• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Google Play Music users, have you been having issues with the app lately? I've been trying to download some playlists for offline playback when I don't have wifi connection and I keep getting an error. "Can't download music/Will try again later" I planned to uninstall and reinstall this morning but when I did I can't seem to update the app now. I get Google Play Store Error 495 and quick googling led me to try clearing app data/cache for Play Store but no luck. I can only access the Play Music app through "Open" in Play Store. Play Music won't show up in my app drawer. Now not only can I not download my playlists, but I can't update the app either... Weird thing is that I can stream over WiFi just fine. 

Way too much for a phone. That made sense when these types of smartphones starting coming out. You were paying a premium for the nice screen, the form factor, the ability to surf online, etc. Now, you are paying double the price of a budget phone that does pretty much everything the same except maybe at 90% strength.

I'd rather just save up a little bit more money and get a nice laptop to go with my budget phone. I can keep my phone for 3 years instead of 18 months, or I can buy a budget phone, or I can buy last year's model. I could even resurrect my S3 at this point if I wanted and it would functionally do most of what a brand new flagship is doing right now.

This obsession with getting the latest flagship phone is one of the most economically unsound purchases I've ever heard of based on how little you get for how much more you pay. If it's your hobby, then great, go ahead. But otherwise realize how much money you're pissing away. Not that I'm judging anyone. I piss my money away to Comcast every month. :x

Last edited:
This generation is the first one where I told myself I'm keeping a phone until it breaks or I lose it.

If the Note 5 had expandable memory I would still be happily be using it.

Outside of the Note 7 (which had other issues), I am failing to see a flagship that really pushed the industry standard higher, or even really justified an upgrade over it's ancestor from last cycle. Like @whywesteppin  said, consumers can now keep phones for 2-3 years and not miss out on a breakthrough feature because none have been made in a few years. The S7 is not a dramatically better phone than the S6, the iPhone 7 not that much better than a 6s, and the V20 doesn't look that much better than the V10. I believe with the midrange phones improving year after year, we have reached diminishing returns when it comes to most flagships. 

And like @SneakerPro  said, this is the first gen that I am content to hold onto my phone until it breaks. Worst comes to worst, I can change the battery for $100, and continue using it for years to come. I'm curious what the 2017 crop of phones brings to the table, because as far as I am concerned 2016 has been meh at best 

Way too much for a phone. That made sense when these types of smartphones starting coming out. You were paying a premium for the nice screen, the form factor, the ability to surf online, etc. Now, you are paying double the price of a budget phone that does pretty much everything the same except maybe at 90% strength.

I'd rather just save up a little bit more money and get a nice laptop to go with my budget phone. I can keep my phone for 3 years instead of 18 months, or I can buy a budget phone, or I can buy last year's model. I could even resurrect my S3 at this point if I wanted and it would functionally do most of what a brand new flagship is doing right now.

This obsession with getting the latest flagship phone is one of the most economically unsound purchases I've ever heard of based on how little you get for how much more you pay. If it's your hobby, then great, go ahead. But otherwise realize how much money you're pissing away. Not that I'm judging anyone. I piss my money away to Comcast every month. :x

Agree on everything

Oh yeah do yourself a favor and "cut the cord" too :lol: :pimp:. All you need is tip top speed internet & streaming in 2016

$800+ for a phone, geez. Remember the days it was $200 for a new smart phone w/ 2 year contract? 

iPhone 7 users are gonna be shelling out a grand for the new exclusive color on next year's iPhone like it's nothing. Dudes going ape **** over a feature the HTC One M7 did almost 5 years ago :x

on one hand, the on contact prices still meant we were paying for the phone month to month. but now that they stopped doing that and we instead pay full price up front, have monthly prices actually improved? i don't feel like they have.

polosanddunks polosanddunks , I've been wanting to cut the cord for years. currently it's about break even based on how much extra i pay for cable TV on top of internet. the free HBO is the tiebreaker. but once that promotion ends, I'm cutting. unless they throw me another promotion :frown:

One thing good about the note 7 debacle is that they are gonna go all out for the note 8
sneak peak of the note 8 in action:

nuclear-atom-bomg-explosion-animated-gif-5.gif

So at&t and Sprint are now letting customers trade in replacement Note 7's for any device of their choosing. Verizon and T-Mobile probably following close behind. Damn Samsung, damn...

I'm riding with my Note 7 till it blow up. There's not a single device worth trading for

Back
Top Bottom