• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, 5:30pm to 9:30pm is perfect for me. I thought I was gonna have to take off early.

Yea I’m trying to see if I should drive in or Bart. Wife works on embarcadero so I might just Bart in grab the phone and get dinner. I guess it depends on the line and how they go about selling it. I just wanna see them in person so I know what color to grab.

And dam didn’t know you were from the Bay. I always see you posting in similar threads :lol:

At this point gotta wait at least two years to get a new phone IMO. Cause it is like - oh let’s get the S9. Nah minus whale get the note.

Well I like the One Plus cause it’s unlocked and the price is right. Well minus whale wait until the T drops.

Yea crazy the speed of tech nowadays. Like satisfaction is so short. Luckily for me I’ve been riding out this stupid iPhone since I’ve paid it off. Time for a well needed upgrade. Funny thing is this iPhone will probably pay for half the cost since the resell is still decent.

Yea I’m trying to see if I should drive in or Bart. Wife works on embarcadero so I might just Bart in grab the phone and get dinner. I guess it depends on the line and how they go about selling it. I just wanna see them in person so I know what color to grab.

And dam didn’t know you were from the Bay. I always see you posting in similar threads :lol:
I thought you were in the East coast. I bounced around the Bay, but now I got lucky and found a spot in the city a year and a half ago. Originally from the city and raised in the East Bay.

I want to see the phone and by then I'll see if I should cop. I know it's worth it and everything, I just want to see how it compares to my S8+. I'll take pictures for this thread when I get my hands on the display model.

My phone is running way faster and smoother but my battery life is still eh. The only thing I can think of doing is lowering my screen resolution to HD+

If it wasn't a BOGO offer I wouldn't have this phone at all. Phones are getting out of control price wise. Would have went budget like I did with the ZTE Axon 7

OnePlus 6 reviews are out

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/21/17369956/oneplus-6-review-phone-android-phone-price-specs

Complains about no real water resistance, dash charging, and still an average camera.

https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-6-review

Android Central gave it a 4.5/5 but was a lot more impressed with the camera.

I'll keep an eye out for the rest. But it's pretty much what I expected.. seeing some of the camera shots are pretty solid considering OnePlus' track record. You always had to decide if you could live with a couple of things not being the best with OnePlus (ironic of course considering their slogan), but for $529... it's looking pretty good.

Got the OP6 yesterday at the SF popup. Got a bunch of free gear with it. Ended up getting midnight black. The mirror black was ok if you're into that. It's well done. Mirror finishes to me can just look cheap. And man talk about finger print magnet. Looked gross after seeing that hundreds of people touched it.

This is definitely OP best phone that they've made quality wise. Haven't had a chance to test everything, just not getting it setup. Moving back over to Android after being on iOS for a while. Best part of the popup was no shipping or tax.

Phones snappy and screens good even for 1080. Oxygen OS is good, but will probably try P soon. Forgot about the notch already. Haven't tested the camera yet.

Bit the bullet and ordered a 6 8gb 128gb midnight black Should be here in a week. I slept on ordering and the shipment date kept getting pushed back. Current me is hating spending money but future me won't care :lol: I'll sell my current phone on swappa and cover some of the price and call it a day.

Fellas, my S6 edge + is on its last leg and I'm thinking about getting an s9. I have always wanted a note but do any note users use the stylus? I might wait until the next note but I'm not sure my phone will last that long.

Got the OP6 yesterday at the SF popup. Got a bunch of free gear with it. Ended up getting midnight black. The mirror black was ok if you're into that. It's well done. Mirror finishes to me can just look cheap. And man talk about finger print magnet. Looked gross after seeing that hundreds of people touched it.

This is definitely OP best phone that they've made quality wise. Haven't had a chance to test everything, just not getting it setup. Moving back over to Android after being on iOS for a while. Best part of the popup was no shipping or tax.

Phones snappy and screens good even for 1080. Oxygen OS is good, but will probably try P soon. Forgot about the notch already. Haven't tested the camera yet.

Post back in a few days with a quick review papi.

Fellas, my S6 edge + is on its last leg and I'm thinking about getting an s9. I have always wanted a note but do any note users use the stylus? I might wait until the next note but I'm not sure my phone will last that long.

What's wrong with it? Backup everything and hard reset it if it's a software issue.

What's wrong with it? Backup everything and hard reset it if it's a software issue.

Battery life, stopped fast charging, completed a hard reset and nothing works. What sucks is that I'm on Verizon's total equipment protection plan and they are too busy fighting with asurion over whether this is a mechanical or software issue while I sit in limbo. I was happy to pay my deductible but they won't let me until they figure out which route they want me to take.

YouTube Music starts rolling out today
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
6 reasons you’re gonna like it

Last week we announced the new YouTube Music. Today, we’re excited to start rolling out early access of the new YouTube Music in the U.S., Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. To be the first to know when it’s available for you, head to music.youtube.com/coming-soon.
Here are six reasons we think you’re gonna like it:
  1. It’s ALL here. Not just music videos, but official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube.
  2. Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on what you’ve played before, where you are and what you’re doing. At the gym workin’ on that fitness? Escaping during your commute? The right music is right here, built just for you.
  3. Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood or activity. Try “Blogged 50” to discover new music or “Indie Under Pressure” to get the heart rate going.
  4. Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
  5. The hottest videos. We’ll keep you on top of what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world right now are right there, on their own dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in the U.S., it features Anderson.Paak, Jessie Reyez, and G-Eazy.
  6. No internet? No problem. Paid members can download music and listen ad-free and in the background. Plus, your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forgot to.

To the Google Play Music users out there, nothing will change - you’ll still be able to access and add to all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always. For additional information on what we announced last week, be sure to check out our blog.

We can’t wait for music fans across the globe to get their hands on YouTube Music! If you’re interested in learning more and getting access, head to music.youtube.com/coming-soon.

Elias Roman, Product Manager, YouTube Music, recently played "Miranda Lambert - Little Red Wagon."

Last edited:
Post back in a few days with a quick review papi.
Will do. Have used it half the day so far so I'll chime in later. I'll say one thing the haptic motor is still trash. Feels like an old cheap Android phone when it comes to haptic feedback compared to my iPhone or even top tier Android devices. But thats not what I bought it for, and ik sure where they chose to cut corners.

Battery life, stopped fast charging, completed a hard reset and nothing works. What sucks is that I'm on Verizon's total equipment protection plan and they are too busy fighting with asurion over whether this is a mechanical or software issue while I sit in limbo. I was happy to pay my deductible but they won't let me until they figure out which route they want me to take.

wow thats terrible on verizons part... kinda glad i skipped out on the insurance

This is why stop doing cellphone contracts. Carriers wanna charge you for everything just to use your phone on thier network. A give a blind eye when a issue comes up.

@aeppes just tell you lost the phone and get a replacement that way.

Google already had a free music streaming service.......it's called YouTube.
laugh.gif

I said this three years ago and now Google is finally admitting it. :lol:

does anyone have any recommendations for a smart watch in the $100-200 range? my parents wanna get one for my brother and I have no idea where to start

does anyone have any recommendations for a smart watch in the $100-200 range? my parents wanna get one for my brother and I have no idea where to start

does he have an iphone....cause honestly the apple watch is worth it if you can get for the 200 price. which is possible. my iphone broken so i don't get real functionality of iphone/apple watch relationship. but it still functions once you pair it that 1 time setup that is needed for it to work.

if not the the new fitbit versa is close to competing with the apple watch.
android smartwatches don't appeal to me honestly, and im a android fanatic.

does he have an iphone....cause honestly the apple watch is worth it if you can get for the 200 price. which is possible. my iphone broken so i don't get real functionality of iphone/apple watch relationship. but it still functions once you pair it that 1 time setup that is needed for it to work.

if not the the new fitbit versa is close to competing with the apple watch.
android smartwatches don't appeal to me honestly, and im a android fanatic.

he has a pixel XL haha. I just came across the ticwatch E and it looks half decent for the price point. appreciate the tips though

SwiftKey users: does your keyboard automatically change "I'm" or "I'll" to "I"? It's been doing this for a while and it's so annoying.

Back
Top Bottom