• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(if ALIQalchemist let's meknow ifit's good and stable)

Dang shun where the aliq come from? Lmao its all good.

Anyway, i recommend rom manager if your complety new to flashing roms its easy, effective and gives you less of a headache going through the hboot screen. But listen to tetstujin thats another option of flashing roms.

You can and cant really say stock is better than custom roms. Casue roms like cm7 are way more optimized and they pull out restrictions that makes 3g and 4g slow that sprint and htc put on there stock rom. Yes, you cant update a latest htc rom that htc puts out when your on a different rom.what you can do is get this rom on xda called sprint lovers rom thats everything stock and comes with customizations.

You cant use rom manager though gonna have to do it like tets told you to and follow the on screen instructions.

Ill post all the things you need in a few.

(if ALIQalchemist let's meknow ifit's good and stable)

Dang shun where the aliq come from? Lmao its all good.

Anyway, i recommend rom manager if your complety new to flashing roms its easy, effective and gives you less of a headache going through the hboot screen. But listen to tetstujin thats another option of flashing roms.

You can and cant really say stock is better than custom roms. Casue roms like cm7 are way more optimized and they pull out restrictions that makes 3g and 4g slow that sprint and htc put on there stock rom. Yes, you cant update a latest htc rom that htc puts out when your on a different rom.what you can do is get this rom on xda called sprint lovers rom thats everything stock and comes with customizations.

You cant use rom manager though gonna have to do it like tets told you to and follow the on screen instructions.

Ill post all the things you need in a few.

Anyone who how the Droid X is doing?
I have one but it's been stock since July, finally wanting to root.
Custom ROMs possible yet?

5425301671_f8f2544de2_z.jpg

Sprint Owners, don't forget tonight...

thumb_550_sprint-nyc-magic2.jpg

Its rumor that Kyocera will be showing off its newest Android handset 
eyes.gif

Sprint Owners, don't forget tonight...

thumb_550_sprint-nyc-magic2.jpg

Its rumor that Kyocera will be showing off its newest Android handset 
eyes.gif

Verizon locking WiFi on Motorola Xoom until you buy one month of data service?
By Darren Murph posted Feb 6th 2011 at 7:35PM
Breaking News

Call us crazy, but we're having a hard time interpreting this line of fine print in any other way:
"To activate WiFi functionality on this device, a minimum of one month data subscription is required."
That's listed under Best Buy's most recent ad highlighting the world's first Android 3.0 tablet, and it most certainly sounds both ominous and ridiculous. Hardcore Verizon followers may remember the days of Big Red crippling Bluetooth radios in phones in order to "coerce" users to purchase ringtones and such from them rather than snagging one on the subway from Tom, **** and / Jane, so we definitely wouldn't put something like this by the company. It's hard to say how this will be implemented once the $800 Xoom hits retail shelves, but it's certainly hard to believe that this is a Best Buy policy (and not a Verizon mandate). We'll be digging for more details (after all, this could all be some strange, terrible dream), but we'll be straight with you -- we don't like the potential implications here.

Update: We're hearing from some Best Buy Mobile employees that these simply won't be able to be sold without being first activated on Verizon's network, so even though you could theoretically cancel the same day, you'll still likely get hit with a one-time activation fee (and possibly one month of data). Then again, there appears to be typos on the flyer, so you may want to wait for Verizon's official word before getting up in arms.

Sorry for the bad quote, can't figure out how to post it in big words and with the pic.

However how do you guys feel about the pricing for the xoom, and verizon locking you to buy there service for a month just to activate the wifi?

My 2 cents:
Motorola shot themselves in the leg 2x.

1. They didn't give "CHOICE" like the ipad pricing. The ipad had a entry level price at $499 for 16gb and so on, if you wanted more memory at a cost. If motorola was smart they would consumers want a affordable option that still has the main features but has the memory you want is you choice one thing apple has been practicing since the ipods, by selling it at a tier price like the ipad people will buy the one that is affordable to them $800 is OD . No, one really isn't going to buy a tablet when its sill a some what niche product (buying some you don't really need, but want cause its cool).

2. They singed up with Verizon to provide the internet. IMO Verizon are greedy and schemers. Why should i buy internet for a device just to activate wifi, thats nuts. Only a few people will purchase this device just to do that cause they really wan't it. Verizon is 3G is not even that great to even to force consumers to buy their internet service.

Will this device sell? Maybe,
Will this device sell more than ipad release day? HELL NO, not with moto and verizon approach, apple gave you an option to wait for a 3g subscription base model months later.

What i don't understand if the Android is free OS, why does it seem moto is charging for a OS that they didn't build but just the hardware.
Thank goodness there other tablets being announced later this month. HTC, SONY....etc, I'm looking at you please offer to the consumers and not these lame wireless carriers try to force you buy their services. No reason why the galaxy tab failed horribly no one wants to sign another contract that their smartphone can do and tether for wireless functionality.

The Xoom will be subpar in units sold, when the ipad2 comes out.

Verizon locking WiFi on Motorola Xoom until you buy one month of data service?
By Darren Murph posted Feb 6th 2011 at 7:35PM
Breaking News

Call us crazy, but we're having a hard time interpreting this line of fine print in any other way:
"To activate WiFi functionality on this device, a minimum of one month data subscription is required."
That's listed under Best Buy's most recent ad highlighting the world's first Android 3.0 tablet, and it most certainly sounds both ominous and ridiculous. Hardcore Verizon followers may remember the days of Big Red crippling Bluetooth radios in phones in order to "coerce" users to purchase ringtones and such from them rather than snagging one on the subway from Tom, **** and / Jane, so we definitely wouldn't put something like this by the company. It's hard to say how this will be implemented once the $800 Xoom hits retail shelves, but it's certainly hard to believe that this is a Best Buy policy (and not a Verizon mandate). We'll be digging for more details (after all, this could all be some strange, terrible dream), but we'll be straight with you -- we don't like the potential implications here.

Update: We're hearing from some Best Buy Mobile employees that these simply won't be able to be sold without being first activated on Verizon's network, so even though you could theoretically cancel the same day, you'll still likely get hit with a one-time activation fee (and possibly one month of data). Then again, there appears to be typos on the flyer, so you may want to wait for Verizon's official word before getting up in arms.

Sorry for the bad quote, can't figure out how to post it in big words and with the pic.

However how do you guys feel about the pricing for the xoom, and verizon locking you to buy there service for a month just to activate the wifi?

My 2 cents:
Motorola shot themselves in the leg 2x.

1. They didn't give "CHOICE" like the ipad pricing. The ipad had a entry level price at $499 for 16gb and so on, if you wanted more memory at a cost. If motorola was smart they would consumers want a affordable option that still has the main features but has the memory you want is you choice one thing apple has been practicing since the ipods, by selling it at a tier price like the ipad people will buy the one that is affordable to them $800 is OD . No, one really isn't going to buy a tablet when its sill a some what niche product (buying some you don't really need, but want cause its cool).

2. They singed up with Verizon to provide the internet. IMO Verizon are greedy and schemers. Why should i buy internet for a device just to activate wifi, thats nuts. Only a few people will purchase this device just to do that cause they really wan't it. Verizon is 3G is not even that great to even to force consumers to buy their internet service.

Will this device sell? Maybe,
Will this device sell more than ipad release day? HELL NO, not with moto and verizon approach, apple gave you an option to wait for a 3g subscription base model months later.

What i don't understand if the Android is free OS, why does it seem moto is charging for a OS that they didn't build but just the hardware.
Thank goodness there other tablets being announced later this month. HTC, SONY....etc, I'm looking at you please offer to the consumers and not these lame wireless carriers try to force you buy their services. No reason why the galaxy tab failed horribly no one wants to sign another contract that their smartphone can do and tether for wireless functionality.

The Xoom will be subpar in units sold, when the ipad2 comes out.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Liberty 1.5
Its moves fast and smooth as hell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Liberty 1.5
Its moves fast and smooth as hell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23
Which widget are you using that has the days of the week like that?  And the battery/info as well 
nerd.gif

mclock with clock delete for the day of the week
battery as in widget(advanced clock) or the topbar?(which is MIUI battery)

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23
Which widget are you using that has the days of the week like that?  And the battery/info as well 
nerd.gif

mclock with clock delete for the day of the week
battery as in widget(advanced clock) or the topbar?(which is MIUI battery)

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I gotta say im really impressed with my mytouch 4G so far...

customization
speed
signal
call quality
wifi hotspot w/o out the box

pimp.gif
the only con is the battery is average, but I can't really complain

If you are going to root put cm7 on it. My battery life doubled. No joke.
pimp.gif
frown.gif
I've already tried several times with visionary 11 and 14 but the root never sticks..I'm doing everything right I know I am..some people with newer mt4gs
are having similar rooting issues I believe, not sure what method I'll try next.
oh yea, i remember you saying that now.  that's lame.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I gotta say im really impressed with my mytouch 4G so far...

customization
speed
signal
call quality
wifi hotspot w/o out the box

pimp.gif
the only con is the battery is average, but I can't really complain

If you are going to root put cm7 on it. My battery life doubled. No joke.
pimp.gif
frown.gif
I've already tried several times with visionary 11 and 14 but the root never sticks..I'm doing everything right I know I am..some people with newer mt4gs
are having similar rooting issues I believe, not sure what method I'll try next.
oh yea, i remember you saying that now.  that's lame.
tired.gif

Sprint Kyocera Echo, first Dual Touch Screen Android Smartphone, 4.7' display. Available this Spring for $199

Sprint Kyocera Echo, first Dual Touch Screen Android Smartphone, 4.7' display. Available this Spring for $199

damn 4.7?!

i need me something with size like that on t-mobile soon
nerd.gif

hope da pyramid is whats cracked up to be.

damn 4.7?!

i need me something with size like that on t-mobile soon
nerd.gif

hope da pyramid is whats cracked up to be.

Back
Top Bottom