• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For anyone else with the ATT GSII they got AOKP 4.0, MIUI V4 and Samsung 4.0 ROM's working perfectly
pimp.gif

and that GSIII
eek.gif
eek.gif

The GSII is still the most powerful phone on the market right now. That damn thing is a beast. If I had a GSII the only way ill upgrade to the GSIII is if it comes with the Exynos 5250

The GSII is still the most powerful phone on the market right now. That damn thing is a beast. If I had a GSII the only way ill upgrade to the GSIII is if it comes with the Exynos 5250

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Actually, the Note is I think. But co-sign on GSII users with ICS really not needing to be in any rush to switch.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Actually, the Note is I think. But co-sign on GSII users with ICS really not needing to be in any rush to switch.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]AT&T's HTC One X test units in the wild, AC forums member weighs in[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   24 Mar 2012 6:00 pm

We're waiting patiently (mostly because we have no choice) for AT&T to sell us the HTC One X, and now we can drool over and talk to a fellow who's testing one for AT&T in the Android Central forums. Phonegeek (perfect name) has a One X in his hands and has let us in on a little bit of info, and is getting us even more excited for a release.

The AT&T version uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, and has 16GB internal storage. This is different from the international version, but is necessary to include the LTE radio. The S4 is no slouch though. Look in the thread and you'll see it rules the benchmark arena, handily beating out the Galaxy Nexus (and everything else) in both Quadrant and Browser benchmarking tool Vellamo. Benchmarks aside, the new generation of processor from Qualcomm means that this phone will perform like no other. One day, everyone will make chips and radios that work on all networks, but in the meantime HTC (like Samsung) has made sure that as far as performance goes, there is no difference between versions.

It looks as good as it operates, which is just as important. The speaker grill is slightly different, but otherwise it's the same One X we saw in Spain at MWC, and that's a good thing. Phonegeek also compares it to the HTC Inspire 4G, and it checks in a full 1.5 ounces lighter at about the same thickness. We're digging that, as sometimes too thin is just too thin. Also, be sure to check out a great picture taken with the new HTC camera setup and ImageSense software, which looks as good as we expected it to be. It's clear, in 2012 HTC is once again a force to be reckoned with. We wouldn't want it any other way.

Latest word is mid-May for release, and we can't wait. Hit the link below and have a look!

Source: Android Central forums

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/159614-release-date-5.html#post1671943

That S4 Krait doing damage 4900 in Quadrant
sick.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]AT&T's HTC One X test units in the wild, AC forums member weighs in[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   24 Mar 2012 6:00 pm

We're waiting patiently (mostly because we have no choice) for AT&T to sell us the HTC One X, and now we can drool over and talk to a fellow who's testing one for AT&T in the Android Central forums. Phonegeek (perfect name) has a One X in his hands and has let us in on a little bit of info, and is getting us even more excited for a release.

The AT&T version uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, and has 16GB internal storage. This is different from the international version, but is necessary to include the LTE radio. The S4 is no slouch though. Look in the thread and you'll see it rules the benchmark arena, handily beating out the Galaxy Nexus (and everything else) in both Quadrant and Browser benchmarking tool Vellamo. Benchmarks aside, the new generation of processor from Qualcomm means that this phone will perform like no other. One day, everyone will make chips and radios that work on all networks, but in the meantime HTC (like Samsung) has made sure that as far as performance goes, there is no difference between versions.

It looks as good as it operates, which is just as important. The speaker grill is slightly different, but otherwise it's the same One X we saw in Spain at MWC, and that's a good thing. Phonegeek also compares it to the HTC Inspire 4G, and it checks in a full 1.5 ounces lighter at about the same thickness. We're digging that, as sometimes too thin is just too thin. Also, be sure to check out a great picture taken with the new HTC camera setup and ImageSense software, which looks as good as we expected it to be. It's clear, in 2012 HTC is once again a force to be reckoned with. We wouldn't want it any other way.

Latest word is mid-May for release, and we can't wait. Hit the link below and have a look!

Source: Android Central forums

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/159614-release-date-5.html#post1671943

That S4 Krait doing damage 4900 in Quadrant
sick.gif

This device just went into field testing with at&t early this last week.

Given our testing schedule I would anticipate release in the mid-May time frame.

I will tell you that this is one sweet device and the only gripe I have so far is that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot, and removable battery.

Battery life does seem to be very good though so that may not be as much a deal breaker for some. The screen quality is insane though, everything is very smooth...

A couple of screenshots of benchmarks I ran this morning.

To be honest I love it. I am a die hard blackberry guy (as I am a transplant from the crackberry forums..) and I test almost every Blackberry we release and probably half the Android devices. This one is by far the best one I've seen yet. It feels good, its light weight but doesn't feel cheap. Battery life seems to be really good compared to most Android LTE devices I've tested lately. My only beef is that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot to be able to add more capacity to it...

I too tested the inspire and that thing is a brick compared to this...

Image1 is the inspire on the scale topping out at almost 6 oz
Image2 is the One X showing just a hair over 4.5 oz

Image3 shows the thickness difference between the inspire and one X which is significant.

Image4 is a picture I took with the one X that I thought was fairly decent quality...

This device just went into field testing with at&t early this last week.

Given our testing schedule I would anticipate release in the mid-May time frame.

I will tell you that this is one sweet device and the only gripe I have so far is that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot, and removable battery.

Battery life does seem to be very good though so that may not be as much a deal breaker for some. The screen quality is insane though, everything is very smooth...

A couple of screenshots of benchmarks I ran this morning.

To be honest I love it. I am a die hard blackberry guy (as I am a transplant from the crackberry forums..) and I test almost every Blackberry we release and probably half the Android devices. This one is by far the best one I've seen yet. It feels good, its light weight but doesn't feel cheap. Battery life seems to be really good compared to most Android LTE devices I've tested lately. My only beef is that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot to be able to add more capacity to it...

I too tested the inspire and that thing is a brick compared to this...

Image1 is the inspire on the scale topping out at almost 6 oz
Image2 is the One X showing just a hair over 4.5 oz

Image3 shows the thickness difference between the inspire and one X which is significant.

Image4 is a picture I took with the one X that I thought was fairly decent quality...

Temple run for android is out now. Might be kinda tricky to find tho, I had to use the link from the facebook fan page.

Temple run for android is out now. Might be kinda tricky to find tho, I had to use the link from the facebook fan page.

Originally Posted by MEXTEL310

sooo i ended up buying a GN from dailysteals.

hope it comes sooner than later... they're legit but sometimes they take a while to ship items.

what add-ons/accessories do you GN users use? extended battery...?

as of now i just plan on getting a screen protector
All I have is a Zagg Screen protector and that seems to be doing me well so far. But I am going to start researching extended batteries for it. I have only one complaint about the Note and Samsung phones in general...they take too damn long to recharge. THey say it is to extend the overall battery life, but 3.5 hours to recharge is annoying. Luckily the battery lasts a long time. An extra battery is definitely a smart investment for this device. Also I noticed that the Stylus for my new Ipad works really great on the Note...even better than the one provided since it also can activate the capacitive buttons under the screen. If you have any more questions let me know.

BTW LTE is smoking fast. I get 52Mbps at it's fastest. The Note is a perfect companion for the iPad because you can tether the LTE via WiFi hotspot OR Bluetooth. There is a free app called FoxFi in the Android Market that allows you to tether without getting the tether plan from AT&T...just don't abuse it or AT&T will get your $%#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MEXTEL310

sooo i ended up buying a GN from dailysteals.

hope it comes sooner than later... they're legit but sometimes they take a while to ship items.

what add-ons/accessories do you GN users use? extended battery...?

as of now i just plan on getting a screen protector
All I have is a Zagg Screen protector and that seems to be doing me well so far. But I am going to start researching extended batteries for it. I have only one complaint about the Note and Samsung phones in general...they take too damn long to recharge. THey say it is to extend the overall battery life, but 3.5 hours to recharge is annoying. Luckily the battery lasts a long time. An extra battery is definitely a smart investment for this device. Also I noticed that the Stylus for my new Ipad works really great on the Note...even better than the one provided since it also can activate the capacitive buttons under the screen. If you have any more questions let me know.

BTW LTE is smoking fast. I get 52Mbps at it's fastest. The Note is a perfect companion for the iPad because you can tether the LTE via WiFi hotspot OR Bluetooth. There is a free app called FoxFi in the Android Market that allows you to tether without getting the tether plan from AT&T...just don't abuse it or AT&T will get your $%#
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey fellas, this thread is too long for me to start searching for my answer so can someone reply if they have the correct info to my question please?

I have an Evo Shift with Sprint and am due for an upgrade in April. Does HTC have any ANDROID phones coming out soon WITH A SLIDING KEYBOARD? Hopefully a successor to the Evo Shift and not that God awful HTC Arrive?

Hey fellas, this thread is too long for me to start searching for my answer so can someone reply if they have the correct info to my question please?

I have an Evo Shift with Sprint and am due for an upgrade in April. Does HTC have any ANDROID phones coming out soon WITH A SLIDING KEYBOARD? Hopefully a successor to the Evo Shift and not that God awful HTC Arrive?

Having a hardware issue with my Captivate.
The power button is @*+**$ up, when it's in sleep I have to press the button a few times to wake it up and sometimes it wakes up and the option to power off and etc come up. When it's awake, I can't put it to sleep manually, it just won't woke. Anytime I press the button, I get the power off and etc menu.
I was on a beta MIUI ROM and I thought that might be the issue since I have flashed it on top of a few other ROMS, went back to stock and now I can't even flash a new ROM. When in recovery mode, I have to wait a minute or two before selecting something with the power button and even then there is still a massive delay. I can wait 5 minute, scroll down to the next option and that's when it will proceed and select the options, it's random and all over the place. There's also a rebooting issue, when the ROM was install in was stuck at the MIUI screen for about 15mins or so. I pulled the battery and flashed again and I would get stuck at the AT&T screen. I went back to stock again, I'm gonna try to flash CWM and install CM7 through the app.
I don't really want to buy a new one and I know to get it fixed is gonna be a *%$$@. I wait to hold off until the SGSIII, hopefully I can borrow an old smartphone from a friend

Having a hardware issue with my Captivate.
The power button is @*+**$ up, when it's in sleep I have to press the button a few times to wake it up and sometimes it wakes up and the option to power off and etc come up. When it's awake, I can't put it to sleep manually, it just won't woke. Anytime I press the button, I get the power off and etc menu.
I was on a beta MIUI ROM and I thought that might be the issue since I have flashed it on top of a few other ROMS, went back to stock and now I can't even flash a new ROM. When in recovery mode, I have to wait a minute or two before selecting something with the power button and even then there is still a massive delay. I can wait 5 minute, scroll down to the next option and that's when it will proceed and select the options, it's random and all over the place. There's also a rebooting issue, when the ROM was install in was stuck at the MIUI screen for about 15mins or so. I pulled the battery and flashed again and I would get stuck at the AT&T screen. I went back to stock again, I'm gonna try to flash CWM and install CM7 through the app.
I don't really want to buy a new one and I know to get it fixed is gonna be a *%$$@. I wait to hold off until the SGSIII, hopefully I can borrow an old smartphone from a friend

Back
Top Bottom