• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F6LtKSP.png

cpC0pBh.png

https://www.oneplus.com/oneplus-6

Mirror Black, Midnight Black, and Silk White

Wireless charging would have been cool, same with certified water resistance (rather than what they're offering), but those are the compromises you make based on the price.

I wanted to get the Midnight Black but that's a price bump, but I'm just going to put it in a case anyway, probably the Sandstone one I used for my 3T.

529? I can do that. I'm going to see what the reviews say about the camera and battery life. Honestly, both would have to be awful for me to be swayed. The Google Camera port drastically improved my 3T's performance and with DASH charging, battery life will always be helped out.

Wireless charging would have been cool, same with certified water resistance (rather than what they're offering), but those are the compromises you make based on the price.

I wanted to get the Midnight Black but that's a price bump, but I'm just going to put it in a case anyway, probably the Sandstone one I used for my 3T.

529? I can do that. I'm going to see what the reviews say about the camera and battery life. Honestly, both would have to be awful for me to be swayed. The Google Camera port drastically improved my 3T's performance and with DASH charging, battery life will always be helped out.

Agreed I think they arent deal breakers especially with DASH charging. The middle price point of 579 seems to be the sweet spot. You get more RAM and storage and all the color choices.

Though I still may go with the gloss back, midnight black is very tempting. I think I am sold and will put my order in. This will be my first phone back into android in a long time. Wifey will just have to live with the green bubbles lol.

Yeah, I've been waiting on this one. I know Oneplus releases the T version 6 months later, but I'm not too worried about them having some groundbreaking new stuff by that version. Probably wireless charging and full waterproofing :lol:

Short of an awful battery or far worse camera, I'm ready.

Nice phone, I stopped having a problem with the notch after I seen the P20 in person. G7, P20, OP6, they all look good.

Edit: The frosted glass looks amazing.

Dam all 3 look great. Might have to hit up the pop up on Monday and see them in person. I just hate waiting in line. Right now it’s frosted glass vs white

They were giving away popsockets at that samsung event and it is much useful than I thought. The fact that it doubles as a stand is clutch. I misplaced one of my cases weeks ago and finally found it today. I rarely lose stuff like that so it was a relief.

Nobody's talking about this YouTube Music/YouTube Premium stuff??

YouTube Red is now YouTube Premium, YouTube Music partially replacing Google Play Music
Corbin Davenport

Google's current services for music and video overlap a bit... to say the least. There's YouTube Red, which gives you ad-free videos and some bonus features. Then you have YouTube Music, which is more oriented towards music videos, and requires a YouTube Red subscription. Google Play Music is purely music-based, and functions as both a streaming service (like Spotify) and a storage location for your vast collection of MP3s.

Rumors have been circulating for months about a new service, believed to be named 'YouTube Remix.' It would replace Google Play Music, and presumably YouTube Music as well. We discovered the 'YouTube Premium' name in an APK teardown last month, adding more to the mystery. Today, Google has unveiled not one, but two new YouTube products. Kinda.

Let's start with YouTube Premium, which is replacing YouTube Red. You still get no ads on videos, background playback on mobile, and the ability to save videos for offline playback. It's more expensive - $11.99/month in the United States. If you're already a YouTube Red member, or you join soon, your monthly bill won't go up.

Google says Premium is coming soon to Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. YouTube Premium also includes the new YouTube Music Premium.

Android_All_English.png

You may be thinking, "wait a minute, there's already a YouTube Music!" You're right, but Google wants you to forget about that. Right now, Music is just a modified YouTube app that requires a Red subscription. Soon, it will be its own service, complete with a new desktop player.

The service will have an ad-supported version, similar to Spotify. To get rid of the ads, you either need to pay $9.99/month for YouTube Music Premium, or subscribe to YouTube Premium for $11.99/month (which includes YouTube Music Premium). To make matters more confusing, this is replacing the streaming part of Google Play Music, but not the cloud storage/purchases part:

If you are a subscriber to Google Play Music, good news, you get a YouTube Music Premium membership as part of your subscription each month. And if you use Google Play Music, nothing will change -- you’ll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.

There's no ETA for the launch of Google Premium, but the new YouTube Music will start rolling out on Tuesday. Here's a handy chart explaining the differences between the two services:

So in summary, YouTube Red is more expensive and includes a music service, YouTube Music will get a web player soon, and Play Music is still in limbo.

Nobody's talking about this YouTube Music/YouTube Premium stuff??

so is it replacing Play? I dont think its a bad move. But there goes Google again killing something else for something else. Still prefer spotify at the moment. Would need to seem the family packages.

so is it replacing Play? I dont think its a bad move. But there goes Google again killing something else for something else. Still prefer spotify at the moment. Would need to seem the family packages.

It'll replace Play Music by the end of the year. We will still be able to listen to our uploaded music and everything until then. The uploaded music is supposed to move over to YouTube Music as well.

Not a fan of the notch. Would prefer the black strip on the top then the the rest of the phone all screen. Like the s8 display would be perfect without the black bar on the bottom.

Can't believe the notch is catching on. Looks horrible. I saw the new youtube music and was wondering the difference.

Back
Top Bottom