• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Its called advanced clock, you can change your icons with theme manager.

Or u can go into the framework and throw ur custom icons in there.
I havent done it yet though.

Theme manager?? Where do I find that??
it comes with MIUI.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Its called advanced clock, you can change your icons with theme manager.

Or u can go into the framework and throw ur custom icons in there.
I havent done it yet though.

Theme manager?? Where do I find that??
it comes with MIUI.

CM7 w/ wimax FTW 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

CM7 w/ wimax FTW 
pimp.gif

THIS!!!!

been using it since it release..FINALLY.  Never thought i would see the day.  

What exactly does flashing the ROM do? n00b here

It puts a different system than what is included with the phone and deletes any pre-set programs the carrier adds (which many people dont use anyway) which creates space for other things.............among a million other things it does.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

CM7 w/ wimax FTW 
pimp.gif

THIS!!!!

been using it since it release..FINALLY.  Never thought i would see the day.  

It puts a different system than what is included with the phone and deletes any pre-set programs the carrier adds (which many people dont use anyway) which creates space for other things.............among a million other things it does.

Okay my fellow Android users... got a couple of questions.

Okay I've been using CM6 for about a week now... this ROM is straight buttcheeks for real... texting can't even work properly.

Stock > flashed ROM's... so far!

Okay now here's where my questions begin.

I backed up my stock ROM and see it on ROM manager it's actually there twice because when I flashed CM6 it backed up again, but it's saved as the date I flashed it, but when I saved it when I rooted the phone I saved it as Stock_Rom.

Now my question is if I want to flash another ROM do I have to go back to the Stock_Rom first and then flash the new Rom I choose (eg. CM7 Gingerbread) or can I just flash CM7 (or whatever I choose like MIUI) over the CM6 Rom?

This CM6 Rom improved my battery life somewhat, but it's to shaky for me. Text's don't work properly, a lot of lag with this ROM I noticed also. I also noticed that my signal strength is really low most of the time usually in places that I had full signal, but I don't know if that's because of the Rom or just the network.

They probably fixed these issues with updates for this ROM, but I don't know where to get the updates only the one I see in Rom Manager.

Yeah it let's you customize it a lot more than the Stock_Rom, but I don't need all that extra do-hicky nonsense if I have to sacrifice major uses for the the phone that I use signifigantly.

I will probably give MIUI and CM7 (if ALIQalchemist let's me know if it's good and stable), and if I don't like them I'll probably go back to how the phone was stock. I had no problem with the setup from how it was when the phone was stock... only the battery life.

My last question... I read on here or somewhere online that once you have your phone rooted you can't get any (how do you say regular updates from HTC) OEM
laugh.gif
updates from HTC. So say they put out an over the air update for my Evo4G where I can get the real gingerbread issued by HTC it won't prompt me to download it because the phone is rooted?

Okay I've been using CM6 for about a week now... this ROM is straight buttcheeks for real... texting can't even work properly.

I backed up my stock ROM and see it on ROM manager it's actually there twice because when I flashed CM6 it backed up again, but it's saved as the date I flashed it, but when I saved it when I rooted the phone I saved it as Stock_Rom.

Now my question is if I want to flash another ROM do I have to go back to the Stock_Rom first and then flash the new Rom I choose (eg. CM7 Gingerbread) or can I just flash CM7 (or whatever I choose like MIUI) over the CM6 Rom?

This CM6 Rom improved my battery life somewhat, but it's to shaky for me. Text's don't work properly, a lot of lag with this ROM I noticed also. I also noticed that my signal strength is really low most of the time usually in places that I had full signal, but I don't know if that's because of the Rom or just the network.

They probably fixed these issues with updates for this ROM, but I don't know where to get the updates only the one I see in Rom Manager.

Yeah it let's you customize it a lot more than the Stock_Rom, but I don't need all that extra do-hicky nonsense if I have to sacrifice major uses for the the phone that I use signifigantly.

I will probably give MIUI and CM7 (if ALIQalchemist let's me know if it's good and stable), and if I don't like them I'll probably go back to how the phone was stock. I had no problem with the setup from how it was when the phone was stock... only the battery life.

My last question... I read on here or somewhere online that once you have your phone rooted you can't get any (how do you say regular updates from HTC) OEM
laugh.gif
updates from HTC. So say they put out an over the air update for my Evo4G where I can get the real gingerbread issued by HTC it won't prompt me to download it because the phone is rooted?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

How does one go about doing this?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

How does one go about doing this?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work
choose a ROM using XDA or ROM Manager (which i'd prefer XDA), throw it on your sd card
Backup Your ROM using ROM manager
Reboot into Recovery
Do a FULL WIPE (wipe data/factory reset and wipe Davlik Cache and cache partitions) before you flash a new ROM
After you wipe, look for the ROM you put on your SD card (install .zip from sd card)
after finding it, flash it (push the power button)
And it should load up. Hit up CM7 (i'd recommend it)

TheGrimm- Its basically a whole new user interface, custom notification bars, app drawers, lockscreens, battery icon, wifi logo, all that. Your phone is basically different and Stock Free from all these crap apps. Giving your phone a more cleaner look. Go For It Shun!!

choose a ROM using XDA or ROM Manager (which i'd prefer XDA), throw it on your sd card
Backup Your ROM using ROM manager
Reboot into Recovery
Do a FULL WIPE (wipe data/factory reset and wipe Davlik Cache and cache partitions) before you flash a new ROM
After you wipe, look for the ROM you put on your SD card (install .zip from sd card)
after finding it, flash it (push the power button)
And it should load up. Hit up CM7 (i'd recommend it)

TheGrimm- Its basically a whole new user interface, custom notification bars, app drawers, lockscreens, battery icon, wifi logo, all that. Your phone is basically different and Stock Free from all these crap apps. Giving your phone a more cleaner look. Go For It Shun!!

which version of MIUI are you running? the newest one sucks cuz you have to have a .mtz file for the themes and icons
tired.gif
, i have 20 themes and i have to manually reconvert them.
30t6p3b.gif

to fix the timestamp: settings/mms settings/advanced settings/disable Sort SMS by date

I hear you saying the newest version of MIUI sucks, are you running 1.1.28 that is in you sig? If you could provide the ROM, and any kernals you have with it, I'd appreciate it. CM6 has been ok, but I'm ready to try something else. Thanks! It may be the one listed here, just want to verify.

which version of MIUI are you running? the newest one sucks cuz you have to have a .mtz file for the themes and icons
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

to fix the timestamp: settings/mms settings/advanced settings/disable Sort SMS by date

I hear you saying the newest version of MIUI sucks, are you running 1.1.28 that is in you sig? If you could provide the ROM, and any kernals you have with it, I'd appreciate it. CM6 has been ok, but I'm ready to try something else. Thanks! It may be the one listed here, just want to verify.

laugh.gif

WHEN did you buy your evo?  the newer ones have a few issues that the older ones dont.  Use CM7.....Its very stable.  Ive been using it since it came out.  
and No....to change to another ROM......Just wipe everything and install the new ROM normally.

laugh.gif

WHEN did you buy your evo?  the newer ones have a few issues that the older ones dont.  Use CM7.....Its very stable.  Ive been using it since it came out.  
and No....to change to another ROM......Just wipe everything and install the new ROM normally.

Originally Posted by mrtito32

tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i dont know if that's the same one, but if its 1.1.28 then i'ma assume its the same ROM for your phone(which phone do you have?), im on the ev0 btw.
The kernals are at the bottom of the link you posted. get the CM one.

Originally Posted by mrtito32

tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i dont know if that's the same one, but if its 1.1.28 then i'ma assume its the same ROM for your phone(which phone do you have?), im on the ev0 btw.
The kernals are at the bottom of the link you posted. get the CM one.

^ I'm on EVO as well. Do I need all three kernals or just the one that says "Resync'd from cm source"?

^ I'm on EVO as well. Do I need all three kernals or just the one that says "Resync'd from cm source"?

Back
Top Bottom