• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by omgitswes

That's beyond ridiculous.
This is there latest response to the issue

Comment #1460 on issue 9392 by [email protected]: SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact.
http://code.google.com/p/andro...

Thanks to everyone for your patience while we've been investigating these reports. As it turns out, we believe there are two distinct situations being discussed on this issue chain. Fortunately, we have fixes for both of them.

When some users tap to open a message in the Messaging application, they're seeing a different message appear instead. We don't believe this issue is affecting many users, but we've developed a fix that we're preparing to deploy. Of course, double-checking the displayed message before hitting "Send" will prevent any messages from being sent to the wrong recipients. We've found in testing this issue, it is more likely to occur if you tap on a message before the Messaging app is fully loaded, so we recommend waiting for all the elements to load before clicking on the message you want to display.

Separately, some users have reported that their SMS messages are being delivered to the wrong people. It took us some time to reproduce this issue, as it appears that it's only occurring very rarely. Even so, we've now managed to both reproduce it and develop a fix that we will deploy.

While we don't anticipate any persistent problems, we'll continue to investigate in case we come up with additional ways to trigger these bugs. Thanks again for helping us improve Android.

So that was posted 01-05-11.
I guess whenever the next update comes out it'll be fixed.

Luckily it hasn't happened much. Just twice and I bought the Incredible at launch. But that's twice too many and it could really get me into trouble

Hmmmmm, I use voice and I have that issue from time to time. Maybe I should stop using it...

Hmmmmm, I use voice and I have that issue from time to time. Maybe I should stop using it...

I havent had that problem and I use Google voice heavily. If your running running cm7 or a gb rom 2.3.2 it was fixed.
Loo

I havent had that problem and I use Google voice heavily. If your running running cm7 or a gb rom 2.3.2 it was fixed.
Loo

Has anyone else had this problem?

My phone is sending texts to the wrong person, even though it says it sent to the right one. This is a serious problem and yeah all bad

Many many times this has happened to me. 

My phone is sending texts to the wrong person, even though it says it sent to the right one. This is a serious problem and yeah all bad

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Loo

gonna look into that this weekend then.
I've been meaning to try out some roms anyway

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Loo

gonna look into that this weekend then.
I've been meaning to try out some roms anyway

Originally Posted by Sneaky

It was the worst on Nexus One. Got rid of the phone for that same reason then got the Atrix and it did same thing
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

It was the worst on Nexus One. Got rid of the phone for that same reason then got the Atrix and it did same thing
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom