• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
perfect size for a phone IMO is the galaxy s7 and edge... you got one phone thats a perfect size in the s7 and if you want to get more room you go with the edge... really dont see a reason to carry a brick around... its cool to watch videos on your phone but with that size its not practical and can be cumbersome with a 6 inch phone

Completely agree. Phones beyond 5.5 are excessive to me. Got grown men holding their phones like a ratchet in the club cuz it won't fit in a pants pocket :lol:

:lol: **** looks goofy for sure. Girls having to use two hands to take a selfie with these big phones is goofy too

A phone... Should never be greater than the size of a person's hand IMHO. I. E. If you lay it flat on your hand, it shouldn't be more than base of palm to end of middle finger. Likewise, width wise, it shouldn't exceed the crease of your palm, to the first crease of your middle finger from the tip. Anything more, is just asking to be dropped.

Last edited:
Blackberry KeyOne officially unveiled:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Oops-BlackBerry-KeyOne-Mercury-official-all-specs-and-details_id91375

BlackBerry
KEYone
Platform Android 7.1 Nougat
Dimensions 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4 mm
180 g weight
Display 4.5-inch scratch-resistant IPS LCD
1620 x 1080p resolution
3:2 aspect ratio
System chip, RAM Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
3 GB RAM
Cameras 12MP rear, Sony IMX378 sensor, 4K video, f/2.0
8MP front camera
Storage 32 GB + microSD
Battery 3,505 mAh (non-removable)
Quick Charge 3.0
Special features Full QWERTY keyboard

BlackBerry KEYone

THE FIRST PHONE WITH A FINGERPRINT SCANNER BUILT INSIDE THE SPACE BAR KEY

As with any BlackBerry, the focus here is on the full QWERTY keyboard with customizable actions to each key and the ability to swipe on the keys for the neat flick typing function. It's also cool that the fingerprint scanner is built inside the space bar key. It's the first phone to have a finger scanner in the space bar, but then again, it's also the only modern phone with a QWERTY keyboard.

And just like other BlackBerry devices, the KEYone is extra secure: the phone has a hardened operating system, added security keys to the processor, and a pre-loaded DTEK security application. You can use this app to set your personal security standard, a more relaxed if you still want to share your life to social media, or a stricter one, if you value your security and don't want any details about your life out in public. The other signature feature that makes it stand out is the baked in BlackBerry Hub, a place that brings together all of your messages: emails, texts, social media, even with different accounts, all of this comes together in a unified BlackBerry Hub inbox.

The phone has a nice design too (it's designed by TCL, by the way), with a soft touch back material, an all-day battery life and the latest version of Android, 7.1 Nougat on board. The main 12-megapixel camera also features the excellent Sony IMX378 sensor, the same one as in the Google Pixel, which is currently one of the best camera phones out there.

The battery size comes in at the sweet 3,505 mAh, one of the largest battery for a phone with a screen measuring only 4.5 inches. The promise is for an all-day battery life, and the phone also supports the latest Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 standard, so that you can get a 50% charge on the battery in just 36 minutes.

Interestingly, there will be two U.S. and North America-bound models of the BlackBerry KEYone. One of them supports the bands for AT&T and T-Mobile (this one also has Verizon 4G LTE bands), and another one has the specific 4G LTE bands required by Sprint. This signals strong intentions to bring the phone to all major U.S. carriers. There will also be a third version made specifically for Europe, the Middle East and Africa with support for the relevant bands for those markets.

BlackBerry KeyOne

Price and Release date

The BlackBerry KEYone will be launched across the globe, but the release dates will differ for different markets. What is known is that the phone will be available starting in April. The price of the KEYone is set just below that of Apple's iPhones and Samsung's Galaxies. It's the following:

$550 in the United States
€600 in Europe
£500 in the United Kingdom[quote/]

Welp, had my Nexus 6 since it first came out, and it finally died. Phone no longer would charge so now I have to get a new phone. Went with the S7Edge. Wasn't happy having to go smaller but it's whatever.

Blackberry KeyOne officially unveiled:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Oops-BlackBerry-KeyOne-Mercury-official-all-specs-and-details_id91375

BlackBerry
KEYone
Platform Android 7.1 Nougat
Dimensions 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4 mm
180 g weight
Display 4.5-inch scratch-resistant IPS LCD
1620 x 1080p resolution
3:2 aspect ratio
System chip, RAM Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
3 GB RAM
Cameras 12MP rear, Sony IMX378 sensor, 4K video, f/2.0
8MP front camera
Storage 32 GB + microSD
Battery 3,505 mAh (non-removable)
Quick Charge 3.0
Special features Full QWERTY keyboard

BlackBerry KEYone

THE FIRST PHONE WITH A FINGERPRINT SCANNER BUILT INSIDE THE SPACE BAR KEY

As with any BlackBerry, the focus here is on the full QWERTY keyboard with customizable actions to each key and the ability to swipe on the keys for the neat flick typing function. It's also cool that the fingerprint scanner is built inside the space bar key. It's the first phone to have a finger scanner in the space bar, but then again, it's also the only modern phone with a QWERTY keyboard.

And just like other BlackBerry devices, the KEYone is extra secure: the phone has a hardened operating system, added security keys to the processor, and a pre-loaded DTEK security application. You can use this app to set your personal security standard, a more relaxed if you still want to share your life to social media, or a stricter one, if you value your security and don't want any details about your life out in public. The other signature feature that makes it stand out is the baked in BlackBerry Hub, a place that brings together all of your messages: emails, texts, social media, even with different accounts, all of this comes together in a unified BlackBerry Hub inbox.

The phone has a nice design too (it's designed by TCL, by the way), with a soft touch back material, an all-day battery life and the latest version of Android, 7.1 Nougat on board. The main 12-megapixel camera also features the excellent Sony IMX378 sensor, the same one as in the Google Pixel, which is currently one of the best camera phones out there.

The battery size comes in at the sweet 3,505 mAh, one of the largest battery for a phone with a screen measuring only 4.5 inches. The promise is for an all-day battery life, and the phone also supports the latest Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 standard, so that you can get a 50% charge on the battery in just 36 minutes.

Interestingly, there will be two U.S. and North America-bound models of the BlackBerry KEYone. One of them supports the bands for AT&T and T-Mobile (this one also has Verizon 4G LTE bands), and another one has the specific 4G LTE bands required by Sprint. This signals strong intentions to bring the phone to all major U.S. carriers. There will also be a third version made specifically for Europe, the Middle East and Africa with support for the relevant bands for those markets.

BlackBerry KeyOne

Price and Release date

The BlackBerry KEYone will be launched across the globe, but the release dates will differ for different markets. What is known is that the phone will be available starting in April. The price of the KEYone is set just below that of Apple's iPhones and Samsung's Galaxies. It's the following:

$550 in the United States
€600 in Europe
£500 in the United Kingdom[quote/]
I remember when I couldn't live without a physical keyboard. Nowadays, touch keyboards are so much more accurate and faster. Not to mention autocorrect has mature enough where you get the correct thing most of the time. BB really could have kept skin in the game by keeping BB messenger. Instead, Imessage rules the land in that sense. Sad.

G6 is practically the same size as the 5 with a .4" larger screen. It's actually a little narrower, phone seems pretty legit.

Last edited:
Was hoping LG kept the ir blaster on the g6, oh well. The size of the phone is appealing as hell though, getting tired of big phones.

I went from wanting the 3T to the Axon 7 to now just waiting to see what comes next from the 2 brands.

And now a new player has entered the fold in Alcatel. I like what I've seen for the Idol 4S. Flossy gave it a good review.

Just waiting on any new batch of phones to see if I should go with the latest-greatest in these mid-range options, or get last year's models at even better prices.

Again, these carriers aren't slick, cutting prices just to add fees and have you pay for the phone on top of all that, making any discounted plan service null.

It's using a 3 year old camera sensor & last gen's SoC. And it now has a non-removable battery so any reason to go with LG's flagship is pretty much gone. Screen sounds nice though.

It's using a 3 year old camera sensor & last gen's SoC. And it now has a non-removable battery so any reason to go with LG's flagship is pretty much gone. Screen sounds nice though.
LG has a great reputation as far as cameras so no worries there and Samsung is hogging all of the 835 SoC's so that couldn't be helped. Also, you lose battery removal once you go glass which sucks but at least the hardware looks good, I believe for now on they'll keep the removable battery with the "V" series. I believe LG wanted to make this classy so there should be an audience for that since they're known to be not as elegant as Samsungs and iPhones. I like the direction they're taking and hopefully no bootloop problems.

Xperia XZ Premium unveiled with 4K HDR display and Motion Eye camera with super slow motion video

Snapdragon 835 processor
4GB RAM
64GB ROM, expandable via MicroSD
Android 7.0
4K HDR display
19MP rear and 13MP front camera. Rear using new sensor with built in DRAM
960 FPS capture at 720p resolution
Gorilla Glass 5 loop design around the entire phone
IP65/68 dust/water resistant
3,230 mAh battery
USB Type C

4K + HDR on a phone = my next phone.
Dat new sensor as well. Waiting to see some sample shots and videos.

Nice looking phone even though it always looks similar. I for one think the XA series looks better with no side-bezels. Glad Sony is going 4K and pushing boundaries. Apple and Samsung needs more competition.

Back
Top Bottom