• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only thing on my radar is fold 3 and I'm not even certain on that. I mean......... do I really need a foldable tablet in my pocket? What do I do that would justify that? If anything I need something that would make me spend less time on the phone. I like the fact that my bill is around 100. That would send it to at least 150.

New wallpaper :smokin

Screenshot_20201226-162243_One UI Home.jpg

The current state of the Samsung Pay app is definitely missed opportunity for Samsung. Samsung pay itself works great and the fact that it uses MST allows it to be used as a lot more places than Google Pay or Apple Pay.

The problem is the actual app itself sucks and hasn't had a major update in years. Google updated their Google pay app with money management features recently and it makes the app a lot more robust.

The current state of the Samsung Pay app is definitely missed opportunity for Samsung. Samsung pay itself works great and the fact that it uses MST allows it to be used as a lot more places than Google Pay or Apple Pay.

The problem is the actual app itself sucks and hasn't had a major update in years. Google updated their Google pay app with money management features recently and it makes the app a lot more robust.
Isn't MST no longer available.? Idk where I read that... But that's probably the only leg up SamPay had on it's competitors

Isn't MST no longer available.? Idk where I read that... But that's probably the only leg up SamPay had on it's competitors

The way I understand it, MST is built into the phone. CNET has this article that says that with how ubiquitous NFC is, MST isn't nearly as useful as it once was. When Samsung pay launched five years ago, A lot of terminals didn't have NFC built in but now most of them do. MST still allows me to pay at gas pumps and other uncommon places though.

Samsung is getting rid of one of the best features of Samsung Pay, which is the reward points. It seems like they're going backwards with Samsung pay instead of forwards. I might make the switch to Google pay.

Yea. I had alot of points and they robbed me every month because I wasn't using them :smh:
That was a major problem, anything that was worth getting using points was non obtainable due to losing points monthly. Plus they capped the amount of points you could earn. The whole thing made absolutely no sense.

That was a major problem, anything that was worth getting using points was non obtainable due to losing points monthly. Plus they capped the amount of points you could earn. The whole thing made absolutely no sense.
Sounds like a class action lawsuit if I wasn't the only one experiencing this :smh:

I wonder if we're gonna see some type of new battery in some phones this year? Looking at old articles they were talking about graphene batteries that can hold up to 60% more capacity, charge way faster, more lighter, stay cooler, have a longer life span

Screenshot_20201228-144119_Chrome.jpg

Or maybe in couple years we might get the solid state batteries that's supposedly holds twice as much energy compared to the lithium ion batteries we get on phones now..

Screenshot_20201228-144954_Chrome.jpg

:nerd:

Is there a way to fully uninstall the YouTube app? I use YouTube vanced and when I receive links in messages and such, I'd prefer if it's opened with vanced but it defaults to YouTube.
Edit: nvm, I think just the regular uninstall may work even though it's not truly uninstalled.

Is there a way to fully uninstall the YouTube app? I use YouTube vanced and when I receive links in messages and such, I'd prefer if it's opened with vanced but it defaults to YouTube.
Edit: nvm, I think just the regular uninstall may work even though it's not truly uninstalled.
You disable it in you app settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-220705.png
    Screenshot_20201228-220705.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 305
I never used samsung pay but Google pay treated me good after a whole month of usage. Took advantage of all the cashback deals from some stores on there

My note 8 has been tripping lately. Not keeping a solid connection while talking. I have to hang up and call the person back. I bought a laptop a few weeks ago ($560) which I literally never use. Gonna take it back, get the cheapest Chromebook (all I need right now) and get the note 20 ultra. I feel like it's time to upgrade phones. I've had the note 8 since September 2017.

Just copped the Note 20 Ultra. Clean so far. Verizon has a promo that I didn't know about. Traded in the note 8 and received 400 of over the price of the payment plan, bringing it to 900. Not too bad. My only hope is that I don't spend so much time on here that it burns into the screen.

Edit: the most clutch new feature by far is the on screen fingerprint reader. No more reaching to the back of the phone for the small sensor and getting denied multiple times.

Also just realized that flashing notification alerts are a thing of the past now. No big deal.

On the bad side, it seems like the front camera is blurry. I think it's bc the front camera takes a while to focus. I see other people saying this online as well. Not a huge deal bc I rarely take pics.

Last edited:
Phone calls are still breaking up while I'm at home and I am pretty sure it's due to wifi calling. I just thought about it. What is the benefit of that anyway? To have less calls crowding the network?

Back
Top Bottom