%market share, while Android, a little over 52%, but take that worldwide? ios drops to a measly 12%, with spikes around iphone release dates.
by the time that blackberry released bbm, in 2013 to the masses, everyone had moved on. I think the only way for imessage to survive, is to release one compatible with android. otherwise, If google ever fully focused on this, it could be a death blow for apple, which would actually be bad overall, since they push the pace at which android grows. if nothing is there, there is no reason to push the envelope.

BB had only 10% when the released BBM for everyone.

um, imessage isn't going anywhere.

bbm died because blackberry died, iPhone isn't dying so imessage never will.

um, imessage isn't going anywhere.

bbm died because blackberry died, iPhone isn't dying so imessage never will.
ios only has a 12% market share worldwide though. The numbers are staggering, considering the fact that the US market is no longer "driving" the smartphone market. Even in the US, it's become a Samsung vs Apple thing. And Apples "innovation" factor kind of died off with jobs. The consumer, even us android people need Apple to keep pushing the envelope because it pushes Android makers to push the envelope. But how much more can Apple innovate in this category? What does a phone not do now, that you want it to do, realistically? Nobody thought bb would die, especially since it was such an integral part of us govt. Communication. But it did. Lack of innovation will kill any product/company. Eventually people, even the isheep will get tired of being fleeced.

Back
Top Bottom